KenPom now has Vols at #5

ThatVolGuy

Debonair Extraordinaire
I think we’ve moved up about 6 spots since Saturday. These SEC beatdowns have done wonders for our peripherals!

The stat-based ranking systems (KenPom, Torvik, Sagarin, etc.) don’t mean much to a lot of folks, but we are starting to put all of the pieces together for that elusive 1 seed.

Oh, and that one Kansas beat writer might bump us higher than #7 on his AP ballot. :cool:

I think we’ve moved up about 6 spots since Saturday. These SEC beatdowns have done wonders for our peripherals!

The stat-based ranking systems (KenPom, Torvik, Sagarin, etc.) don’t mean much to a lot of folks, but we are starting to put all of the pieces together for that elusive 1 seed.

Oh, and that one Kansas beat writer might bump us higher than #7 on his AP ballot. :cool:
All were in agreement on the ESPN pregame show that TN was the best team in the country right now. Put a beat down on Florida Saturday and we very well could have that #1 ranking next week.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Bump.

KenPom and Torvik have been updated with Tennessee at #4 as we took a pretty big jump after tonight's win. I think we'll move up in BPI and Sagarin when those are updated as well - might be top 4 (or close to it) across the board with the predictive rankings.

All of that to say, I'm betting our points total will go up when polls are released Monday. I'm betting every AP voter has us in the top 4, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get some more first place votes.

Bump.

KenPom and Torvik have been updated with Tennessee at #4 as we took a pretty big jump after tonight's win. I think we'll move up in BPI and Sagarin when those are updated as well - might be top 4 (or close to it) across the board with the predictive rankings.

All of that to say, I'm betting our points total will go up when polls are released Monday. I'm betting every AP voter has us in the top 4, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get some more first place votes.
There are some differences w how his intra-day rating calcs vs the overnight one because we dropped back down to 5. I’ve seen it happen frequently

Sagarins basketball ratings are not good. Last year there were issues too. Like his preseason ranking is still being weighted too heavily - even halfway through the season. UNC currently ranks over us. And his golden mean rating has us 8th.

There are some differences w how his intra-day rating calcs vs the overnight one because we dropped back down to 5. I’ve seen it happen frequently
Yep, I forgot about the Zags having a late game. We jumped them after our win, but they’re ahead (barely) after they beat SF. We keep inching closer to the top, though.

VN Store

Back