Kentucky lost again

It doesn’t matter, we won’t win the regular season anyway.
It will possibly be a stretch for their to be an sec tourney as well

I honestly don’t care about the SEC Tournament.

The NCAA Tournament is more important.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Arkansas still has to play Alabama, LSU, Mizzou, and Florida. All those teams are in the thick of it with us in SEC standings. We only have to play LSU.

Its ok that Arkansas won tonight. They have some losses on their schedule or will give losses to others who are fighting for seeding with us.

With that said......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA KENTUCKY SUCKS!!!!!

Just refreshing my memory, the worst Kentucky team Cal took to the Final Four had 6 McDonald's All-Stars on the team. Karl Anthony Towns, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall all have to me had superstar status. I'm sure I've missed one.

I don't knock Cal's coaching abilities but it's clear by now that his teams are too young to succeed without that upper echelon of talent, and that's starting to go missing in the college game.

13-14 was a pretty weak year leading up to the tourney. I think we were a 8 seed. Had a pretty tough run to the final four. I think it might have been one of the best recruiting class on paper but hindsight a lot of those players never panned out to be what we thought they could be.

Reactions: Border Vol
13-14 was a pretty weak year leading up to the tourney. I think we were a 8 seed. Had a pretty tough run to the final four. I think it might have been one of the best recruiting class on paper but hindsight a lot of those players never panned out to be what we thought they could be.
Wouldnt it be refreshing to see Ky have to play the first day of SEC tourney and not make NCAA tourney? Been awhile.

I forgot you still had like 4 other McDonald All-Stars from the previous 2 years. Probably got the last elite year of basketball out of some of them.

Was shooting the sh&t with a Kentucky buddy of mine last night and found out something pretty interesting. Kentucky has only had 1 losing season in it's history, pretty wild. When we started discussing this years team, he made a good point about Cal. Basically that he feels he can add a bunch of 5 stars every season and thinks they'll just gel, said he's a mediocre coach thats a great recruiter.

I still gave him sh&t and made fun of them because they'll probably go to the Final 4 next year

Watching Kentucky implode this year has been really fascinating. You see their kids in game, they still look the part - more arm length, bigger bodies, more athleticism - and every now and then one of them will pull off a move on the court that most college basketball players simply cannot do. As a team though they are rudderless and disorganized. On any given night they could possibly play great for ten or twenty minutes, but their low ceiling as a team hampers their ability to control both themselves and the pace of their games. Playing together for forty minutes is something they have yet to figure out.

But on a larger note, I feel for my relatives who are Kentucky fans - I really do. They probably can't even name half the players they've "cheered" for in the past five years, thanks to the revolving door recruiting Calipari subjects them to. Why get invested? They'll be gone in a year, or transferred, half the time. Fans up there know these Kentucky teams, for all their Ws, are made up of a lot of kids who couldn't care less about Kentucky or its tradition or pride. It's just a fancy AAU program with cheerleaders and dorm rooms. To think that Kentucky has become a stepping stone for that sort of arrangement ... I mean, as much as I hate Kentucky as a rival school, I can't imagine what it feels like to see your program basically "prostituted" out for easy money like that.

VN Store

Back