Kentucky loses to Evansville

It has zero impact on Kentucky's season. It will not possibly be the difference between a winning/losing record or even a .500/losing record.

E-ville type teams beating P5 teams in BBall is way more common than GS type teams beating P5 teams

Doesnt matter if it impacts their season. That loss was horrendously bad. If Barnes had us #1 and Evansville beat us at home like that, the fanbase would likely want him fired.

If you think #1 ranked BB teams get beat by scrub teams like Evansville more regularly than a GS team beating TN in football then you are crazy. The GS loss wasnt even close to our worst. I mean UK was at home.

Reactions: LittleCat
Kentucky will choke and not make it to the Final Four

Maybe so (actually likely) but that won't be because of the E-ville loss. I'm not a fan of Cal but this loss does more for him than a win. He's got to get his young players focused and buying into a system. Nothing better than a loss like this to use as a tool. He ain't sweating this one.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Doesnt matter if it impacts their season. That loss was horrendously bad. If Barnes had us #1 and Evansville beat us at home like that, the fanbase would likely want him fired.

If you think #1 ranked BB teams get beat by scrub teams like Evansville more regularly than a GS team beating TN in football then you are crazy. The GS loss wasnt even close to our worst. I mean UK was at home.

On the first point then the fanbase are idiots.

On the second point it happens annually in BBall. What are all the other bad losses for the Vols at home that GS isn't even close too?

The only way the Evansville game will matter is if UK ends up being way worse than anyone thought; otherwise this game will be a faint memory come March.

As a Vol fan I'm giddy they lost, but if you're going to lose a dud like this mid November is the time to do it.

The only way the Evansville game will matter is if UK ends up being way worse than anyone thought; otherwise this game will be a faint memory come March.

As a Vol fan I'm giddy they lost, but if you're going to lose a dud like this mid November is the time to do it.

Agreed. I'm a UK grad and was pulling for E-ville. I wouldn't be surprised if Cal "let" it happen by not intervening. It's coaching gold when you have a bunch of new hot shot players who think they can do it like they did in high school.

Agreed. I'm a UK grad and was pulling for E-ville. I wouldn't be surprised if Cal "let" it happen by not intervening. It's coaching gold when you have a bunch of new hot shot players who think they can do it like they did in high school.

Interesting take. He certainly let them play lazy, but I chalked it up to trying to glue together a bunch of one and dones. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cal had this team in a good spot come March.

Really? Name 5-10 that are worse, if GS "wasn't even close" to our worst.

75481709_2585508884849260_3292931093468020736_n.jpg

Don’t need to name that many. But Wyoming and Memphis were much worse imo. You can think differently if you like.

Bad football teams that beat Tennessee Vols football...is that the question?

If so, that will be a long long list.

I will start with North Texas State, at home, in around 1975ish. I think the score was like 13-7. That was a long day.

Interesting take. He certainly let them play lazy, but I chalked it up to trying to glue together a bunch of one and dones. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cal had this team in a good spot come March.

He always does - they look out of sorts early in the year then they jell.

Don’t need to name that many. But Wyoming and Memphis were much worse imo. You can think differently if you like.
Wyoming is not remotely close given the situation (Fulmer fired the previous week, season was lost at that point, game didn't matter). Memphis was probably the worst. Georgia St is close.

VN Store

Back