Kellie Jolly Harper is coming home

I’m not convinced and I’m not despondent. Ball’s in her court. She’s our coach.

Take the fact that she played for UT out of it and it's a terrible hire. NC state was too big for her, how do you think she'll end up here?
The only reason that Fulmer can sell this hire to the fan base is her status as a former player during the Summitt glory years of the late 90's. She was the point guard on the undefeated team and scored 20 points in the '98 National Championship Game. She also had a prominent role in the HBO documentary on the '97 season. I understand and respect all of the sentimentality that comes with hiring her... and yet, she is an average coach who has gotten average results.

Reactions: Advol
If she has the grit that Pat had, I feel good about his hire. I'm certainly not going to critique before shes even coached one game. Has PF made a poor choice so far? I don't know how KJH will perform, but I have gained a little trust in PF since he has somewhat proven he is going to do what it takes to restore all of Tennessee's Athletic Programs to great success.

And for all you naysayers,here is a little food for thought. Kellie grew up in Sparta,Tennessee,the daughter of a successful high school coach. I'm sure that during that time,she absorbed many points in coaching,and I would bet that she took to it more so than some one who sat at Pat Summitt's side for thirty years.
During her playing career,she recovered from knee surgery in three months,and led a ten loss Lady Vol team to a national championship. Two years later,she suffered a sprained ankle in the national semi finals and spent something like 36 hours in the training room with Jenny Moshak to rehab the ankle so she could play in the championship game. And play she did.
There may have been tougher players as Lady Vols,but I don't remember one. That is something that has almost disappeared from this Lady Vol team. Instilling toughness to this team,along with some heart and confidence will help the entire team chemistry. If she can get the current Lady Vols and recruits to play with a semblance of her passion,this could become a very good team. No more nonchalance,but play always with heart and purpose.
Go Lady Vols!!
Gordon was the first tough lady who helped Pat win the first championship. Was she about to lose her job? Has she not paid her due?

d0bc7098c1078872dc4887865f01c997.jpg
Look at that... even Pat was wearing Smokey gray before Butch 😜

Reactions: creekdipper
And for all you naysayers,here is a little food for thought. Kellie grew up in Sparta,Tennessee,the daughter of a successful high school coach. I'm sure that during that time,she absorbed many points in coaching,and I would bet that she took to it more so than some one who sat at Pat Summitt's side for thirty years.
During her playing career,she recovered from knee surgery in three months,and led a ten loss Lady Vol team to a national championship. Two years later,she suffered a sprained ankle in the national semi finals and spent something like 36 hours in the training room with Jenny Moshak to rehab the ankle so she could play in the championship game. And play she did.
There may have been tougher players as Lady Vols,but I don't remember one. That is something that has almost disappeared from this Lady Vol team. Instilling toughness to this team,along with some heart and confidence will help the entire team chemistry. If she can get the current Lady Vols and recruits to play with a semblance of her passion,this could become a very good team. No more nonchalance,but play always with heart and purpose.
Go Lady Vols!!
Only wish her the best! Finally, I think we can be optimistic for a change. I hope she does well.

Reactions: lvocd

VN Store

Back