Kentucky fan here

if anyone tells you what Pruitt is gonna do at QB tomorrow, they are lying. No one knows, and I dont even think Pruitt himself really knows

Kinda like when someone tells you they know what is going on inside China...it means they have absolutely no clue.

Reactions: AM64
My favorite for this game would be to play Jennings at QB. It would be an interesting variation on a theme ... two teams playing against each other and both using receivers as QBs. Also since one of the worst Tennessee debacles against KY resulted from a receiver "turned" QB it would be fitting. The real story is that the particular KY WR turned QB was actually a QB turned WR earlier on ... which apparently most people either neglected or never bothered to figure out.
I tracked that, but I’m dizzy now. I think Mauer is our best bet if he is good to go.

Wish y'all luck coming up here tomorrow. One question I have is Brian Maurer good to go tomorrow? I have seen that he has taken most of the 1st team reps in practice but I heard that was the case last week too.

I am very nervous if he plays, seems the Vols play with more energy when he is in there

GBB
Seriously doubt he’ll take a snap tomorrow, Pruitt is infatuated with Guarantano who can evidently do no wrong. Don’t think you’ll have to worry about Maurer.

Reactions: VolinMC
My favorite for this game would be to play Jennings at QB. It would be an interesting variation on a theme ... two teams playing against each other and both using receivers as QBs. Also since one of the worst Tennessee debacles against KY resulted from a receiver "turned" QB it would be fitting. The real story is that the particular KY WR turned QB was actually a QB turned WR earlier on ... which apparently most people either neglected or never bothered to figure out.
Jennings was also QB turned receiver and would be turned back to QB. Ain’t happening though.

if anyone tells you what Pruitt is gonna do at QB tomorrow, they are lying. No one knows, and I dont even think Pruitt himself really knows
I think he knows....play Guarantano at any cost no matter what. Start off with Shrout or Jauan in the wildcat to placate the fans for 5 seconds, and then run JG out there and leave him out there no matter what.

Wish y'all luck coming up here tomorrow. One question I have is Brian Maurer good to go tomorrow? I have seen that he has taken most of the 1st team reps in practice but I heard that was the case last week too.

I am very nervous if he plays, seems the Vols play with more energy when he is in there

GBB

This surprisingly does not mention Mauer

Tennessee's injury report for Kentucky

The ultimate compliment for Maurer. A fan from another team fears him more than the QB that beat them last year.

That's a huge sign of respect for the true freshman! Hopefully we see this fear spread rapidly over the next few weeks and into next season.

Go Vols

But, but, but.....the ANALYTICS!!! If you divide JG's rating by .65% of his completions after a 2 count on second down, when there are 5:32 or less left in a quarter, you reach the inescapable conclusion that he is clearly the superior QB to Peyton Manning, given drives of 5.761 plays or more which begin on or beyond the 31 yard line in odd numbered games and quarters.

It's obvious, man. It's obvious!

But, but, but.....the ANALYTICS!!! If you divide JG's rating by .65% of his completions after a 2 count on second down, when there are 5:32 or less left in a quarter, you reach the inescapable conclusion that he is clearly the superior QB to Peyton Manning, given drives of 5.761 plays or more which begin on or beyond the 31 yard line in odd numbered games and quarters.

You win my vote for post of the day!

One thing that has been announced: We are going to be wearing orange pants-that's it, it's as good as over! It's the pants, and the uni that will determine the final outcome-KY is doomed. As they are a neighboring state, my advice, bring plenty of Pepto to the game, the Orange Pants will give you heart burn-big time, I'd say at least one full bottle/fan.

Welcome! I root for the Cats when you aren't playing us. (not basketball, just football)

GBB

wrong forum for prognostications...better ask Coach Pruitt if Brian is good to go or not...we don't know either...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE WILDCATS!!!!!!!!

Here is a hint to take to Stoops. All 3 QB's along with JJ will be on the field the first play. Now you just have to figure out who is getting the snap and who runs or throws the ball to whom. Good luck!!!

brutal take down!

Reactions: AM64 and Mjewell

VN Store

Back