katrina pics

la.lovesorange

Go Vols!!!!!!!
Just wanted to share what I have been doing the last few weeks. Im not wanting any pitty! :D I just thought some of you might want to see some unbelievable pictures. Its hard to believe that they really dont do it justice. But here are a few!

My front yard (these were all taken 5 days after)

Attachments

• front_yard.jpg
    front_yard.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 0
  • yard.jpg
    yard.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 3
If you see the cement steps on the left........that is what is left of my grampa's house.

Attachments

• papas.jpg
    papas.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 1
Those pics were taken in Slidell and New Orleans. This one is in Kiln, MS. This is the water line on the overpass of the interstate. It is amazing how high is was being that this is about 8 miles from the water.

Attachments

• water_lines.jpg
    water_lines.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 7
post-114-1129762290.jpg

Does everybody see the water line in this pic? WOW. No wonder folks were being rescued out of their attics.

Also, the vase on the kitchen table did not move. It floated into a different room but nothing on the table moved!!!

la...I am so sorry for you and all the others down there. Get on up here in the mountains with the rest of us...

You're going to like Asheville la, it's a great place to live from what I hear.

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@Oct 19, 2005 6:49 PM
Also, the vase on the kitchen table did not move. It floated into a different room but nothing on the table moved!!!
[snapback]168607[/snapback]​

Wow!Is all I can say besides,glad you got out in time..

I'm glad that you and your family are safe. When you move to Asheville, you will only be 2 hours away from the home of the VOLS! Good luck with everything and a safe trip when you start moving. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics la...what a mess! I echo e1 else's remarks about your being ok, and things worked out for you n yours. On a sidenote...your fridge on its back looked weird, cause I have the exact same model.

I went to Biloxi shortly after that to help at the base there, and i got to see it first hand. Glad you got out in time, crazy what mother nature can do.

VN Store

Back