Kentucky lost again

He's a rebounding machine but I've never seen someone get away with more over the back calls or flat out shoves in the back than Tshiebwe

For some reason he is very likeable, and he has always got the benefit of doubt on getting position/shoving/bumping calls. It's just human nature whereas some players are just not likable at all, and it is easy to call one of them. Just the human equation.
When someone we like is shoving/pushing/use extended arm etc. man they're just playing hard they hustle all the time.
Someone we don't like the villain. He's just mean spirited if he keeps this pushing/shoving up theirs going to be a regrettable fight. Refs need to call a couple on him to get control of the game. Human equation.

Last edited:
Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
Well, that was the best game UK played probably all year, but certainly in SEC play. It was one of our worst. The officials were a non-factor in the outcome to me. They sucked, for sure, but they sucked all around. 15 more FTs should have actually been advantageous to us given they shoot 65% from the line, but when they dial in and shoot 22-25, it backfires. We just got punched in the mouth by a team who looked like they wanted it more.

This is what concerned me...I feel like our best trait as a team is our tough competitiveness but, while we never gave up and stayed within striking distance, I would say we got beat in that department by KY and JJJ seemed to agree. Hopefully we learn from it and continue to develop as a team.

Reactions: cncchris33
This is what concerned me...I feel like our best trait as a team is our tough competitiveness but, while we never gave up and stayed within striking distance, I would say we got beat in that department by KY and JJJ seemed to agree. Hopefully we learn from it and continue to develop as a team.
This is very true/my take as well…in comparison to other Top 10-15 teams we are almost certainly 1 of the less talented (star rankings) teams in that group. Where we make up for it typically is experience, playing as a team and overall effort/toughness…as you said Kentucky beat us in that effort/toughness department and that’s something we can’t do against quality teams, we have to always bring that. It’s also a big part why we struggle in those “need a bucket” moments, we don’t really have that 1 singular guy, throughout the flow of the game and just playing as a team we are good, but ISO one guy in a gotta have it moment is definitely not our strong suite…would be nice if Phillips continues to develop as I think he’s the guy most capable of that role.

This is very true/my take as well…in comparison to other Top 10-15 teams we are almost certainly 1 of the less talented (star rankings) teams in that group. Where we make up for it typically is experience, playing as a team and overall effort/toughness…as you said Kentucky beat us in that effort/toughness department and that’s something we can’t do against quality teams, we have to always bring that. It’s also a big part why we struggle in those “need a bucket” moments, we don’t really have that 1 singular guy, throughout the flow of the game and just playing as a team we are good, but ISO one guy in a gotta have it moment is definitely not our strong suite…would be nice if Phillips continues to develop as I think he’s the guy most capable of that role.
A lot of it is coaching. Barnes is an outstanding coach. He is one of the few that does more with less.

Reactions: foolonthehill
How in the hell did we lose to these guys?

Arkansas is playing well defensively, but UK is also throwing the ball all over the floor and very sloppy.

Reactions: VOLnMiami

VN Store

Back