Kentucky Basketball Now 5-13

As a life-long Vol fan, I actually miss the days of being able to hate KY basketball. When I was a kid KY teams had a personality...Melvin Turpin, Sam Bowie, Travis Ford, etc...and it was fun to beat them occasionally. Nowadays I don't recognize a player from year to year on their roster.
You must be close to my age. I remember turpin and bowie. I gotta admit, Travis Ford was fun to watch, he could shoot.

Reactions: lostsheep
You must be close to my age. I remember turpin and bowie. I gotta admit, Travis Ford was fun to watch, he could shoot.

Especially his teammates' free throws. I am old school, too. First games were 1976-77 season, epic battles vs. The Vols. We were so happy to see Bernie, Ernie, and Coach Mears exit the stage.

Reactions: BUBear
Kentucky now 2-6 after beating MSU in Starkvegas last night. Perhaps a turning point. The fans had been all over Cal about playing Dontaie Allen, a Kentucky legend who could have gone anywhere but was riding the bench. Down by 9 points with 9 minutes to go Cal gets 2 technicals and gets tossed. Assistant Coach puts Dontaie in the game and the kid hits 7-11 from 3 point land, 23 points in all in a 2 overtime win. Crazy game. I have never seen the fans prove a coach wrong, but Cal's stubbornness proved him wrong last night.

Reactions: VolNExile
Kentucky now 2-6 after beating MSU in Starkvegas last night. Perhaps a turning point. The fans had been all over Cal about playing Dontaie Allen, a Kentucky legend who could have gone anywhere but was riding the bench. Down by 9 points with 9 minutes to go Cal gets 2 technicals and gets tossed. Assistant Coach puts Dontaie in the game and the kid hits 7-11 from 3 point land, 23 points in all in a 2 overtime win. Crazy game. I have never seen the fans prove a coach wrong, but Cal's stubbornness proved him wrong last night.
A freshman?

3-6. Vandy goes down after Mintz hits a game winning 3 from the corner.

4-6 after a solid beatdown of the Gators.
Although there is reason for optimism, I wouldn't hang my hat on beating Florida. The Cats have an upcoming schedule of #4 Texas, #17 Missouri and #10 Tennessee. Let's see how that goes before we get giddy. I will tip my hat to Cal if they can go 2-1 in that three game stretch.

Although there is reason for optimism, I wouldn't hang my hat on beating Florida. The Cats have an upcoming schedule of #4 Texas, #17 Missouri and #10 Tennessee. Let's see how that goes before we get giddy. I will tip my hat to Cal if they can go 2-1 in that three game stretch.
4-7. They aren't going to the NCAAT.

Reactions: Border Vol
Yeah, Travis Ford took another player's FTs twice against Vandy in 1994. Vandy probably deserved it to be honest. Pitino suspended 3 players against UT for it. UK dressed only 8 guys in that game, but won 77-73.

Pitino suspends three Kentucky players
All I know is Rex Chapman is a gigantic POS on Twitter...without me looking it up...what kind of career did Mr Tennessee Ron Mercer have after college?

All I know is Rex Chapman is a gigantic POS on Twitter...without me looking it up...what kind of career did Mr Tennessee Ron Mercer have after college?
He was a journeyman but played close to a decade in the league. He was drafted by the Celtics, and his college coach Rick Pitino. I believe that he made the all-nba rookie team. He was traded to Denver after just two year in Boston.

Reactions: VolnJC
He was a journeyman but played close to a decade in the league. He was drafted by the Celtics, and his college coach Rick Pitino. I believe that he made the all-nba rookie team. He was traded to Denver after just two year in Boston.
Thsnks, Guess there are worse things in life than spending a decade in the league even if it is as a reserve..wonder if the NBA has a good pension?

VN Store

Back