Kasim Hill QB

Some of you old farts need to knock the dust and cobwebs out that skull and get that brain a functioning again.

I said and I quote "If someone truly took his place for good at QB he would be over on the bench with his pouty face back on."

Key word being FOR GOOD. There I capitalized it for you. I also said If.

Noone took his spot for good. JG knew he'd be back out there.

Heck anytime they put Shrout or Maurer in they'd yank them after one drive even when they put points up on the board.

The younger guys aren't going to get anywhere if you don't get them game time experience.

JG has had plenty of game time experience. And he still sucks. At least with the backups they would be able to grow and learn from their mistakes. JG still makes the same mistakes year in and year out. And he's been starting for how long?

Come on gramps use yer noggin

If Jarrett knew he was going back in it would be becasue he had seen his competition at practice (unlike his haters) and was well aware of their limitations. Both JTS and BM were given opportunities to take the job and failed.

I am not a huge fan of JGs abilities amd performances. However, he is pretty far ahead of the others on the roster in game management. For someone to not see that, indicates one of two things; either you dont know that much anout the game or your emotionally charged hatred of JG has blinded you to what is fairly obvious to others.

Personally im surprised he/she left out "boomer", which seems to be what a young'un says when someone disagrees with them.

Some of you old farts need to knock the dust and cobwebs out that skull and get that brain a functioning again.

I said and I quote "If someone truly took his place for good at QB he would be over on the bench with his pouty face back on."

Key word being FOR GOOD. There I capitalized it for you. I also said If.

Noone took his spot for good. JG knew he'd be back out there.

Heck anytime they put Shrout or Maurer in they'd yank them after one drive even when they put points up on the board.

The younger guys aren't going to get anywhere if you don't get them game time experience.

JG has had plenty of game time experience. And he still sucks. At least with the backups they would be able to grow and learn from their mistakes. JG still makes the same mistakes year in and year out. And he's been starting for how long?

Come on gramps use yer noggin

Didn't know we had a quarterback named Noone

We will have 5 qb on next years team that Pruitt recruited, Hill, shrout, maurer, bailey and holiday. if any of these 5 are not better than jg, we have a problem in qb evaluation. With that said, I believe Pruitt does have some that are better and hopefully one of them will be used next year. And I do trust Pruitt to make the right decision. As I have stated earlier, if Pruitt at this time wanted a game manager this year, Jg was the best for the job. Imo Pruitt is going to change this next year, realizing he needs a more open offense, which he tried to do this year with Maurer and shrout, and I agree they were not ready for this type of offense. So rather than use maurer or shrout with a basic offense, he went with jg. Of course all of this is just my opinon. And Pruitt knows much more than I do about football, I don't claim to know more. I feel Pruitt is going to get us in contention for sec east this year or next for sure.
With a fuller explanation of your position, I have to say that I basically agree with you. I have never claimed that JG was a good quarterback. When he's been good, he's been very good, but in between, he's horrible, but unfortunately he was still our best chance to win. Maurer has been a wild man with a strong chance of interception every time he throws. It's possible that JG will finally get it together next yr since he's had to adjust to several offensive coordinators over the course of his career at UT. Hope you're right about contending for the east next yr. GBO
I think the play of our 2018 defense is a large part of the reason Pruitt went with JG and seemed fully committed to JG going into the season from the spring of last year.

2018 defense was mediocre and didn't create many turnovers. The defense hadn't objectively proved they could make the difference and win close games for us. Then we had to start an entire new DL and true freshman LB's going into 2019 on top of 2018's shortcomings.

With our defense having not objectively shown improvement, our OL not settled & starting two true freshman OT's last year, our younger QB's not seeming to have a full command of the offense, Pruitt had little choice but to go with the safe bet in JG; who does excel in not turning the ball over.

By the 5th game the coaching staff made changes.

I'm thinking Pruitt trusts the defense to keep us in games allot more going into 2020 than he did last year. Hopefully if one of the more talented QB's hasn't outright won the job by the 1st game then Pruitt announces we're going to rotate QB's going into the Charlotte game with the clear cut #2 announced.

Reactions: Cormock Mac

VN Store

Back