Kenny O'Neal info

anyone else think this is getting way off the topic of recruiting.. especially when this was started by asking if O'Neil was going to be returning kicks next year...

Really so why did he try and rescind his decision??

PLUS: COLLEGE FOOTBALL; Tennessee Receiver Wants to Stay - Free Preview - The New York Times

He got screwed by Washington, as did UT to be just completely honest.

He tried to rescind his decision before he realized he'd be the first WR selected and a top 15 pick. Honestly, if you asked him I bet he'd say leaving early was the best decision he ever made. Had Stallworth hung around, he would have fallen in the draft. Our best player the next year, 2002, was Jason Witten. He went in the third round, I believe. I doubt Stallworth would have been much higher. As for Kelley Washington, he probably wishes he'd gone out with Donte. Washington didn't make any decision for Donte. In fact, Stallworth could have come back, he just chose not to.

I think the best thing would be to take one of our fast wide receivers that isn't going to get much work in games THIS YEAR and have him focus almost exclusively on return duties. If one of Brent Vinson, Kenny O'Neal or Gerald Jones doesn't look like he will get much PT, let them focus on return duties and get back to more WR work after the the 2007 season.

If they are good enough to return kicks, then they should be good enough to catch a short pass and run 80 yards. A fast DB would be a better option because they don't come on the field immediately after the return. So I vote Berry to get return duties.

BTW the reason i picked Berry is because he is a N and S runner, and he doesn't dance around like all the terrible returners UT has had. The returns that go into TDs are get to the sideline and run straight up the field... Having said that, if O'neal runs N and S, scratch everything I just said.

VN Store

Back