Kaidon Salter suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't say any of that. I was rebutting the argument that 'maybe' players are too 'smoked up' to be any good with the argument that 'maybe' weed aint actually the Devil's lettuce afterall.

I never said a thing about coping with life.
That’s why I said slippery slope. Sometimes what you aren’t saying is in fact saying that very thing.

I'm sorry, were there offensive line issues prior to Katy? I wasn't aware. I am not so concerned about the 'perfectly executed game-plan', as much as I am concerned with his handling of it. Its a simple game-plan, in theory. But, much more difficult to execute. This "perfectly executed game-plan" was implemented by a High School coach, and pulled off by high school kids. What do you think he'll face every week, in the SEC? The best Defensive coordinators in the NCAA, using the best players, in the NCAA.
Bottomline, they pressured him, under control. Did not allow him to escape the pocket and extend plays. Took away his favorite receivers/routes, and forced him to beat them by read progression and dump downs. HE COULD DO NEITHER. He ate the ball, coughed it up, and threw 3 interceptions. I hope this was a learning moment for him. This is what he will see every Saturday, from now until he moves on.
Put on some weight, and learn to throw it away, sometimes. Hopefully our offensive coordinator will be able to get him into sets and situations where he can excel. That is, if he is allowed to return to the team.

Yep. Offensive line issues all season. Athleticism hid many of the issues. Top RB out too. I can go on and on. Wasn't aware kids don't progress and get better in college with better coaching. Watch the Duncanville game and see how their linebackers lived in the backfield. Watch many of the games and count how long he had in the pocket. I also have a friend at one of the best 6A programs in Texas. They were scheduled to play but Covid happened. Guess what his strategy was going to be. You guessed it. Blitz every down because even they knew the line couldn't handle it and if the ball was out of Kaidon's hands then their chances of winning went up. So do your research about a team instead of basing everything off of 1 state title game where the D, loaded with D1 talent, knew CH was going to pass because they were behind from the start.

Remember when Tyler Bray was excoriated for throwing a bottle out a dorm window? They said that’s not a leader, you can‘t be the QB and do stupid stuff like that. Really? Get these punk thugs out now

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Let me shed some light. Kaidon is a good kid. He is quiet and doesn't ever get into trouble. This was surprising to say the least. We will let it all come out and then ya'll can pass your judgement. I assure Kaidon isn't a tough guy nor an enforcer. Not to make excuses but we can only think his dads condition may be a root cause. People, especially kids, deal with things a different way. Very few thought Ken would pull through like he has and the past week has been phenomenal. Changes have already been noticed with the other boys and not in a great way. It's being handled and hopefully with their dad on his way to recovery they go back to the great kids they are. And for the one asking for his donation back, shoot me a message with how much and I'll gladly reimburse you since it was sent for Kaidon, and not Ken.

Good to have you here. This board can get a little crazy but don't take it personally. There are a wide range of opinions here and we all get onto each other. Many even bring real on the ground knowledge like you are go.

For a lot of fans including me, it is way past time for UT to win another SEC championship. It might be the longest drought in the history of the program. With that being the case, it seems like when the program takes a step forward events like this pushes it two steps back. It's nothing personal. People want kids who are going to act right and since the QB position is a leader of the team this doesn't look good for the long term outlook. Hopefully he has a chance to turn it around.

Word to the wise, if you have thin skin you might want to stay away from the board.

Oh and fans of other teams and in other states frequent the board and provide input. We tolerate broad perspectives. Now there are some think skinned posters on here as well - snowflakes, cancel culture types - that will block you because they can't handle diverse perspectives. You know thry blocked you or others because they brag about it or respond with "what did I miss" or "that must be the poster I blocked".

Last edited:
Good to have you here. This board can get a little crazy but don't take it personally. There are a wide range of opinions here and we all get onto each other. Many even bring real on the ground knowledge like you are go.

For a lot of fans including me, it is way past time for UT to win another SEC championship. It might be the longest drought in the history of the program. With that being the case, it seems like when the program takes a step forward events like this pushes it two steps back. It's nothing personal. People want kids who are going to act right and since the QB position is a leader of the team this doesn't look good for the long term outlook. Hopefully he has a chance to turn it around.

Word to the wise, if you have thin skin you might want to stay away from the board.

Oh and fans of other teams and in other states frequent the board and provide input. We tolerate broad perspectives. Now there are some think skinned posters on here as well - snowflakes, cancel culture types - that will block you because they can't handle diverse perspectives. You know thry blocked you or others because they brag about it or respond with "what did I miss" or "that must be the poster I blocked".

Thanks. I posted during his recruitment. Every fan base has ones we ignore and we know it's not indicative of everyone. I was a season ticket holder for another SEC team until recently. Don't really like Tenn but I'll root for Kaidon. I've always had a slight admiration for yalls fan base though. Neyland gets loud especially when you are there to see a rival. I won't post pics of Kaidon in those rival colors until the time is right. See yall in the Fall

Thanks. I posted during his recruitment. Every fan base has ones we ignore and we know it's not indicative of everyone. I was a season ticket holder for another SEC team until recently. Don't really like Tenn but I'll root for Kaidon. I've always had a slight admiration for yalls fan base though. Neyland gets loud especially when you are there to see a rival. I won't post pics of Kaidon in those rival colors until the time is right. See yall in the Fall

Ahh...A&M fan. For the record, I don't like. By the way, I'm not a fan of Coach Porky Pig. 😉

Typical vols.
No, typical dumb kids you don't understand the future they are potentially throwing around over a short-lived high or a cheap thrill. Way too much of it at all levels these days. Recent decisions about what should be important to students and youth are now beginning to pay the negative dividends that some predicted years ago.

We don't much like Tennessee either, but we hate all of the other SEC teams way worse. Especially Florida. And Bama. And Ky. And Ga. Oh, and SC. Auburn, especially Auburn. And LSU. And...

We don't much like Tennessee either, but we hate all of the other SEC teams way worse. Especially Florida. And Bama. And Ky. And Ga. Oh, and SC. Auburn, especially Auburn. And LSU. And...

Mostly A&M. And even more A&M fans who come here to talk -ish and try to smooth over a drug arrest for a grown a$$ man having his college paid for to play a game of football and can’t keep his nose clean for his first few weeks on campus.

Reactions: Alto1
Yep. Offensive line issues all season. Athleticism hid many of the issues. Top RB out too. I can go on and on. Wasn't aware kids don't progress and get better in college with better coaching. Watch the Duncanville game and see how their linebackers lived in the backfield. Watch many of the games and count how long he had in the pocket. I also have a friend at one of the best 6A programs in Texas. They were scheduled to play but Covid happened. Guess what his strategy was going to be. You guessed it. Blitz every down because even they knew the line couldn't handle it and if the ball was out of Kaidon's hands then their chances of winning went up. So do your research about a team instead of basing everything off of 1 state title game where the D, loaded with D1 talent, knew CH was going to pass because they were behind from the start.
Katy did as much on offense as they did on defense, to slow Kaidon. They controlled the line of scrimmage, and the clock, without turning it over. Kaidon and Co shot themselves in the foot early, and Katy made them pay. It was 17-0 in a blink. Was I imagining things, or did I not see very many dump down opportunities? Or was Katy sitting on them?

Let me shed some light. Kaidon is a good kid. He is quiet and doesn't ever get into trouble. This was surprising to say the least. We will let it all come out and then ya'll can pass your judgement. I assure Kaidon isn't a tough guy nor an enforcer. Not to make excuses but we can only think his dads condition may be a root cause. People, especially kids, deal with things a different way. Very few thought Ken would pull through like he has and the past week has been phenomenal. Changes have already been noticed with the other boys and not in a great way. It's being handled and hopefully with their dad on his way to recovery they go back to the great kids they are. And for the one asking for his donation back, shoot me a message with how much and I'll gladly reimburse you since it was sent for Kaidon, and not Ken.
The football forum on Volnation is full of overly emotional old lady types that jump to conclusions at the drop of a hat and act like bitches every chance the get. Don’t let these guys sour you on the fan base. They’re not really a good representation of the masses..... just the asses.

Mostly A&M. And even more A&M fans who come here to talk -ish and try to smooth over a drug arrest for a grown a$$ man having his college paid for to play a game of football and can’t keep his nose clean for his first few weeks on campus.
Look👆🏼! It’s Mr. Holier Than Thou! He’s never made a mistake or been at the wrong place at the wrong time ever in his life.

Wow, you’ve swung and missed on this one. lol

Reactions: GordonC
Unless the supplier fronted the supply, dude should have his money already. He’s probably just hoping, for the dude who got jumped, to not rat him out and it seems like that guy’s not talking. What I heard was the dealer was charging normal students cheaper prices and when the football players would buy, they would up charge them. From the rumors it doesn’t sound like it was just a random occurrence. They wanted retribution for being screwed over. Not saying it’s excusable, but it’s better than just rolling up on a random dealer and taking his ish for themselves.

Now..... do you know how to fix this and avoid these situations completely? Legalize it and regulate it. Prohibition doesn’t work and only leads to more crime.
None of this sounds good. This situation is not something "good kids do". If stealing the dope wasnt bad enough the robbery and assault probably wont go without retribution from the offended. You want to fix it? Get that stuff away from campus at least . Let your players know that it not alright.

Oh look, another apologist for grown, adult men acting like thugs and gangstas.......cue the “they’re just kids” speak, I’m sure.
I’m not apologist but we don’t even know all the facts. We know he was there and that is it. Second, he is not a grown ass man (as you said), he is 17. I don’t want to go easy on guys bad acts but I think we need all the facts and take any past acts into consideration (which I think are none). Based on what I know right now, I think it may be best to sit him down and read the riot act and say another one and you are gone. Then stick to that. If facts come out that are different I will probably change my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back