Kelvin Taylor > Derrick Henry...and other bold NFL Draft predictions

Really depends on where you live. It was opposite for us as in literally everyone who tried out was on the basketball team and baseball team, but they were very selective with football because of the size and success of our program, but I agree with your point that just because you played high school football, doesn't really mean you have a clue

Did you go to school in Alabama?

When I say a player reminds me of player X, I'm talking in terms of PLAYING STYLE. I'm rarely saying they will have the exact same success or impact. You should know this considering the fact I continually compare Dobbs to Randall Cunningham. Yet I always have Dobbs having more NFL success than Cunningham had.

I thought and still believe Kelvin Taylor can be a reliable productive starting RB in the NFL. He might even make a pro bowl or two. However, I don't believe he will be a borderline hall of famer (which is essentially what Frank Gore has become).

Then don't compare rookies to all pros unless you think they'll become all pros.

Three things that make a QB Bust:

1) Low Accuracy
2) Bad timing
3) Bad awareness

Most busts have 1 of the three and Dobbs has all three.

Reactions: 1 person
So you think there will be a whole new wing of Canton?

No. There have been many other drafts with 6+ hall of famers. Its not that rare.

This years draft will simply join the likes of 2011, 2010, 2007, and 1996 as the best drafts of the last 25-30 years.

When I say a player reminds me of player X, I'm talking in terms of PLAYING STYLE. I'm rarely saying they will have the exact same success or impact. You should know this considering the fact I continually compare Dobbs to Randall Cunningham. Yet I always have Dobbs having more NFL success than Cunningham had.

Fair enough. Though, of course, this ignores the fact that Kelvin Taylor's skill-set is not terribly similar to Gore's. But fair enough.

And just because I said Kelvin had one exceptional ability doesn't mean I thought he would be an exceptional RB.

You also said that he is "amazing at creating for himself." That, alone, makes for a pretty exceptional RB.

I just thought he would be a real good value given where he was projected in the draft.

You said he was going to be the second-best back in the 2016 draft.

Last edited:
That's because we are dealing with an all-time great draft class. The 2017 NFL Draft will go down as one of the best in NFL history. It should produce as many individual pro bowlers as any draft in history.

This class doesn't have a ton hall of famers. What it does have is incredible depth. There should be a ton of reliable starters and pro bowlers from this class.

Don't have a problem with this, I very much disagree, but it's not the craziest thing you have ever said.

No. There have been many other drafts with 6+ hall of famers. Its not that rare.

This years draft will simply join the likes of 2011, 2010, 2007, and 1996 as the best drafts of the last 25-30 years.
1989, 1993, and 1996 are the 3 best drafts in the last 25-30 years. The simple lack of decent QB in this draft alone puts this class below those alone IMO.

You also said that he is "amazing at creating for himself." That, alone, makes for a pretty exceptional RB.

Yes. But he's also small, doesn't have breakaway speed, doesn't have great power to break tackles, or a dynamic receiver out of the backfield. I liked him in comparison to the other backs in the 2016 draft not named Ezekiel Elliott but that didn't make him special IMO.

You said he was going to be the second-best back in the 2016 draft.

True. But that was also a weak RB class. If Kelvin was in the 2017 RB class, he wouldn't have been in my top 8. You guys need to realize drafts vary greatly in strength at different positions.

Yes. But he's also small, doesn't have breakaway speed, doesn't have great power to break tackles, or a dynamic receiver out of the backfield. I liked him in comparison to the other backs in the 2016 draft not named Ezekiel Elliott but that didn't make him special IMO.

True. But that was also a weak RB class. If Kelvin was in the 2017 RB class, he wouldn't have been in my top 8. You guys need to realize drafts vary greatly in strength at different positions.
Everyone, for the most part, does. Perhaps you could start coming from a place that you don't think everyone is stupid other than you.

Reactions: 2 people

You used adjectives like "exceptional" and "amazing." That's not about comparing him to Frank Gore or to any other back in any other draft. That's you describing Taylor's game in relation to no one but Taylor. You glowingly described him in those ways, and now you are crawfishing because the guy you jerked off can't make a roster.

1989, 1993, and 1996 are the 3 best drafts in the last 25-30 years. The simple lack of decent QB in this draft alone puts this class below those alone IMO.

1989 and 1993 don't hold a candle to 2007, 2010, and 2011. Many of those guys haven't finished their careers yet which is why people aren't going gaga over them. But those drafts are ridiculously loaded. Way more depth than 1989 and 1993. And just as many if not more Hall of Famers.

Just look up the names in the 2007 NFL Draft.

Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Adrian Peterson
Marshawn Lynch
Patrick Willis
Darrelle Revis
Greg Olsen
Marshal Yanda

This class has 6 locks for the Hall of Fame. Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, Darrelle Revis, and Marshal Yanda are easy locks. Most of them are among the best ever at their position. Marshawn Lynch is a borderline hall of famer. If he comes back looking like the old beast mode and wins another super bowl with the Raiders he will probably become a lock as well. And finally, Greg Olsen might find himself in the hall as well. He's been putting up numbers at the tight position we haven't seen before. 3 straight 1000-yard seasons. Wouldn't shock me if this draft class ultimately produces 8 Hall of Famers. That would be twice as many as 1989.

Last edited:
My mom used to teach at Lee here in Montgomery, they used to run **** back then. She was an LD teacher so she taught or tutored a lot of the players lol.

Yeah, Lee was really good back then. Big guys who could flat out move. They beat us in 92 in the second round of the playoffs and I don't think I was ever hit as hard as I was in that game. Played against Jay Barker in the first round (He was at Hewett Trussville).

Yeah, Lee was really good back then. Big guys who could flat out move. They beat us in 92 in the second round of the playoffs and I don't think I was ever hit as hard as I was in that game. Played against Jay Barker in the first round (He was at Hewett Trussville).

Which year did you play against HTHS?

I was at whatever game it was when you played them then, we had Fred Beasley (went to Auburn and 49ers, almost came to Tennessee) and Trevis Smith (went to Alabama and CFL), and Tyrone Rogers (Alabama State and Cleveland Browns).

There are certain details that will be missed if somebody has never played the game at all. This mainly is with defensive and offensive linemen.

hand placement, first step, leverage etc? I disagree that it will be missed and say it might take longer to understand it for the hoi poi but it definitely doesn't preclude the possibility of knowledge or understanding.

hand placement, first step, leverage etc? I disagree that it will be missed and say it might take longer to understand it for the hoi poi but it definitely doesn't preclude the possibility of knowledge or understanding.

The best example is D4H, it's obvious that he doesn't know the finer details of football. Bamawriter is right about how if you talk to people who know, that you'll end up learning.

The best example is D4H, it's obvious that he doesn't know the finer details of football. Bamawriter is right about how if you talk to people who know, that you'll end up learning.

and its just high school. how many actually learned about these things? How does being a HS CB make you better at understanding what a OL/DL does when it comes to technique?

and please don't think everyone who didn't play HS football has D4H football knowledge. that's insulting. most of us are just reasonable enough to not spout things off. I would love to see HS QB Joe Blows draft predictions that didn't start with an experts and compare them to D4H. I am sure we find just as many crazy selections there.

Now that D4H has blessed us with his NBA draft preview, I thought it would be helpful to update his NFL predictions.

All 32 NFL teams have completed their mandatory minicamps, thus completing their OTAs. Kelvin Taylor did not participate in any of them.

Reactions: 5 people
Now that D4H has blessed us with his NBA draft preview, I thought it would be helpful to update his NFL predictions.

All 32 NFL teams have completed their mandatory minicamps, thus completing their OTAs. Kelvin Taylor did not participate in any of them.

He is just a late bloomer. Lol

VN Store

Back