Karly Weathers 2022

If we might get back to Miss Weathers for a moment. Videos only, provide very little as to intangible qualities; but that’s all that many/most of us have, and so ...
She’s a very efficient player; great body control, her free throw stroke, a thing of beauty. Someone whom I think has seen her play in person, made a Pistol Pete comparison. I can’t agree, or disagree, but she certainly has a confident demeanor, and incredible skills. The fact that Coach Harper has offered this upcoming sophomore, speaks volumes. That her father, mother, and brother are outstanding athletes certainly doesn’t diminish her potential.
She’s very young, and will likely have her choice of ALL the bigs. Thankfully, she also has a savvy and spiritual family, school and church community that will help her with this very important decision.
A lot of water must pass under the bridge between now and then; hopefully, when her choice is made, ours will appear less muddy.

Last edited:
If we might get back to Miss Weathers for a moment. Videos only, provide very little as to intangible qualities; but that’s all that many/most of us have, and so ...
She’s a very efficient player; great body control, her free throw stroke, a thing of beauty. Someone whom I think has seen her play in person, made a Pistol Pete comparison. I can’t agree, or disagree, but she certainly has a confident demeanor, and incredible skills. The fact that Coach Harper has offered this upcoming junior, speaks volumes. That her father, mother, and brother are outstanding athletes certainly doesn’t diminish her potential.
She’s very young, and will likely have her choice of ALL the bigs. Thankfully, she also has a savvy and spiritual family, school and church community that will help her with this very important decision.
A lot of water must pass under the bridge between now and then; hopefully, when her choice is made, ours will appear less muddy.

Better be careful certain posters on here get upset when you try to keep a thread on track 🤐😂

She’s a very efficient player; great body control, her free throw stroke, a thing of beauty. Someone whom I think has seen her play in person, made a Pistol Pete comparison. I can’t agree, or disagree, but she certainly has a confident demeanor, and incredible skills. The fact that Coach Harper has offered this upcoming junior, speaks volumes. That her father, mother, and brother are outstanding athletes certainly doesn’t diminish her potential.
She’s actually a rising sophomore, class of 2022

She’s actually a rising sophomore, class of 2022
Thank you, River. And so, I’ve misspelled her name, and misstated her classification, just after reading about, and watching her. Of course, I cannot edit from this device. Taken altogether, my chances of an in home visit are dwindling.

Thank you, River. And so, I’ve misspelled her name, and misstated her classification, just after reading about, and watching her. Of course, I cannot edit from this device. Taken altogether, my chances of an in home visit are dwindling.
LOL.....no problem

Reactions: krichunaka
PHS was involved in the change to 5 x 5 in TN which was one, not surprisingly one of the last states to change. One of the stated reasons, in print by the male spokesman, of why women should not exerts themselves in full court was the risk of their uterus falling out.

Word on the street had it that Pat did not offer TN players then because TN still played half court; 3 on 3 at each end. On a side note she accidentally threw my hat out the school bus window, I started to cry, but the bus driver backed up at let me get it.
Who threw your hat out of the bus window? Jennifer or Pat?

One of the stated reasons, in print by the male spokesman, of why women should not exerts themselves in full court was the risk of their uterus falling out.

But of course.

Why do you think there are so few female pole vaulters?

And trapeze artists...why, that thing could come spinning out like a skeet at any moment...right over the audience's heads.

Think of the traumatized children in attendance...not to mention all males over age 12.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I watched her play our local high school during the state tournament this past season. I can honestly say that without a doubt she was the most talented player in the tournament.... as a freshman. If the lady Vols are going to get back to their former glory they need players like her.

Terrific post, Krich. I pulled out this portion to say that she sounds like she'd feel right at home in Knoxville, an absolutely perfect fit to be coached and mentored by this Lady Vols staff. The big question is, obviously, will she WANT to feel right at home? Her family is likely to hope she does, but you never know. She might think it would be fun to have a red-faced, angry little man screaming the "f" word at her for four years. :p

Terrific post, Krich. I pulled out this portion to say that she sounds like she'd feel right at home in Knoxville, an absolutely perfect fit to be coached and mentored by this Lady Vols staff. The big question is, obviously, will she WANT to feel right at home? Her family is likely to hope she does, but you never know. She might think it would be fun to have a red-faced, angry little man screaming the "f" word at her for four years. :p

Thank you so much lvocd! :)
I too, think she'd be a perfect fit.
However, I expect she'll be a great fit, anywhere she chooses to go.
I also fear that, like with probably all the others we might swoon, we're playing catch up.
And, the little angry one has practically had his pick of the litter for several years running.
Most folks don't see what we see, know what we know. Where we reach for the vomit bag, they see greatness - a four-peat and a-hundred-plus consecutive wins!
Scroll on. ;)
And, based on nothing but instinct/intuition/whatever ...I don't like our chances.
Now.
This is one instance in which, time might be on our side.
But, oh, what an admirable young lady, and family.
God be with them.

Reactions: lvocd
They (family) are huge bama fans. I will be shocked if she goes anywhere else.

Alabama fans for every sport (including women’s basketball), or primarily Alabama FOOTBALL fans? If they’re mostly just crazy-rabid for Bama football and only mildly interested in any other sport there, Tennessee (or other schools) might have a very good chance. We’ll find out eventually!

They (family) are huge bama fans. I will be shocked if she goes anywhere else.

Yep.
And, her brother is to play baseball there. (OOPS. At Vanderbilt. Thanks River67)
However, there are many instances wherein all the family might be fans of a particular school, in a particular sport; while, say, for instance, a sibling might have a life-long dream to play another sport, for another school ...especially when that other school is a perennial National Championship contender.

Her family is very close and supportive, obviously.
And, her mother is very impressive.
And strong!
This lady, Karly Weathers, will blaze her own trail.

Last edited:
Alabama fans for every sport (including women’s basketball), or primarily Alabama FOOTBALL fans? If they’re mostly just crazy-rabid for Bama football and only mildly interested in any other sport there, Tennessee (or other schools) might have a very good chance. We’ll find out eventually!

I just tried to say essentially the same thing, lvocd, though not nearly as articulately. Thanks.

Yep.
And, her brother is to play baseball there.
However, there are many instances wherein all the family might be fans of a particular school, in a particular sport; while, say, for instance, a sibling might have a life-long dream to play another sport, for another school ...especially when that other school is a perennial National Championship contender.

Her family is very close and supportive, obviously.
And, her mother is very impressive.
And strong!
This lady, Karly Weathers, will blaze her own trail.
Her brother signed to play baseball at Vanderbilt but opted to go to the MLB instead

Her brother signed to play baseball at Vanderbilt but opted to go to the MLB instead

Thanks again, for keeping me on track, River! I'll make the correction.
It's been a couple bad posting weeks: minor auto accident (My Fault!).
On antibiotics - Augmentin (unrelated incident) - day seven.
Never been drunk. Never been high (but, this sure is strange).
Anyhow, no excuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smallvol#1
Thanks again, for keeping me on track, River! I'll make the correction.
It's been a couple bad posting weeks: minor auto accident (My Fault!).
On antibiotics - Augmentin (unrelated incident) - day seven.
Never been drunk. Never been high (but, this is sure is strange).
Anyhow, no excuse.
I PROMISE I’m not picking on you, LOL

I PROMISE I’m not picking on you, LOL

I certainly haven't made things easy for myself with the name misspell, the incorrect classification, the wrong school, etc.
On the bright side, my son (thirty-one tomorrow :)) has hardly left my side. Though, I think he's using me for the comedic relief I apparently provide while medicated ...a small price to pay for even one moment shared.

VN Store

Back