Kentucky Basketball, one question/comment.

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Who will coach your teams next game in the tourney, TCHBBCUKL or the new head coach?
Good luck in the NIT.:)

Again....give gillispie time. He doesnt even have his players in the system yet. I still hate Kentucky. Should have never fired tubby. Screw the blue. GO BIG ORANGE

Gillespie ain't gonna cut it. I think he could be gone in a couple of days, know some UK b-ball supporters and they think he's out!!

I think Billy Clyde is a good coach, regardless of how I feel about him.

With that said, the UK boosters won't give him time.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

2 years is all you are going to give a coach for a program that was so in decline you felt the need to fire a 10+ year, National Championship winning coach?

Look, I think Billy Clyde is an excellent coach, but even his most ardent supporters would have to admit that dropping 5 of your last 6 and going from a borderline lock to a bubble team to NIT-bound is not going to sit well with the powers that be in Lexington. Remember, Buzz got "assurances" that he would be granted one more year, and we remember how that turned out...

Yeah its great living in Big Boo Hoo land right now....I am loving every minute of it. They keep reminding me that they beat us twice. I tell them....they better be thankful for that or they wouldn't have even got a invitation to the NIT.

my friend just sent me a text and he said heard a rumor that kentucky has offered billy donovan the job.

my friend just sent me a text and he said heard a rumor that kentucky has offered billy donovan the job.

Rumors are rampant.

1. Patterson and Meeks are "rumored" to be gone if Gillispie stays.

2. Several players are "rumored" to transfer at season's end. Liggins and Miller's name have been mentioned.

3. Coaches "rumored" to be on the short list.............. Pitino, Travis Ford, Pelphrey, Donovan, and Tom Izzo.

Of course, these are all "rumors" running wild in Cat country.

I think Gillispie comes back. He's supposed to have a sit down with Barnhart at season's end.

Rumors are rampant.

1. Patterson and Meeks are "rumored" to be gone if Gillispie stays.

2. Several players are "rumored" to transfer at season's end. Liggins and Miller's name have been mentioned.

3. Coaches "rumored" to be on the short list.............. Pitino, Travis Ford, Pelphrey, Donovan, and Tom Izzo.

Of course, these are all "rumors" running wild in Cat country.

I think Gillispie comes back. He's supposed to have a sit down with Barnhart at season's end.

If BCG were to be gone... Please please please hire Pelphrey....

I'm all for them hiring Ford. Seeing them in the NCAA cooler again would be nice.

I would be very happy with both of those hires...

Surely to God, Ford will not be on their shortlist? It would be an extremely comical hire. Especially considering I married into the big blue family...

I would be very happy with both of those hires...

Surely to God, Ford will not be on their shortlist? It would be an extremely comical hire. Especially considering I married into the big blue family...

There's only two reasons for the mention of Pelphrey and Ford.

1. They're both former players.

2. For some reason, UK fans seem to think only players from the state of KY "knows" what it means to be a Wildcat. Something about history, tradition, and pride. Ridiculous.

I'm sure Lofton and Houston have no idea what it means to be a Vol.

Surely to God, Ford will not be on their shortlist? It would be an extremely comical hire. Posted via VolNation Mobile

There's only two reasons for the mention of Pelphrey and Ford.

1. They're both former players.
2. For some reason, UK fans seem to think only players from the state of KY "knows" what it means to be a Wildcat. Something about history, tradition, and pride. Ridiculous.

Yeah, I know what you guys mean about Ford. The guy's only won everywhere he's coached. He learned from one of the best college coaches in the country in Rick Pitino. His resume is comical. Let's take a look:

While coaching Campbellsville University, he compiled a record of 67-31 and was the Mid South Conf Coach of the Year after finishing with a 28-3 record in 1998-99.

At Eastern Kentucky University, Ford rebuilt their basketball program from the ground up and won the 2005Ohio Valley Conference Championship on his way to leading the Colonels to the NCAA tournament.

He then went on to UMass where he coached the Minutemen to a 24-9 record in '06-'07. That was good enough for the fifth most wins in a season in school history and shared the Atlantic 10 Conference Championship with Xavier.

Now he's at Oklahoma State where he won 20 games in his first season as head coach.

Yep, that's a comical resume. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back