Kamara about to get paid

Aerie Vol

Saints nearing deal with AK. He deserves it. Straight baller.

Butch still expected to forget he's on the bench.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Saints nearing deal with AK. He deserves it. Straight baller.

Butch still expected to forget he's on the bench.

I'm kinda surprised by this. He really doesn't have much leverage with 2 franchise tag years on the horizon.

I feel like RB's and their agents make the mistake of trying to get the biggest contract that they can, and what ends up happening is the team chews them up and spits them out in the first 2-3 years, then they cut him. If the RB will give up total $ but increases the guaranteed, not only will the team be more inclined to keep him, but they'll do more to protect their investment and they'll avoid riding him into the dirt. I have no idea what the contract is going to look like, this is just something that makes sense to me.

I'm kinda surprised by this. He really doesn't have much leverage with 2 franchise tag years on the horizon.

I feel like RB's and their agents make the mistake of trying to get the biggest contract that they can, and what ends up happening is the team chews them up and spits them out in the first 2-3 years, then they cut him. If the RB will give up total $ but increases the guaranteed, not only will the team be more inclined to keep him, but they'll do more to protect their investment and they'll avoid riding him into the dirt. I have no idea what the contract is going to look like, this is just something that makes sense to me.
Great post and I totally agree with you

Reactions: n_huffhines

I think it's a bit different with AK since he is such an enormous part of the passing game. The only guy even in the conversation with Alvin since he came to the league regarding targets/receptions/yards from the RB position is McCaffrey.

5 yr, $75m extension, but I can't find anything about guaranteed money.

Cook got 5/$63m with $28m guaranteed.

Reactions: VolnJC

VN Store

Back