Kansas Game Similar to Last Season’s Alabama Football Game

Vol49er

In both games we were teams who were generally off to bad starts but had recently developed reasons for slight amounts of hope (MS state win in football, several big wins over lower tier SEC teams in basketball). We go on the road to a top 3 team known for getting favorable officiating at home, and we compete with them for the whole game. In both games we make plenty of mistakes but it also feels like the result could’ve been different with less questionable officiating. Finally, in both games I have felt better about the season afterwards than I had at any point prior, or at least in a long time. In football we didn’t lose again, hopefully this is a similar story where this game is the start of the turnaround and the back half of the season becomes a big success story. I am still hoping for a tournament bid, which I would consider really impressive with the personnel losses this team has had to endure. Go Vols!

I wasn't able to watch the game.
Was there a reason for Plavsic not playing?

While I think he will be good he has a long long way to go on the defensive end. He doesn't position himself well enough and is a liability against a good center. The weight room will help him immensely.

Azabuike ran a shove and dunk drill on him. When Azabuike was out they were small and he was too slow to stay with anyone. He needs to learn to use angles on defense. Kept getting caught on the hip and abused. Will just have to hope he improves a lot over the summer and is worthy of the scholarship we used on him. With the delve back into the 5 star market by Barnes those scholarships are a whole lot more valuable when that level of player could be taking one.

Bowden's been looking good over the last three games and the team in general is gelling pretty nicely (I trust that JJJ's inexplicably bad game today was a one-time occurrence). Tennessee has no reason not to win at home against A&M/on the road versus State and Alabama, so it's up to Barnes to make sure that the Vols bring a three-game winning streak back to TBA to take on Kentucky.

Bowden's been looking good over the last three games and the team in general is gelling pretty nicely (I trust that JJJ's inexplicably bad game today was a one-time occurrence). Tennessee has no reason not to win at home against A&M/on the road versus State and Alabama, so it's up to Barnes to make sure that the Vols bring a three-game winning streak back to TBA to take on Kentucky.

TN rarely wins at Alabama.

College GameDay at Kansas. We played better but the TOs are killing us. The Gameday crew defending and love fest for KU was pathetic. Add to it Bilas this is a National Championship team. A bought one. The NCAA will do nothing to deter the corruption in the blue blood ranks. The Media feed it pregame today what a bunch of bunk.

Reactions: chuckb1448
I think we are still going to be wildly inconsistent the rest of the way, but we're gonna have moments of flashes like we saw yesterday that have us looking forward to next season. This season has been and still is about getting to next year, just want to continue to see guys improve and become more consistent. Fulky is almost there. Pons getting there as well. James had a terrible game yesterday but has been playing better. In fact if he just has a decent game yesterday, just average, we probably win the game. Vescovi looked good yesterday, didn't turn the ball over as much, hopefully that continues.

VN Store

Back