Kentucky Forum: Who would you rather win title, Tennessee or Dook/UNCheat?

I really want Duke to win it all. They are a great team with honest recruits, educated, upstanding citizens, led by the best coach who never yells, curses, and a handsome man at that. They win despite getting calls against them all the time, the refs constantly try to cheat them. They never try to intimidate the refs and their home court rarely shows any advantage. This year their star, Williamson, actually had his family pay Duke to attend. In fact, they never get any hype or media attention. If they lose one game at home, they are dropped severely on the rankings way overboard. Espn never shows them any love or favortism, nor do Vitale, Bilas, and other sports figures and announcers. When they play they never cheat or do any of those silly things like flopping or banging their hands on the floor to play defense, or intentially tripping the opposition. All their players stay 4 years, graduate, and go on to have stellar NBA careers because how unselfish their coach is to worry about them first. They willingly play non conference teams on the other teams home court and refuse to play any cupcakes. In the NCAA tourney they also never get to play in North Carolina where they are located or nearby. They deserve everything. I know so because I have read it from so many sports reporters.

My favorite. Dripping sarcasm with a comedic touch.

Wow - their level of hatred for Duke/UNC rivals our hatred of Bama. This quote...

"Who would pick anyone but UT? I'd pull for the Taliban against Duke or UNCheat."

I'm too young to remember the early 90s, but basically everyone who remember those epic clashes will forever hate Coach K and Duke. Yes, people like to hate blue bloods and especially Duke, but the level of hate UK fans have towards the Dukies is on a whole new level.

I think some UK fans are still very mad UNC got away with blatant academic fraud. But that rivalry seems to have died since the head to head has ended.

I really want Duke to win it all. They are a great team with honest recruits, educated, upstanding citizens, led by the best coach who never yells, curses, and a handsome man at that. They win despite getting calls against them all the time, the refs constantly try to cheat them. They never try to intimidate the refs and their home court rarely shows any advantage. This year their star, Williamson, actually had his family pay Duke to attend. In fact, they never get any hype or media attention. If they lose one game at home, they are dropped severely on the rankings way overboard. Espn never shows them any love or favortism, nor do Vitale, Bilas, and other sports figures and announcers. When they play they never cheat or do any of those silly things like flopping or banging their hands on the floor to play defense, or intentially tripping the opposition. All their players stay 4 years, graduate, and go on to have stellar NBA careers because how unselfish their coach is to worry about them first. They willingly play non conference teams on the other teams home court and refuse to play any cupcakes. In the NCAA tourney they also never get to play in North Carolina where they are located or nearby. They deserve everything. I know so because I have read it from so many sports reporters.

You lost me at Handsome man!!! Cal is a lot better looking and so is Rick Barnes. Vitale never shows the DOOKIES any.I think vitale is on their payroll!!

Interesting BBN topic, most would root for UT over Duke or anyone else. Thank you BBN, we appreciate your bandwagon fandom!

I'd assume they'd want TN because it would take TN continuing to perform at this level for most of the next century to challenge their history while Dook and UNC are right there with them. Dook or UNC would easily have the greatest history in NCAABB if they weren't splitting it with each other.

A Kentucky fan accusing Duke of buying players...priceless! Who wrote that? Chris Mills?

Reactions: cardvolfan
Funny how they keep saying UT because the other "blue bloods" would get closer in titles! They seem to forget UCLA owns that still

UCLA won almost all of them cheating rampantly under one coach. UK won them in five different decades with five different coaches. Overall dominance and continued excellence easily favors UK.

Reactions: roger77
They perceive, perhaps accurately, that we're no historic threat to KY, so we're the easy pick. Got to actually give Cal some credit on this topic. He has said numerous times he wants a strong SEC and rivals because it helps SEC/KY legitimacy...I'm glad we're accommodating him. One guy asked a better question...would they rather see UT win 3 NC's or Duke win one. I think that one will even out the voting.

UCLA won almost all of them cheating rampantly under one coach. UK won them in five different decades with five different coaches. Overall dominance and continued excellence easily favors UK.

If that was sustained as truth wouldn't UCLA have vacated those wins??

Immediately below the cited thread on the UK forums - "Is Kentucky the best team in the country right now?"

If we vacated every single time for every infraction possible I doubt there'd be many teams with titles left.

Not trying to continue to argue but if it was enough of an infraction to warrant being called cheaters and you discounting their titles I'd say they'd have been vacated! As I said before UK fans don't seem to want to admit they dont sit atop that throne!

Not trying to continue to argue but if it was enough of an infraction to warrant being called cheaters and you discounting their titles I'd say they'd have been vacated! As I said before UK fans don't seem to want to admit they dont sit atop that throne!

That's a cute take but nah.

Reactions: Rocky_top08

VN Store

Back