Kentucky fan here

The problem is that teams that cannot throw in the red zone won't win. There was a time when a great rushing team could just line up and push it in. There are few if any P-5 schools that can do that now.

It is very difficult to win kicking FG's in the red zone.

Agree. It's just frustrating when it looks almost like there's been a 50% chance of an end zone interception, and the other 50% is spread more to incomplete passes than catches. And, yeah, a lot of those incompletions are throwaways - which are infinitely better than another interception. I really miss Dobbs and his scrambling in times like this.

Agree. It's just frustrating when it looks almost like there's been a 50% chance of an end zone interception, and the other 50% is spread more to incomplete passes than catches. And, yeah, a lot of those incompletions are throwaways - which are infinitely better than another interception. I really miss Dobbs and his scrambling in times like this.
I feel like Chaney totes a little blame as well. With a freshman you would think a 40/60 (run heavy) mix would be good to learn from and most would agree I think. But with Maurer in the game it’s been closer to 60/40 and it’s not exactly been high percentage play calls. I don’t remember a single screen since Florida. Very few HB swings or anything to the flats. It’s been a downfield attack which is out of the ordinary.

I feel like Chaney totes a little blame as well. With a freshman you would think a 40/60 (run heavy) mix would be good to learn from and most would agree I think. But with Maurer in the game it’s been closer to 60/40 and it’s not exactly been high percentage play calls. I don’t remember a single screen since Florida. Very few HB swings or anything to the flats. It’s been a downfield attack which is out of the ordinary.
You can say blame... I will say credit. Push down field if that's a BM strength then teach him to take the check downs and short stuff. UT badly needed the kind of throws Maurer made.... they still do.

He has run a pretty high % of RPO's though.

Wish y'all luck coming up here tomorrow. One question I have is Brian Maurer good to go tomorrow? I have seen that he has taken most of the 1st team reps in practice but I heard that was the case last week too.

I am very nervous if he plays, seems the Vols play with more energy when he is in there

GBB
No Coach Stoops, we’re not giving you any inside scoop on who our QB will be, nice try though!
GBO!!

Reactions: volinsd and AM64
My favorite for this game would be to play Jennings at QB. It would be an interesting variation on a theme ... two teams playing against each other and both using receivers as QBs. Also since one of the worst Tennessee debacles against KY resulted from a receiver "turned" QB it would be fitting. The real story is that the particular KY WR turned QB was actually a QB turned WR earlier on ... which apparently most people either neglected or never bothered to figure out.
As long as Pruitt doesn’t trot out that Juan Jenkins guy, I’m good.
GBO!!

You can say blame... I will say credit. Push down field if that's a BM strength then teach him to take the check downs and short stuff. UT badly needed the kind of throws Maurer made.... they still do.

He has run a pretty high % of RPO's though.
Blame probably isn’t the right word but I was referring to BMs stat lines when I used the word. I personally like it. And I think I see what he’s doing. The more he throws this year, the more mistakes, weaknesses and strengths show up. Therefore more “teachable” moments for both sides. By attacking aggressively it doubles as an opportunity to win as well as a faster developmental process.

Wish y'all luck coming up here tomorrow. One question I have is Brian Maurer good to go tomorrow? I have seen that he has taken most of the 1st team reps in practice but I heard that was the case last week too.

I am very nervous if he plays, seems the Vols play with more energy when he is in there

GBB
I was born and raised in Kentucky, and converted to Tennessee. You can also, join the goid guys!

GBB

RIP Jared!
1573253936061.png

You did that wrong, it's GBO!!!!!!!!!! ;)
I didn't expect a warm welcome because hey it's Kentucky and Tennessee lol
We're a fairly friendly bunch minus the occasional a$$hat. With that said, occasionally opposing fans come here starting off polite and friendly and before the first page is done, they have turned into smack talking, venom spewing, VOL bashing, insufferable Richards calling us a bunch of "Homers". DUH, it is VolNation. LOL! You have carried yourself well, even after the go 2 hell. Welcome to VN!

Spent two years in Lexington while I was in grad school at UK. I always pull for the Cats except when they play the Vols.
I expect this to be a good game.

Reactions: AM64

GBB
Well after actually looking at my response I must apologize. Yeah that was very immature and inappropriate of me. That is a time when I should have thought before I hit send. Again my apologies

Well after actually looking at my response I must apologize. Yeah that was very immature and inappropriate of me. That is a time when I should have thought before I hit send. Again my apologies
I thought it was funny. I didn’t think actually want him to go to Hell.

GBB

You misspelled GBO.......👍

GBB

Jennings will start and play the entire game. It’s the culmination of a 7 year plan to get revenge for 2011.

I don’t think anyone really knows who will start at quarterback. My guess is you’ll see at least three different guys take snaps tomorrow.

VN Store

Back