Kayla McPherson or Brooklynn Miles

I can see both sides of that argument. Certainly, comparing relative merits of players has always been a mainstay of any sports forum (especially discussing lineps, starters, etc. or comparing players on different teams). At the same time, we don't need to be denigrating any recruit..not that I think anyone has in this case. When all is said and done, it will be up to the recruits themselves to decide which program fits them best and to the coaching staff to find and attract talented players who will be assets to the program.

Maybe it it weren't a separate thread pitting those two choices against one another, it wouldn't seem so adversarial. It doesn't help when one player has a significant ranking edge, although both players obviously are aware of their scout rankings. Also, we have to remember that there are other talented, uncommitted players out there who might also be under consideration.

Anyway, I agree that we ought to be respectful toward all the athletes when discussing them, even if nothing said here ever reaches their ears or matters to them if it does. Ir's just the right thing to do.

(Climbing down off my soapbox now inside my ultra-conspicuous glass house).

I can see both sides of that argument. Certainly, comparing relative merits of players has always been a mainstay of any sports forum (especially discussing lineps, starters, etc. or comparing players on different teams). At the same time, we don't need to be denigrating any recruit..not that I think anyone has in this case. When all is said and done, it will be up to the recruits themselves to decide which program fits them best and to the coaching staff to find and attract talented players who will be assets to the program.

Maybe it it weren't a separate thread pitting those two choices against one another, it wouldn't seem so adversarial. It doesn't help when one player has a significant ranking edge, although both players obviously are aware of their scout rankings. Also, we have to remember that there are other talented, uncommitted players out there who might also be under consideration.

Anyway, I agree that we ought to be respectful toward all the athletes when discussing them, even if nothing said here ever reaches their ears or matters to them if it does. Ir's just the right thing to do.

(Climbing down off my soapbox now inside my ultra-conspicuous glass house).

This thread was never meant to be adversarial. It was meant to spur discussion among LV fans.

This thread was never meant to be adversarial. It was meant to spur discussion among LV fans.

Sorry, Rickster. I was afraid my comment would come out wrong (as it did). Poor choice of words and certainly not aimed at you.

What I meant to say is that some might perceive it to be leading to praising one while disparaging another or saying we didn't want one or the other. I took the intent the way you said--topic of discussion. I think most would be happy with either or any other point guard the staff has confidence in.

I also am reminded that you said "better fit for Kellie's system," not "better athlete." Sometimes athletes with superior skills don't mesh well with the team concept, and the team suffers as a result. Apologies if I threw unintentional shade your way.

(That's the first time in my life that I've ever used that expression).

Last edited:
What about the PG from Syracuse, Alisha Lewis (5-7 FR point guard, Wallingford, PA) who just entered the portal? Anyone know anything about her? Will Kellie take a look?

It does sort of roll off the tongue, though, doesn't it?

I could see either the Cameron Crazies or Stanford band adopting it as a chant.

Love to hear the Bayeaux Bengals' Cajun version.

Last edited:
OK, tell the truth - somebody dared you to put topicality, trivially specious and authoritarian subtext in the same sentence - amirite?

I hope they were not trying to impress. We have PhD's just sitting around if we need entertainment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Not sure this is the best topic on a public forum. Could definitely be perceived negatively by a recruit and/or their family.

Truth is both players would fill a need. Tennessee is desperate for another PG, and both are quick, athletic lead guards that this team is missing. I agree we are recruiting two players for one spot, but let's let Kellie and co. make the decision of who is the better fit for the team.

#GBO

Agreed! IMO, if the staff is recruiting a player, then she’ll be a terrific fit at Tennessee in Kellie’s system, so I’ll be thrilled to have any combination of them. It’ll probably just come down to whichever player(s) are the first to say yes. Somebody may be left out if others jump on the opportunity first.

Khayla McPherson really wants to go to UCONN but Geno looks to be closing in on landing Azzi Fudd. If that happens, don’t count out Joni and UGA. A lot of people around her are pushing her in that direction due to the depth already in Storrs.

Khayla McPherson really wants to go to UCONN but Geno looks to be closing in on landing Azzi Fudd. If that happens, don’t count out Joni and UGA. A lot of people around her are pushing her in that direction due to the depth already in Storrs.

Thanks Tyree! Is it a UConn/UGA battle in your opinion or does Tenn have a shot?

I dunno if Tennessee is in it or not to be honest. Her recruitment has been very weird. Mississippi State is another school that is in on her, Florida, North Carolina, Miami and UCLA are schools that I know are after her. I will inquire with some people around Athens that know her.

How do you know this? Is it just your opinion or do you have information validating your statements?

The power of the Conn!

I have been very in tune with Georgia recruiting due to connects that I have on the AAU trails and amongst sources that are very close to the UGA staff. When DeShields transferred years ago from North Carolina, I broke that story before anyone knew. I even had media sources shout me out because of it. I used to come to the Summitt years ago before I had to deal with some disrespect from a poster over there. Things seem to be very fluid with Khayla but she really wants to go to Storrs. I don’t foresee it happening, especially if Fudd goes there.

I have been very in tune with Georgia recruiting due to connects that I have on the AAU trails and amongst sources that are very close to the UGA staff. When DeShields transferred years ago from North Carolina, I broke that story before anyone knew. I even had media sources shout me out because of it. I used to come to the Summitt years ago before I had to deal with some disrespect from a poster over there. Things seem to be very fluid with Khayla but she really wants to go to Storrs. I don’t foresee it happening, especially if Fudd goes there.

Thanks for giving some background and I look forward to reading your posts. You probably know Coach Jumper given your affiliation with AAU

VN Store

Back