Kentucky fan here

uksam21

Wish y'all luck coming up here tomorrow. One question I have is Brian Maurer good to go tomorrow? I have seen that he has taken most of the 1st team reps in practice but I heard that was the case last week too.

I am very nervous if he plays, seems the Vols play with more energy when he is in there

GBB

We don't really know who plays QB tomorrow. Either way I expect this to be a low scoring slug fest in the trenches (which is where this game will be won). KY OL is very good this year but our DL has been coming on. I feel this is our strength vs KY strength.
I hope it is a good hard fought game with ZERO injuries on either side.

Go Vols.

Wish y'all luck coming up here tomorrow. One question I have is Brian Maurer good to go tomorrow? I have seen that he has taken most of the 1st team reps in practice but I heard that was the case last week too.

I am very nervous if he plays, seems the Vols play with more energy when he is in there

GBB

It will be a game-time decision, therefore you might want to spend time preparing for all five of our quarterbacks.

Two questions for you:

1) Is Coach Stoops really going to Florida State?
2) Is an 'ENTUCKY CAN' some type of outhouse?
Entucky.jpg

41RCVw-UXnL._SX425_.jpg

GBB
Last week Maurer did not. Best case scenario for KY is Guarantano, with limited range and mobility, lined up at QB. This week Maurer did get a ton of reps in practice. What that means is totally uncertain at this point.

GBB
Tennessee will win over Kentucky no matter who is starting at quarterback because the running game is getting better and the defense is really coming into it's own

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64

GBB
Go 2 Hell

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
My guess is we would see some combination of Mauer and JG, not necessarily in that order.

Having said that, I could see us ekeing out a win without playing either of those two if we could judiciously match JJ and Shrout to the best down & distance situations.

GBB
Yeah, the team always plays better with him behind the center. You recognize what is obvious to most of us here.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
The ultimate compliment for Maurer. A fan from another team fears him more than the QB that beat them last year.

That's a huge sign of respect for the true freshman! Hopefully we see this fear spread rapidly over the next few weeks and into next season.

Go Vols

if anyone tells you what Pruitt is gonna do at QB tomorrow, they are lying. No one knows, and I dont even think Pruitt himself really knows

Maurer working with the 1s all week is probably a huge clue though that he starts. Now how long he plays before JG comes in depends on how well Maurer is seeing and understanding what the UK defense is doing. Or is injured.

My favorite for this game would be to play Jennings at QB. It would be an interesting variation on a theme ... two teams playing against each other and both using receivers as QBs. Also since one of the worst Tennessee debacles against KY resulted from a receiver "turned" QB it would be fitting. The real story is that the particular KY WR turned QB was actually a QB turned WR earlier on ... which apparently most people either neglected or never bothered to figure out.

GBB
But, But didn't you read JG stats?? I thought he gave us the best chance to win and puts fear in our opponents???? Dangit, i'm always wrong!

Reactions: RollerVol and AM64

VN Store

Back