Kelvin Taylor > Derrick Henry...and other bold NFL Draft predictions

Dobbs 4 Heisman

Offensive Players

1. Kelvin Taylor will be a better NFL back than Derrick Henry

- I fully expect Henry to be picked before Kelvin Taylor, but I'm here to say Taylor has the better NFL career. Henry lacks the initial acceleration and lateral agility to be a great NFL back. While Taylor reminds me of Frank Gore. He's got great initial burst and can cut on a dime. 2nd best RB in the draft after Ezekiel Elliott.

Top 3 RBs in the 2016 Draft

1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Kelvin Taylor
3. Jonathan Williams

2. Jared Goff will be a bust and Kevin Hogan will surprise

- I really don't get the infatuation over Jared Goff. He's got weak arm strength and slight build that won't withstand an NFL beating. He reminds me of another #1 pick with a weak arm and injury concerns that was drafted #1 by the Rams....Sam Bradford. He might not have Bradford's injury plagued career but expect the same bust.

- Kevin Hogan had a solid college career. Has good arm strength, decent mobility, and came up clutch often. I really have no idea why he isn't getting more buzz. In a weak QB class, he's one if the few guys I believe can be a future starter.

Top 3 QBs in the 2016 Draft

1. Carson Wentz - I actually buy the hype on him, he'll be a good starting QB in the league.
2. Kevin Hogan
3. Christian Hackenberg

3. Sterling Shepard is the best WR in this draft

- I've been on this kids bandwagon since he schooled us. He's Randall Cobb 2.0. One of the safest prospects in this draft. You know what he'll be. He'll be a dominant slot receiver that makes multiple pro bowls. Book it.

- This is such a weak WR class that after Shepard, it's anybody's guess who can play. I personally don't buy Treadwell, Doctson, and Coleman as elite WRs. I think all 3 are at best average NFL starters and most likely busts.

Reactions: 1 person
Defensive Players

1. Myles Jack will be the best player from this class

- I'm also high on Ezekiel Elliott. I go back n forth each day on who is better. Today I'm feeling Jack. This kid has it all. Size, speed, athleticism, and instincts. He's the total package at the Will linebacker position. Don't believe the smokescreen about his knee. He's the #1 player on most teams boards and they desperately want him to fall.

Top 3 LBs in the 2016 Draft

1. Myles Jack
2. Jaylon Smith - if he ever gets back to 100%
3. Darron Lee

2. Karl Joseph and Keanu Neal will make more pro bowls than Jalen Ramsey and Vernon Hargraeves

- Karl Joseph is the best DB in this class and I don't think it's even close. He'll be a pro bowl safety immediately. Keanu Neal will also have a long and successful career.

- Jalen Ramsey and Vernon Hargraeves for all the hype are actually not that great of prospects. They both have glaring weaknesses. Ramsey while incredibly athletic lacks the insticts of an elite DB and also has subpar lateral agility for a CB. I believe he has a career similar to Antonio Cromartie. He'll be a solid 10 year starter. He'll make a pro bowl or two. But he won't be an elite Darrelle Revis type corner.

- Vernon Hargaeves lacks ideal size or speed but has incredible hips and lateral agility. I believe he has a career similar to Brent Grimes. He'll start for a long time. Make a pro bowl or two. But he won't be the elite shut down corner he's been billed up to be.

Top 3 DBs in the 2016 Draft

1. Karl Joseph
2. Keanu Neal
3. Jalen Ramsey

3. All the top edge rushers in this draft will be BUSTS

- Whether it's Joey Bosa or Shaq Lawson or Leonard Floyd, none of these guys projected to go high in the first round will be stars. They'll all be busts given their projected draft position. This draft is severely lacking elite pass rushers.

Last edited:
Weird you keep saying he lacks initial acceleration when sports science has Henry's initial burst better than Elliot's and better than everyone they've tested in this years draft

Reactions: 8 people
Weird you keep saying he lacks initial acceleration when sports science has Henry's initial burst better than Elliot's and better than everyone they've tested in this years draft

Yeah that's not my problem with Henry at all.
My problem is that his weight distribution is wrong-- too top heavy-- and that he plays like a 240pound scat back. I think he will be a below average pro that will never be a true starter unless he can get on a team that opens up huge lanes for him to run straight through with his incredible speed.

I was going to say the exact same thing. His acceleration is outstanding according to sports science.

His acceleration sucks when he makes cuts. Thats the big difference. Guys like Elliott and Kelvin Taylor can make 2 or 3 cuts and still out their foot in the ground and explode through the hole.

Henry is a one cut runner. If all he has to do is run straight, he's pretty fast. But just look at Demarco Murray. He looked all world for Dallas when he played with a great o-line that gave him huge holes. Then he went to Philly behind an average o-line ave became terrible.

Henry will be the same. If he goes to Dallas he'll have a little success. But on almost every other team he's a huge bust.

His acceleration sucks when he makes cuts. Thats the big difference. Guys like Elliott and Kelvin Taylor can make 2 or 3 cuts and still out their foot in the ground and explode through the hole.

Henry is a one cut runner. If all he has to do is run straight, he's pretty fast. But just look at Demarco Murray. He looked all world for Dallas when he played with a great o-line that gave him huge holes. Then he went to Philly behind an average o-line ave became terrible.

Henry will be the same. If he goes to Dallas he'll have a little success. But on almost every other team he's a huge bust.

I don't think it's quite fair to compare his situation in Dallas to the Chip Kelly situation in Philly. There's nothing wrong with being a downhill runner. If Harbaugh were still in the NFL Henry would be perfect for his system. I do think Elliott will be the best back though.

That's not the reason he didn't have success in Philly.

The tests and all the empirical evidence may say one thing.....but D4H's incredible film-watching eye says something quite different.

No one except for Chip Kelly expected him to have the same success that he had with Dallas, but he was awful mainly because of run scheme, not the line.

Truth. He also got less than half the carries last year in Philly as the year before in Dallas. Scheme didn't fit him AND he was a bit of an afterthought in that offense....bad combination, hence, one and done. Unfortunately for him, he's about to have to make chicken salad out of chicken ish behind the Titans' bad OL.

Truth. He also got less than half the carries last year in Philly as the year before in Dallas. Scheme didn't fit him AND he was a bit of an afterthought in that offense....bad combination, hence, one and done. Unfortunately for him, he's about to have to make chicken salad out of chicken ish behind the Titans' bad OL.

He split carries with two other featured running backs in Philly..:....:::he'll get a ton of carries with the Titans

They tested his cutting ability and while he was behind Elliot he was still top five in RB's this year so again you still don't know what you are talking about.

Reactions: 2 people
No one except for Chip Kelly expected him to have the same success that he had with Dallas, but he was awful mainly because of run scheme, not the line.

You're FOS. Not like you are a Philly fan or anything

Kelvin Taylor is not on the same level as Henry. Not even 5 levels below him. Taylor was super mediocre at UF

Last edited:

VN Store

Back