Kamal Hadden's message to Volnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all are way too unforgiving of this dude

he's struggled in coverage like every other player in the secondary

He's not the worst either

Yes he ran his mouth like a damn fool against USCjr and it was embarrassing, but good lord the resentment people have for just that is really over the top.

Did he really hurt you that deeply by doing that? The vitriol is almost worse for him than any other player I've seen

Yeah he's mad about the disrespect, but the dude said he loves the T and wants to be here and we would be WORSE without him.

Like it's sad the amount of hate people have for a guy who loves it here and has helped us turn around the program.

Exactly. You can be “chippy” and talk crap when you back it up a little. Hadden hasn’t to this point thus he gets criticism by fans and laughed at by rivals. “Kno his kind”? Does the guy seriously think he’s the first immature, dumb kid that’s got criticism for being an idiot on the football field? I say that as someone that was an immature, dumb kid at his age at one time in my life.

If I were to talk to him I would tell him to reign in the mouth a little bit, focus on getting better at his position, surround himself with people that can bring out his best and quit worrying about social media. Kid has the talent to make something out of himself if he can mature and block out the noise.
I'm guilty. I've been critical of him on this message board. But just here. Ever heard of "constructive criticism"? If I was this young man and read what I posted, I would hope the thought would go through his head, "Hey, I might just be making some bad choices in timing on my trash talking". And if he can't take constructive criticism, he's right, I don't kno his kind.

Last edited:
Why even bring this up? It makes everybody look bad. Players need to NOT READ fan forums, period. Actors and athletes need this drilled into them early. And similarly we've had a lot of bad-talking of our defense, particularly pass defense. I've seen posters complain about Hadden losing battles. But having this go personal between fans and players is BS we don't need. Our strengths and weaknesses must be something fans can talk about. Like it or not, sports is an entertainment industry.

It is obvious to that his behavior does not deserve the respect of the fans. If he is worried about his mother and brother he needs to clean up his act.
Wtf? Anyone going after his family is absolute trash. That has nothing to do with a game

Wtf? Anyone going after his family is absolute trash. That has nothing to do with a game
You need a reading comprehension course. No one went after his family. He said he did not want his family reading it. But I congratulate you on over stating the facts and blaming the fans.

You need a reading comprehension course. No one went after his family. He said he did not want his family reading it. But I congratulate you on over stating the facts and blaming the fans.
You placed the blame on him in the event it did. That's absurd

Anyone going after a player is trash anyways. They're young guys playing a game

Reactions: VolNExile
Read the next Tweet. Sounds like that may have happened.

You're not wrong but at some point players/parents need to realize that nothing that we(the fans) say has any control over their playing time and that they're going to get judged by the fans regardless of where they go. I understand what you're saying though, that's why I don't personally ever tweet or message the players. They're young and quick to get spiteful if a lot of fans are coming at them. That's a part of the territory though, no fanbase can control a million different fans personalities.

Not sure how to put this politely but you are laughably wrong. You suck as a poster and I can't believe VN tolerates you. They should relegate you to some lesser Vol board or at probably boot you from fandom. It is impossible to believe that at this stage you don't do a better job. If it was up to me your posting privileges would be revoked immediately so the board wouldn't be so embarrassingly bad when you're on here.

Now I don't personally believe any of the above...but imagine if 100 posters were saying this about you daily. 1000? You saying it wouldn't impact your mindset? You are a big boy right? You put your words out there for the world to read and respond. Right?

I do believe that this fanbase has more impact than most realize even though we either brag about or are embarrassed about the Schiano affair. (Personally i think it was an amazing response that showed a fanbase how much impact they can have).

Anyhow... you are probably an excellent poster but i wish more folks would realize how hurtful being trashed in public by someone who is anonymous can impact one's mindest and outlook.

Reactions: VolNExile
My only problem with Hadden is that he talks trash like he's on the '88 Hurricanes, but doesn't back it up nearly enough.

If Kamal spent half as much time and energy on learning how to play CB in the SEC as he does smack talking even though he missed the tackle or got burnt, he could be really good and that alone silence his critics.

Reactions: feathersax
I have a different take on Hadden. He undoubtedly made a fool of himself in the SC game but I did not notice the excessive trash talking in other games. I think we had a lack of defensive spark and leadership in the SC game and Hadden was overcompensating.

He had a rough year after a promising start. We need all the help we can get at corner and I hope he rises to the challenge.

Reactions: J C Higgins
Not sure how to put this politely but you are laughably wrong. You suck as a poster and I can't believe VN tolerates you. They should relegate you to some lesser Vol board or at probably boot you from fandom. It is impossible to believe that at this stage you don't do a better job. If it was up to me your posting privileges would be revoked immediately so the board wouldn't be so embarrassingly bad when you're on here.

Now I don't personally believe any of the above...but imagine if 100 posters were saying this about you daily. 1000? You saying it wouldn't impact your mindset? You are a big boy right? You put your words out there for the world to read and respond. Right?

I do believe that this fanbase has more impact than most realize even though we either brag about or are embarrassed about the Schiano affair. (Personally i think it was an amazing response that showed a fanbase how much impact they can have).

Anyhow... you are probably an excellent poster but i wish more folks would realize how hurtful being trashed in public by someone who is anonymous can impact one's mindest and outlook.

To be honest, when I read the first paragraph I was laughing out loud because I've seen some funny comments towards posters on here when you rub someone the wrong way.

I don't doubt it does mess with their psyche, which is what I expressed in my post you commented on. They're young and they're quick to be spiteful. Rather it's warranted or not, you have to understand you're playing on a big, big stage. You have a chance to get paid while in college now, hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions. Fans are paying, betting on you and supporting you. When you call out a whole fanbase as a whole, you're putting those people who are supporting you in whatever way currently and maybe in the future in a negative light. At the end of the day, if he plays next Saturday and messes up or cost his team, it's not going to stop those people from calling him out or those one fans who express their frustration through negatively tweeting at them.

I think it's a bad business move on his end. I do however understand your point, which is why I don't personally do it but him posting this has a longshot at it making any difference at all except for a negative one on his end. Jmo though.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Kamal, we don't know you as a person. We really don't care. What makes you look bad is running your mouth constantly to other players and coaches ... and especially while getting repeatedly roasted on the field. Other than that we good.

Since he brought it up, my personal opinion is all that trash talking is disrespectful to your opponent. If you did any of that chirping after a play in my day you would find yourself on the bench. Players chirping after they get beat on a play is new territory for me so I can't comment. Yes, those days are over but those were much better days, this is not a wrestling match.

Since he brought it up, my personal opinion is all that trash talking is disrespectful to your opponent. If you did any of that chirping after a play in my day you would find yourself on the bench. Players chirping after they get beat on a play is new territory for me so I can't comment. Yes, those days are over but those were much better days, this is not a wrestling match.
What day was this, pre-tv? Trash talking has been part of sorts for s long as I can remember.

Getting beat over and over again is one thing the problem o have with him is that he continues to get up chirping like he's doing something fantastic. Chirp when you win a battle not when you lose them every time.

On the other hand ESPN has a article where coaches say if we will be better or worse next year but I don't have espn+ was curious if anyone else did and could say what it says didn't feel it was thread worthy Risers, realignment and Coach Prime: Coaches make seven predictions for 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back