Kamal Hadden's message to Volnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it helps if you can back it up, but those guys know no other way, regardless.

I'm gonna go ahead here and assert that "backing it up" is in fact essential to trash talking. If you talk trash and can't back it up, you are a scrub.

I don't know a thing about Kamal Hadden other than his coverage seemed to consist of having cookies and milk ready for the receivers when they caught the ball. And then he'd jaw with them afterward, though about what I couldn't say.

I mean, he jawed when he did make a play too. I just remember a whole lot of milk and cookies.

Given what I've seen some of our fans exhibit right here on VN, it wouldn't surprise me if he has encountered incidents with spitting Volfan cobras. There are times I see some things that make me wonder why such fans aren't euthanized, as they are so persistent in their spite. I think some even refuse to believe that players actually do read VN posts. We, from time to time, have parents of players drop in as well. Not necessarily actively participate, but stealth lurk. I suggest, let me repeat, I suggest caution. Some of those posts might serve as the catalyst for players to go portal.

Proceed to execute me for daring to post the above.
That last part. I hoped he would of left. I have never disliked one of our players before but this dude. He gets burnt all the time and if your gonna talk that much then be able to man up and hit someone. Not a freshamn QB. He avoided contact almost all year, not to mention the only contact he has was trying to go for the ball. He needs to grow up and realize that the whole world isn’t after him.

Here is his response to a nicely worded piece of advice to him on Twitter.
This is just silly. Family should know how boards like this go. And Hadden isn't going to change things by twitting. Just focus on what you can control....your school work, your football work and your mental approach to the game. That's more than enough. He doesn't need this type of distraction. Nothing good can come of it. One would think his family would recognize this and do anything necessary to remove it from his sphere of concern. Guess they're gonna make this a priority? Damn...I hope we get a couple of solid corners before fall camp.

Reactions: EricberryFAN
Yep, he has a little of the same problem as Banks had 2021 although a little different. Banks was getting 15 for hitting late or body slamming players etc.., actions that would made him a hero back in the 60's & 70's but now you get -15 and coaches and fans hate that, game killers. KH is an aggressive player and made some good plays/tackles. Hes bracketed in with all the DBs that need to improve on coverage and turning to the ball on 50/50s when hand fighting to avoid the -15. His biggest problem is running his mouth (yelling not trash talking) right when the cameras on him pushing a receiver out of bounds etc. like when him and the adolescent coach from USCjr started trading expletives on sidelines with cameras for replays etc... Talking back and forth regrettably has become a part of the game. KH uses that to excuse what he's doing is what others do. IMO it's like telling a child to use his or her inside voice. Where others talk and try to intimidate throughout the game, I just don't think KH realizes how animated he is, and it gets picked up by the announcers and all. Guess what, the refs then start eye balling him and talk before the game keep an eye on #5 don't want game to get out of hand. Then you wonder why you get called on the hand fighting for a 50/50 ball when others don't, KH has made himself the villain his yelling needs to be at least nuanced to normal trash talk that happens.
That’s what I was thinking ‘less talky-talky’

Reactions: VolFaninFla

I'm not sure why he would be getting hate mail right now unless I missed something recently?! We need the depth at CB. He made several big plays for us and cost us some big plays. I guess he is talking about when he was running his mouth and costing his team? I'm not one to tweet at players or anything but when you play big boy ball in front of a big fan base, you're gonna get called out no matter where you are. If you make it to the NFL, you're going to have to have thicker skin.

I’m pretty sure this proves our point 🤔.

And it doesn't mean chit. Anonymous posters typing words. They have no power over you unless you allow it.
And half the time they aren’t even Vol fans.. 80 percent of what is on Twitter is generally negative, if you are not looking on there from a strictly entertainment perspective, it’s a good idea to not look at it lol.. he and his family would be best served to take a Twitter break, some people are just too sensitive (or something) for all of that

Reactions: CAVPUT
People still don’t realize that social media is a toxic wasteland?
The funniest thing I had happen to me on FB.. my husband made some lady mad and she said ‘I see why you are on FB all of the time, your wife is ugly’ I looked at her profile and she was about 400 pounds that her filters could not disguise 😂…People will say all kinds of mean things when they think you cannot retaliate in person, they feel powerful when they are not actually

Any Tennessee fan that tweets, emails, or other wise directly sends him or other TN players hateful messages sucks at life and needs to grow up. I have never understood this. It's the same jackoffs that sit in their underwear in their mom's basement and send hateful messages to recruits that choose other schools. It's stupid.

Having said that, if he's getting on message boards or other public forums and reading comments, that's on him. Fans have a right to discuss his, at times, terrible play and how odd it is he gets mouthy when he's getting whipped. He's a public figure in a very public program. Sports fans are going to talk. If he cant handle that, again, that's on him and maybe he needs to be at a less high profile program where this isn't an issue.

Based on this tweet it's hard to tell me which he's referring to.

That last part. I hoped he would of left. I have never disliked one of our players before but this dude. He gets burnt all the time and if your gonna talk that much then be able to man up and hit someone. Not a freshamn QB. He avoided contact almost all year, not to mention the only contact he has was trying to go for the ball. He needs to grow up and realize that the whole world isn’t after him.

Well, you need to grab CJH by both shoulders. Give him a really good rough shaking. Then tell him to get rid of that player, and do it right now, not tomorrow. Then maybe you'll feel better. After that, either join the team yourself as a walk-on CB, or via a time paradox bring Lem Barney or Herb Adderly on the team. I hear technology is wonderful these days, you just might be able to pull that off. We do have something called the portal now.
1673710014739.png

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
And it doesn't mean chit. Anonymous posters typing words. They have no power over you unless you allow it.

I was responding to someone who seemed to express doubt we actually have fans who stalk players on social media. I did not justify it.

I'm not sure why he would be getting hate mail right now unless I missed something recently?! We need the depth at CB. He made several big plays for us and cost us some big plays. I guess he is talking about when he was running his mouth and costing his team? I'm not one to tweet at players or anything but when you play big boy ball in front of a big fan base, you're gonna get called out no matter where you are. If you make it to the NFL, you're going to have to have thicker skin.

Play cornerback like a “real SEC player”, then get up and go back to the huddle. If you do that every play, you will get much less riff than if you get up “chest bumping” and “trash talking” after you have been burnt every other play against South Carolina. Same thing happened against Clemson on several plays. Get thicker skin and practice hard, freshmen and transfers are coming for your position in April.

Well, you need to grab CJH by both shoulders. Give him a really good rough shaking. Then tell him to get rid of that player, and do it right now, not tomorrow. Then maybe you'll feel better. After that, either join the team yourself as a walk-on CB, or via a time paradox bring Lem Barney or Herb Adderly on the team. I hear technology is wonderful these days, you just might be able to pull that off. We do have something called the portal now.
View attachment 531117
Just be a good dude. It’s all I ask. Humility goes a long way.

Reactions: DixieVol
If someone doesn’t get him under control, he’s gonna turn into a major cancer. This staff has done a damn good job of changing the culture on the hill. They don’t need someone who spends more time running his mouth he does making plays disrupting a good thing. No one player is bigger than the team

Our institutions of higher learning must do better.

I mean, we shouldn't have Vandy's academic standards. But we have to be better than this.

Reactions: UTwild82
Kamal needs to grow up. Dude, you’re 22 years old. Grown man status yet acting like the 14 year old UK fan I saw at the Tennessee - Kentucky game flipping off fans every time the Vols made a good play. I expect immature behavior from the 14 year old. Kamal is gonna have a hard life ahead of him after football. Criticism will crush him. Sounds like his mom needs some maturing too. Hope he improves and grows up a little. Love his passion, just want him to back it up with his play, and ignore the messages.

Did I miss something? Not seeing the word hate mail. Think he's talking about Volnation.

The funniest thing I had happen to me on FB.. my husband made some lady mad and she said ‘I see why you are on FB all of the time, your wife is ugly’ I looked at her profile and she was about 400 pounds that her filters could not disguise 😂…People will say all kinds of mean things when they think you cannot retaliate in person, they feel powerful when they are not actually
Anyone who puts any stock into what other people say about them on social media doesn’t have their priorities right.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back