Kellie Harper officially announced as Lady Vols BB Coach...

Call me crazy but she reminds me of Pat and her work ethic. I grew up watching her play and can remember her diving for any ball on the floor, she was relentless. I think if she can pass this on to the players she can build this up sooner rather than later.
KJH deserves a fair chance and 100% support from LV fans.
please remember, when she was a young player, Pat Summitt trusted her to run her offense
and be a coach on the floor as the point guard and that trust was rewarded with 2 national
championships. let's trust her too.

I wasn't defending Warlick, I was just stating that Harper is no better. JMO
Fact is none of us know.....

Huge difference in programs MSU and Tennessee, plus a better talent draw.....

If she has the leadership, player development and coaching skills on this stage it will not be a problem.

Granted She has never been at this level as a coach but has as a player so who knows.

She did run Pat's offense effectively and is a winner. I would take any of the teams she played on for Pat over any teams Holly coached the past 5 years.

Cautiously Optimistic......

Georgia Tech hit a home run hiring Nell Fortner as their new head women's basketball coach
Nell-Fortner.jpg

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

Thanks for posting that, JohnnyD. I saw that on the MOState board and thought the same as SmallVol: Classy move.

In case others don't open the tweet, here's what the MOSt athletic director had to say:

"I am thankful to Kellie for restoring the pride back to Lady Bears basketball," Moats added. "She not only was successful on the court, but recruited high quality players and high character student-athletes. She displayed class in everything she did. Her teams loved her and I know our fans did as well. I am forever grateful we were able to work together, and wish her nothing but the best as she embarks on her 'dream job' to restore the greatness at Tennessee. We are better off for having Coach Kellie for the past six years."

KJH deserves a fair chance and 100% support from LV fans.
please remember, when she was a young player, Pat Summitt trusted her to run her offense
and be a coach on the floor as the point guard and that trust was rewarded with 2 national
championships. let's trust her too.

I watched her play 3x each in two different SEC tourneys at UTC
she was an Alexa, with excellent BH skills.
That is something we are in bad need of, a BH-oriented coach
KJ valued the ball.

Fact is none of us know.....

Huge difference in programs MSU and Tennessee, plus a better talent draw.....

If she has the leadership, player development and coaching skills on this stage it will not be a problem.

Granted She has never been at this level as a coach but has as a player so who knows.

She did run Pat's offense effectively and is a winner. I would take any of the teams she played on for Pat over any teams Holly coached the past 5 years.

Cautiously Optimistic......

Yes she has
every elimination game she ever coached in was just like this one,,,at that time!
She's going to be a good coach for UT.
I know I will encourage her and try to help in any way she will accept it.
If not, I will do game threads until you guys chase me away.

I watched her play 3x each in two different SEC tourneys at UTC
she was an Alexa, with excellent BH skills.
That is something we are in bad need of, a BH-oriented coach
KJ valued the ball.

Yes she has
every elimination game she ever coached in was just like this one,,,at that time!
She's going to be a good coach for UT.
I know I will encourage her and try to help in any way she will accept it.
If not, I will do game threads until you guys chase me away.

As a player, KJ had a lot more grit and was a lot more clutch than Alexa.

VN Store

Back