Kennedy Chandler's future? [drafted No.38 to Memphis]

Interesting there’s a college senior in the top 10 going against the nba trend of discounting age.

There is typically one older prospect that is a lottery pick every year so that really isn’t out of the norm. However he is fairly young for a senior by today’s standards. Just turned 22. For reference Tyty Washington will turn 21 this year.

Reactions: pimo1
Speaking of Tyty, I’m not confident he’s going to live up to his projected draft rankings so watch him be rookie of the year

I'd love to know how many "1-and-dones" over the last 10 years are either starting or getting more than 15/20 minutes a game in the NBA. I'd bet the percentage is surprisingly low. I'm not a fan of t"one-and-done" trend; it makes a mockery of college generally and of college basketball, and it doesn't do a lot for the NBA, either, but I'm not sure what can be done about it. I just saw that there was a commission in 2018 that aimed to make changes to NBA eligibility, but I don't think anything came of it. Look at Keon Johnson and Springer: One year after they were one-and-dones, their NBA teams don't quite seem to know what to do with them. Springer spent most of this past season in the G league--and played fairly well in the G league, from what I read. Keon got some minutes in Portland, but not a lot. They're both quite young and raw, but it will be two more years before either of those guys is ready/good enough to make a significant contribution to an NBA team--and that's typical of most one-and-dones, no? NBA teams draft these guys based on their potential, but first-round picks should be ready to contribute now--not in three years. The 1-and-done doesn't work for the college/college program and it mostly doesn't work for the NBA.

I'd love to know how many "1-and-dones" over the last 10 years are either starting or getting more than 15/20 minutes a game in the NBA. I'd bet the percentage is surprisingly low. I'm not a fan of t"one-and-done" trend; it makes a mockery of college generally and of college basketball, and it doesn't do a lot for the NBA, either, but I'm not sure what can be done about it. I just saw that there was a commission in 2018 that aimed to make changes to NBA eligibility, but I don't think anything came of it. Look at Keon Johnson and Springer: One year after they were one-and-dones, their NBA teams don't quite seem to know what to do with them. Springer spent most of this past season in the G league--and played fairly well in the G league, from what I read. Keon got some minutes in Portland, but not a lot. They're both quite young and raw, but it will be two more years before either of those guys is ready/good enough to make a significant contribution to an NBA team--and that's typical of most one-and-dones, no? NBA teams draft these guys based on their potential, but first-round picks should be ready to contribute now--not in three years. The 1-and-done doesn't work for the college/college program and it mostly doesn't work for the NBA.
I don’t love the idea of allowing the ncaa to tell 18-19 years old they are not allowed to go to the nba that’s ridiculous

There has been some discussion on local Memphis radio that the Grizzlies might consider taking a PG, which could be either KC or TyTy. Grizzlies have two first round picks.

Tyus Jones is a free agent and will command more than his current $8 million per year. Plus, he sees himself as a starter. Not sure the Grizzlies are going tie up that position with a max deal for Ja and $10+ million for a backup.

Don’t know how much weight KC has put on but he is noticeably different in this video.

Definitely has improved that frame. Easier to do when out of season. In season I’d say 90%+ of basketball players slim down a bit. He looks good though, hope he has an excellent NBA career and makes A LOT of money.

No disagreement, here. I think the baseball rule is fine compromise that provides an element of structure and options for elite players.
Baseball has the perfect setup with the amount of minor league teams they have. There is an endless supply of talent. The NBA started the Development League in the early 2000s but didn’t really get serious about farm systems until the past 5+ years it seems. With the amount of players that play overseas, I’m shocked it took them this long to be committed to it.

VN Store

Back