kelly post game on tess darby tess is a shooter

tess darby sec stats as of south caroline game. fg atts 53 fg made 23 .434% three pointers att 46 made 21 threes 457% . one thing for sure tess prove she can made threes in sec games.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
some say tess does not score as much as the go to players. one thing all others could learn from darby pass the ball if your not open. not force shots in defeners face when little hope of going in.

darby will be better when all american pissiott gets here. teams will have puckett , pissott , darby to watch out for. at same time. with horston driving to basket and key near basket tenn will be hand to guard. miles, wynn, stripline should see more time next year as well. lets not forget suarez from spain we have her four more years if she wants them. edia going to get time as wanted walked on.

mudcat, one other way to look at it would be to ask yourself which of those players (Darby, Puckett, Striplin, Miles and Wynn would likely be a starter for most of the decent SEC teams next season? Probably none of them, though of course they all would have a chance to be valuable role players IMO. So that leaves Key and Horston as the two players that would start on almost any team, i.e. big time players. Nobody knows how Pissott will look as a freshman, probably real good but its not certain. Maybe Rae comes back, if so that would be huge for UT but there are still holes to fill in the starting lineup and bench for next season. Have to wait and see what develops.

Btw, here is the 2022 AA list:

High school basketball: 2022 Girls McDonald's All American Game rosters announced - MaxPreps

Last edited:
mudcat, one other way to look at it would be to ask yourself which of those players (Darby, Puckett, Striplin, Miles and Wynn would likely be a starter for most of the decent SEC teams next season? Probably none of them, though of course they all would have a chance to be valuable role players IMO. So that leaves Key and Horston as the two players that would start on almost any team, i.e. big time players. Nobody knows how Pissott will look as a freshman, probably real good but its not certain. Maybe Rae comes back, if so that would be huge for UT but there are still holes to fill in the starting lineup and bench for next season. Have to wait and see what develops.

High school basketball: 2022 Girls McDonald's All American Game rosters announced - MaxPreps
sara puckett sec offers florida, arkansas,old miss, georgia,mississippi state,vanderbitt,alabama,auburn,kentucky , texas coming soon to sec. plus 30 other offers oregon one of biggest non sec offers. so lot of other coaches wanted sara. i see sara having a big softmore year.

tess has work to do getting her own shot off. but she proved shhe can make threes if she opened in sec games. as far as her defence darby not getting beat to the basket like tess was in a few games early this year. and she got better on not losing her man on pick plays. she low on turnovers. she has rebound better as this season went on. plus tess is making few shots in the paint.

darby had real good night passing . more times than not tess fed the post then they miss it. when darby was in game she played real good defence. tenn played good when tess was in the game. tess needs work on getting her own shot off. she had no turnovers or very few..

darby had real good night passing . more times than not tess fed the post then they miss it. when darby was in game she played real good defence. tenn played good when tess was in the game. tess needs work on getting her own shot off. she had no turnovers or very few..

She wasn't good on defense tonight, Mudcat.

I believe Puckett,Mike's and the new and improved Wynn would

Yeah she got blown by a few times easily
l did not seee tess get blow by easy . not one time. but i saw leave her man to help on anthor player who man pass the ball two that balmont girl score that was not tess man. in tenn man to man defence i did not see tess get beat one on one to the basket i saw tess give a three but they were others who did to. point being one on one defence i did not see tess get blow by . not saying it did not happen but i watch game i did not see it.

I wonder if Tess would have pull the trigger on the shot seeing that the defender on Puckett closed quickly and had a hand in her face
big basket by sara. sara score more than tess. but take away tess three tenn losses. tess had zero turnovers she drive to the basket and pass to rae dribble once and shots and scores. there's more to basketball than stats .if pass to player they dribble once they score its still as good of a pass on a ast. tess did not light up the scoreboard nor did she pad tenn turnovers since she did not have one. tess would do better if tenn played like they did in first game of sec turnment. one on one basketball does not always beat team ball ask baylor why south dakota made sweet sixteen.

No sir or no ma'm Tess plays the wing which is a point producing position just like we expect points from the other wing position and at that position you got to be multidimensional I'm not gonna knock the lil things but she needs to do some big things more often and that's getting baskets.That 3 pointer doesn't mean we lose cause you don't know how it would have played out. we won cause CKH had Puckett in at the time Belmont was scoring good in both the 3rd and 4th quarters and we needed points Darby wouldn't have gotten those points cause she just sits at the 3pt line while Puckett puts pressure on the defense in all areas of the court one play she backed a defender down basket one play she shot an elbow jumper basket one play she drove to the basket one play she shot from the key basket and THEE PLAY you know what it was and she had 4 assist so I get it we all pull for Tess but still she needs to work this off-season and bring more to the table this upcoming season cause that's gonna be good for her and OUR team. Bottom line for me we need points from that position as well as the lil things not just the lil things with no points that's losing basketball

No sir or no ma'm Tess plays the wing which is a point producing position just like we expect points from the other wing position and at that position you got to be multidimensional I'm not gonna knock the lil things but she needs to do some big things more often and that's getting baskets.That 3 pointer doesn't mean we lose cause you don't know how it would have played out. we won cause CKH had Puckett in at the time Belmont was scoring good in both the 3rd and 4th quarters and we needed points Darby wouldn't have gotten those points cause she just sits at the 3pt line while Puckett puts pressure on the defense in all areas of the court one play she backed a defender down basket one play she shot an elbow jumper basket one play she drove to the basket one play she shot from the key basket and THEE PLAY you know what it was and she had 4 assist so I get it we all pull for Tess but still she needs to work this off-season and bring more to the table this upcoming season cause that's gonna be good for her and OUR team. Bottom line for me we need points from that position as well as the lil things not just the lil things with no points that's losing basketball
i said sara score more than tess . tess handed basketball zero turnovers. she had lots of passes to tenn scorer who dribble once and score. tenn had 16 pts off belmonts turnovers belmot had 9 points off of tenn 9 turnovers . low turnovers helped tenn win. i did not say tess had a big night scoring. just giving her passing and no turnovers credit. and she was in the game when tenn made their double point lead. evening if they tess is not scoring her man stays close opens up the paint. tess needs work on one on one basketball but her passing is good now.

I think Tess plays ball like she has just one job. If she's not on fire, her game thar moment is over. She needs to wok on other things.

Reactions: Hbg
she does need to get better
i think tess passing and no turnovers help more than her one basket.

I think Tess plays ball like she has just one job. If she's not on fire, her game thar moment is over. She needs to wok on other things.
true but to get to banner #9 time tenn will have played more like sec turnment first game. ex geogia bulldog coach said best tenn share the ball all year. on one play tess drive to the basket got cut off hit rae. rae scored tess has cut her walking on dribble drives. but now she needs to find a good 2 point shot. but tess has improved alot from people saying she can not guard in sec games or make threes in sec games. kellie said tess was limited in pracitce last year lower leg injury so this tess freshmen year. she would played some more last year if not injury. tess said i get last year back. her playing 15 mins or 20 to 25 depens on her and who tenn adds

I can’t think of one thing tess did good last night, I see her as a liability. She gives up more points than she gets, and that isn’t much. Not only is she poor defensively but she doesn’t rebound either. She is so slow!!!!

I can’t think of one thing tess did good last night, I see her as a liability. She gives up more points than she gets, and that isn’t much. Not only is she poor defensively but she doesn’t rebound either. She is so slow!!!!

She has one job, to shoot. When she isn't doing that well, she adds nothing and it's a 5 on 4 game...

Reactions: Hbg

VN Store

Back