Kenny Cooper-Lipscomb Transfer

Helton1

Kenny Cooper, Lipscomb’s starting PG over the last 2 years, has announced he is transferring. He’s a solid floor general. Surely he’s someone CRB reaches out to, right?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Kenny Cooper, Lipscomb’s starting PG over the last 2 years, has announced he is transferring. He’s a solid floor general. Surely he’s someone CRB reaches out to, right?
Is that the guy who stole an end bounds pass, made a 3, then on next possession, drove the floor to score and win the game in the NIT semifinals?

I'd rather have Cone, but Cooper may be someone to keep in mind if Bone stays in the draft.

Cooper isn't a great shooter (only has 64 makes from 3 in his career at 29.8%), but he can get to the basket and is a pretty good rebounder for a 6-ft kid. Also distributes the ball pretty well. We could do a lot worse. His past season's numbers are better than Bobby Maze, Melvin Goins, or Antonio Barton's senior numbers were. I'd take that level of play from a transfer PG who also plays pretty well defensively.

Want.

71 steals which is double anyone on our roster. 2:1 TO/ ratio in a style that allows for more mistakes than ours. I don't care if he's a scorer or not we have scorers.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I'd imagine he'd make a good backup plan for Cone. I'd take Cone just solely off the fact that he will be a freshman. His upside is probably higher than Cooper as well.

Man, you'd think Tn could do better than this.

What are you talking about? He was the starting PG on a team that was ranked much of the season. It’s not about the stats, it’s about how he plays the game and the fact that we don’t currently have a PG for next year. He plays the right way and can be the fascilitator we currently lack for next year.

What are you talking about? He was the starting PG on a team that was ranked much of the season. It’s not about the stats, it’s about how he plays the game and the fact that we don’t currently have a PG for next year. He plays the right way and can be the fascilitator we currently lack for next year.

Lipscomb was ranked most of the year?

Certainly not the scorer but could be a big piece of the puzzle much like the kid Texas Tech got from South Dakota. I really like the idea of this kid especially with the steals/defensive skills he would bring

VN Store

Back