Kamal Hadden's message to Volnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s young and either doesn’t understand or maybe just doesn’t appreciate that people on here hold the players to a much higher standard than they achieve in their own lives/professions. We all do it - we expect perfection. We want every game we play to look like the Georgia/TCU game with us playing error free ball and scoring at will. Hopefully some guys will get him to just hit the ignore button and not get spun up.

And half the time they aren’t even Vol fans.. 80 percent of what is on Twitter is generally negative, if you are not looking on there from a strictly entertainment perspective, it’s a good idea to not look at it lol.. he and his family would be best served to take a Twitter break, some people are just too sensitive (or something) for all of that
Yep. To borrow from War Games, the only winning move is not to play. Social media is a pestilence.

Dear KH:

There will not be one single perception of how you performed last season change as a result of this bizarre, silly, incoherent message.

If you're truly interested in volnation having your back, I believe the criteria is actually pretty simple in your case.

1) Get better in coverage
2) When you make a bad play, reset and get ready for the next play without talking sh#t. And by all means, don't hurt the team by getting Personal Foul penalties.
3) When you're able to make a good play, celebrate with your teammates

BOOM. You would then be a fan favorite.

Last edited:
You put yourself out there, you accept the consequences…when you talk s*** after every play (even the ones where you just got toasted) you get this type of treatment…if you’re going to “man up” then by God you need to man up

He did not reference the whole world or even all of THE VOL NATION, just a few of those EVERYBODY HAS THEM types on the board volnation. If Johnny was still with us he would have ID’d them as members of the LOM.

Can’t justify some of his actions nor some of these posters. There is a good chance he got beat doing his best. Posters I doubt it.
Whoever attacked him is stupid and just as bad as him but what do you expect when you are that way. You go looking for a fight everyday and you’re sure to find one.

Reactions: LadyVolette
In today’s NIL world, college football players are essentially the same as professional athletes. IMO, Criticism is fair as long as the comments aren’t of a personal nature

Next year, he’ll be unhappy with his NIL deals. Willie, cut your losses now.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Given you don’t really have time as the ball is pretty much continually in play, but if you talk trash in a rugby match you just put a target on your back.

Personal and family threats? It happens. This is just one case, but Condredge Holloway's mom was also threatened.
Threats directed at Vols' Crompton shameful
I don't think anyone threatened him or his family. Based on his replies to the tweet above it sounds like his family tried to defend him (whether on Twitter or on a message board isn't clear) and got roasted. Then his family told Kamal that Vol Nation was "disrespecting his name" so Kamal went to Twitter like an immature teenager and lost more respect, which he "will not tolerate" - according to him.

Personal and family threats? It happens. This is just one case, but Condredge Holloway's mom was also threatened.
Threats directed at Vols' Crompton shameful

Somebody should remind him what Ohio State's kicker is living through right about now. Nobody should go through harassment or threats for what occurs on a college football field. BUT it does happen at the better schools, it's nothing new, and should be thought of as a welcome to big time football young Hadden. Put it behind you and become the best player you can possibly be.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Pretty sure everyone knows how he plays the game. Not well.

Is this a justification for a single post below the CLASS Mendoza line? Our secondary pretty much played out to pre-season predictions.

I have not seen anyone saying play was acceptable or that any of his unsportsmanlike conduct was justified, but some are justifying ALL the offensive posts? Got to wonder how the rest of the 105 grade these posts by the EVERY TEAM HAS THEM segment. How about the guys still in the portal doing risk/reward calculations?

No way to put a positive spin on any plus/minus review of the REFERENCED posts. Why make it tougher on the staff to solution the problem?

I completely get what you are saying and I see it. I will say the only difference here is that Larry delivered.

Larry backed it up AND he didn’t hurt his team.

KH doesn’t back it up AND he hurts his team.

If he played with Larry, I think the fans would be the least of his worries.

Hopefully, this “type” of player puts the work in to back up his attitude.

Not sure if he has the coaching to do it though. There is definitely a problem with our DBs technique. Either they are not being taught correctly or it is not getting through. Either way it is a problem. This is year two. We should start to see improvement.

Reactions: volanatic
My point, in replying to the post, is that such threat do happen. And basically, such threats don't surprise me at all. Matter-of-fact, I got such a veiled threat in the political forum not very long ago. People, today, are increasingly degrading into humanity's baser prehistoric nature. Not that we were ever that far from it to begin with. Well, if extraterrestrials ever invade Earth, I'll cheer for the spacers, we don't have sense enough to peacefully co-exist among ourselves anyway. As for KH, at least he claims respect for the "T" despite what's bothering him. Funny, that nobody mentions that in their criticism of him. AWWW, never mind, I will always be guilty of standing in the players' corner unless they do something horrible that harms the UT. That's been true ever since what happened with Crompdaddy.

Poor thing. You’re such a victim.

Reactions: VFL1953
I completely get what you are saying and I see it. I will say the only difference here is that Larry delivered.

Larry backed it up AND he didn’t hurt his team.

KH doesn’t back it up AND he hurts his team.

If he played with Larry, I think the fans would be the least of his worries.

Hopefully, this “type” of player puts the work in to back up his attitude.

Not sure if he has the coaching to do it though. There is definitely a problem with our DBs technique. Either they are not being taught correctly or it is not getting through. Either way it is a problem. This is year two. We should start to see improvement.

You haven't REALLY been threatened on Vol Nation until you've been invited to the Waffle House parking lot with a date and time.

Anything less is a Hillary Clinton nothing burger.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
"Knowing his kind" must be a reference to a concept hes learned in an Introductory Biological class he's enrolled in (perhaps even a lab). Surely it's a reference to classifying species. Very Darwinian of him to use social media as a platform to educate the masses on evolutionary theory.
My guess is that he's talking about his "warrior" mentality and that of his mates vs keyboard mopes like us. Again, just a guess.

Reactions: keenobserver
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back