Kentucky Basketball Now 5-13

First time Kentucky was 1-5 since 1927. The coach then was All-American Basil Hayden.

1-5 makes fans want to guzzle Basil Hayden now.

I hope we win both regular games this year, especially in RUPP.
Wins in Lexington bring tears of joy to my eyes.
Cal's OAD scheme is catching up to him.
Miss on a couple of recruit evaluations and you end up with a team of freshmen.

I guess the piped in crowd noise yesterday didn't help.

I agree when you live by the OAD, die by the OAD.

A few missed evals, or recruiting misses, and the subtraction of slimy WWW then this is what can happen. Cal has always been able to add the broken record of being the youngest team in the country by philosophy.

That being said, we know Kentucky will improve and there is enough young talent for them to get it righted and make some noise.

First time Kentucky was 1-5 since 1927. The coach then was All-American Basil Hayden.

Think it will be 1-6 next weekend? Also give us your prediction for SEC play record please

You know I love to talk smack on you guys, cause we cousins😂, but man! What's going on? I've never seen them like this, is there some internal stuff, or just no chemistry?

Reactions: feathersax
Think it will be 1-6 next weekend? Also give us your prediction for SEC play record please

No, I think that we clobber Louisville, who is really bad. Cal will pull them together.

Best guess is 11-7, maybe 12-6 in SEC play.

No, I think that we clobber Louisville, who is really bad. Cal will pull them together.

Best guess is 11-7, maybe 12-6 in SEC play.

I think anything above .500 gets you in the NCAA tournament.

I consider "fine" to be making the tourney, and they're going to have to go on a tear to do that. The schedule doesn't get easier, and with Covid cancellations, they may have fewer chances to improve win %.
Does the SEC have a contingency plan in place for make up conférence games ? The BIG XII is taking a week off between the end of the regular season and the conference tourney. All postponed games will be played in Kansas City during that week.

Baylor and Texas have a game to make up but since Austin and Waco are only 90 minutes apart I'm guessing that game will be played sooner rather than later.

Reactions: VolnJC
Does the SEC have a contingency plan in place for make up conférence games ? The BIG XII is taking a week off between the end of the regular season and the conference tourney. All postponed games will be played in Kansas City during that week.

Baylor and Texas have a game to make up but since Austin and Waco are only 90 minutes apart I'm guessing that game will be played sooner rather than later.

Good question

As a life-long Vol fan, I actually miss the days of being able to hate KY basketball. When I was a kid KY teams had a personality...Melvin Turpin, Sam Bowie, Travis Ford, etc...and it was fun to beat them occasionally. Nowadays I don't recognize a player from year to year on their roster.

I consider "fine" to be making the tourney, and they're going to have to go on a tear to do that. The schedule doesn't get easier, and with Covid cancellations, they may have fewer chances to improve win %.
They usually run through the SEC so they better start winning now

VN Store

Back