Kellie Jolly Harper is coming home

Benionsopinion

And for all you naysayers,here is a little food for thought. Kellie grew up in Sparta,Tennessee,the daughter of a successful high school coach. I'm sure that during that time,she absorbed many points in coaching,and I would bet that she took to it more so than some one who sat at Pat Summitt's side for thirty years.
During her playing career,she recovered from knee surgery in three months,and led a ten loss Lady Vol team to a national championship. Two years later,she suffered a sprained ankle in the national semi finals and spent something like 36 hours in the training room with Jenny Moshak to rehab the ankle so she could play in the championship game. And play she did.
There may have been tougher players as Lady Vols,but I don't remember one. That is something that has almost disappeared from this Lady Vol team. Instilling toughness to this team,along with some heart and confidence will help the entire team chemistry. If she can get the current Lady Vols and recruits to play with a semblance of her passion,this could become a very good team. No more nonchalance,but play always with heart and purpose.
Go Lady Vols!!

d0bc7098c1078872dc4887865f01c997.jpg

Folks this is what had to happen .. In order to keep the money coming in CPF had to spend alot of Football and Basketball .. money ran dry and so we did not have the money to hire away a top 10 coach ......

And for the record I think KJH has done a great job with much less talent. She paid here dues and learned from them. Not like some coach from around here who could get all the talent in the world but not coach them.
And remember LV basketball loses money. For those who what see the AD burn over the money spent on the 2 basketball coach's remember what the SEC commissioner told schools about were and how to spend money from the Tv contracts if they wanted to keep getting them.

Tennessee just hired the Kay Yow Women's Basketball coach of the year, anyone see the irony in that phrase? The coach of the year is named after the former coach at NC State, where KJH was coach and fired from the position. Let's not rush to a quick judgement on her. It seems she learned after the NC State gig.

We will send Holly to Missouri since it is the "show me state". Maybe they can show her how to be a Head Coach. Kelly will do just fine with proper support from fans, UT and media. No negativity needed! This is my opinion, feel free to make it your own.
I’m in St. Louis and I’d take Holly over KJH any day

Reactions: volnut1

VN Store

Back