Kelvin Taylor > Derrick Henry...and other bold NFL Draft predictions

I think he was the one who pooped his britches in a bowl game

So he needed a Paper_Towel?

I really don't remember the guy even with that. He must have been pretty sorry at UF. But to be fair, I don't remember any really good UF RBs in the last 20 years.

Offensive Players

1. Kelvin Taylor will be a better NFL back than Derrick Henry

- I fully expect Henry to be picked before Kelvin Taylor, but I'm here to say Taylor has the better NFL career. Henry lacks the initial acceleration and lateral agility to be a great NFL back. While Taylor reminds me of Frank Gore. He's got great initial burst and can cut on a dime. 2nd best RB in the draft after Ezekiel Elliott.

Top 3 RBs in the 2016 Draft

1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Kelvin Taylor
3. Jonathan Williams

2. Jared Goff will be a bust and Kevin Hogan will surprise

- I really don't get the infatuation over Jared Goff. He's got weak arm strength and slight build that won't withstand an NFL beating. He reminds me of another #1 pick with a weak arm and injury concerns that was drafted #1 by the Rams....Sam Bradford. He might not have Bradford's injury plagued career but expect the same bust.

- Kevin Hogan had a solid college career. Has good arm strength, decent mobility, and came up clutch often. I really have no idea why he isn't getting more buzz. In a weak QB class, he's one if the few guys I believe can be a future starter.

Top 3 QBs in the 2016 Draft

1. Carson Wentz - I actually buy the hype on him, he'll be a good starting QB in the league.
2. Kevin Hogan
3. Christian Hackenberg

3. Sterling Shepard is the best WR in this draft

- I've been on this kids bandwagon since he schooled us. He's Randall Cobb 2.0. One of the safest prospects in this draft. You know what he'll be. He'll be a dominant slot receiver that makes multiple pro bowls. Book it.

- This is such a weak WR class that after Shepard, it's anybody's guess who can play. I personally don't buy Treadwell, Doctson, and Coleman as elite WRs. I think all 3 are at best average NFL starters and most likely busts.

Wow, these predictions might have been nearly as bad as D4H's 2017 season predictions. (Think he had us going 15-0 or 14-1 and winning the national title).

Wish I could say "hindsight is 20/20" but a lot of these seem like outright bad predictions even based on 2016 knowledge. Kelvin Taylor being better than Derrick Henry? Yikes!

To be fair, a lot of people were high on Hackenberg, but I always thought he'd be a bust. He wasn't even a good college player. He's a great example of a guy who "checks all the boxes" on size, strength, throwing motion, etc, but who was never actually a good football player. His stats were mediocre in high school. His stats were mediocre in college. And then ... surprise, surprise ... he turned out to be mediocre in the NFL.

Hackenberg might have been precisely the Quarterback prospect who Mike Leach was critiquing when he gave his speech on 'bad quarterbacks that scouts love.' Leach's spiel was that QBs that were "inaccurate" stayed inaccurate. That scouts would always think they could fix the accuracy, but that accuracy is the toughest thing to coach in QBs. Hackenberg was never accurate at any level of football.

Offensive Players

- I fully expect Henry to be picked before Kelvin Taylor, but I'm here to say Taylor has the better NFL career. Henry lacks the initial acceleration and lateral agility to be a great NFL back. While Taylor reminds me of Frank Gore. He's got great initial burst and can cut on a dime. 2nd best RB in the draft after Ezekiel Elliott.

1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Kelvin Taylor
3. Jonathan Williams

- I really don't get the infatuation over Jared Goff. He's got weak arm strength and slight build that won't withstand an NFL beating. He reminds me of another #1 pick with a weak arm and injury concerns that was drafted #1 by the Rams....Sam Bradford. He might not have Bradford's injury plagued career but expect the same bust.

- Kevin Hogan had a solid college career. Has good arm strength, decent mobility, and came up clutch often. I really have no idea why he isn't getting more buzz. In a weak QB class, he's one if the few guys I believe can be a future starter.

1. Carson Wentz - I actually buy the hype on him, he'll be a good starting QB in the league.
2. Kevin Hogan
3. Christian Hackenberg

- I've been on this kids bandwagon since he schooled us. He's Randall Cobb 2.0. One of the safest prospects in this draft. You know what he'll be. He'll be a dominant slot receiver that makes multiple pro bowls. Book it.

- This is such a weak WR class that after Shepard, it's anybody's guess who can play. I personally don't buy Treadwell, Doctson, and Coleman as elite WRs. I think all 3 are at best average NFL starters and most likely busts.

He's halfway right about Goff and Wentz, totally wrong on Hogan, Taylor, and Williams. He did good with the WR conversation, except he didn't see Thomas coming..

It's been five years to the day since D4H first blessed us with his vast knowledge of football. He requested several years before his predictions could be judged, so today seems pretty fair.

The best blessings from D4H come to us when she is not posting. Trust me on this one.

It's been five years to the day since D4H first blessed us with his vast knowledge of football. He requested several years before his predictions could be judged, so today seems pretty fair.

So you don't believe Josh Dobbs and Brad Kaaya will be better NFL QBs than Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson? Granted, that prediction is only 4 years old so he has another year to get it right.

So big whiffs on Henry, Thomas, Hill, Bosa, Prescott, and little whiffs on Ramsey, Drake, Howard.

He said he didn't like any of the edge rushers. 4 of them have been pro bowlers.

So big whiffs on Henry, Thomas, Hill, Bosa, Prescott, and little whiffs on Ramsey, Drake, Howard.

He said he didn't like any of the edge rushers. 4 of them have been pro bowlers.

You should also include the guys he was high on in your list of whiffs.

Offensive Players

1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Kelvin Taylor
3. Jonathan Williams

2. Kevin Hogan
3. Christian Hackenberg

I will strikethrough everything not accurate

Henry will be best RB in this class, slightly ahead of Zeke. Taylor and Williams - OUCH

I wouldn't say Goff is a bust but he has underperformed. Dude went to a Super Bowl. He had issues his first year due to his QB coach, Chris Weinke. I'll be nice since I thought same thing about Goff at the time and not strike it.

Hulk Hogan had as good of a NFL career as Kevin

Yeah, Tyreek Hill and Michael Thomas have had good careers. Sheppard has been a solid NFL player but he's not Randall Cobb or dominant.

I will strikethrough everything not accurate

Henry will be best RB in this class, slightly ahead of Zeke. Taylor and Williams - OUCH

I wouldn't say Goff is a bust but he has underperformed. Dude went to a Super Bowl. He had issues his first year due to his QB coach, Chris Weinke. I'll be nice since I thought same thing about Goff at the end and not strike it.

Hulk Hogan had as good of a NFL career as Kevin

Yeah, Tyreek Hill and Michael Thomas have had good careers. Sheppard has been a solid NFL player but he's not Randall Cobb or dominant.

If saying Zeke is the #1 back is inaccurate, it's barely inaccurate. He's at least #2 by a mile and if his line + Dak hadn't exploded the last 2 years, we'd be looking at him completely differently. He has more rushing yards and receiving yards than Henry, and more total TD's.

If saying Zeke is the #1 back is inaccurate, it's barely inaccurate. He's at least #2 by a mile and if his line + Dak hadn't exploded the last 2 years, we'd be looking at him completely differently. He has more rushing yards and receiving yards than Henry, and more total TD's.

Fair point. Zeke walked into an incredible situation and he has done well. But when Dallas plops backups in, they do well too. Tony Pollard was the superior back there last year. Alfred Morris was the superior back in 2017 when he spelled Zeke due to suspension.

Henry had the benefit of playing behind Murray his first two years, but it also reduced his numbers. I don't think anyone would argue against Henry being the better of the two since they both became starters.

Fair point. Zeke walked into an incredible situation and he has done well. But when Dallas plops backups in, they do well too. Tony Pollard was the superior back there last year. Alfred Morris was the superior back in 2017 when he spelled Zeke due to suspension.

Nobody keys on Pollard or Morris. The D keys on Elliott, and it's kinda impossible to compare their stats. He has the better total numbers those years, by a large margin, and they have better ypc type stats.

Nobody keys on Pollard or Morris. The D keys on Elliott, and it's kinda impossible to compare their stats. He has the better total numbers those years, by a large margin, and they have better ypc type stats.

Agree Zeke has been good but he hasn't been the best player in this draft. He hasn't been the best player in the draft by his own team. That's why I struck through.

Henry had the benefit of playing behind Murray his first two years, but it also reduced his numbers. I don't think anyone would argue against Henry being the better of the two since they both became starters.

I'm definitely not doing that. I'm just saying it's a debate about their careers up to this point. Zeke had more wear and tear his first 3 years (1k+ touches vs. 540), so it's not surprising that Henry looks better right now, especially with Dallas's injury decimation.

Zeke's biggest problem is fumbles.

Last edited:
So you don't believe Josh Dobbs and Brad Kaaya will be better NFL QBs than Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson? Granted, that prediction is only 4 years old so he has another year to get it right.
I’ll say that I’m happy Dobbs just signed a 1 year deal with the Steelers again. He was a very good college football player who helped Butch keep his job longer than he otherwise would’ve IMO.

Me seeing Jared Goff over Kevin Hogan and Derek Henry is worse than Kelvin Taylor

C2A1B9D7-1804-4D2E-86C2-C285504FC842.jpeg

VN Store

Back