Kaidon Salter suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw. If we THINK they did it...they should fry!
Fair process is for **$$!es 😎
You guys pull this same tired line out every time a player gets suspended, regardless of the evidence against them. There are multiple witnesses that saw it happen. The campus police were so confident about the events they sent out a statement to students saying exactly what happened the next day.

The laughable part is that there likely isn't even a question about whether they did it inside the AD. They most likely already admitted to it, hence the ongoing suspension.

You guys pull this same tired line out every time a player gets suspended, regardless of the evidence against them. There are multiple witnesses that saw it happen. The campus police were so confident about the events they sent out a statement to students saying exactly what happened the next day.

The laughable part is that there likely isn't even a question about whether they did it inside the AD. They most likely already admitted to it, hence the ongoing suspension.
Really? Multiple witnesses? All with the same story? Hadn’t heard that. Exactly what did happen? You have a copy of that statement?

I don't know all the facts, in this case, but........if he's found guilty of possession of schedule x narcotics with intent to sell, AND assault, he can go on back to Texas. Sound mean? Don't care. If it is just weed..........we'll see. Don't like it, but.....

Last edited:
No, I did not participate in breaking and entering, assault and strong arm robbery of illegal drugs. I bet most did’nt except for individuals like you I guess based on your post. I guess most people have a little higher standard of living with their lives than you apparently.
I did none of those but smoke weed. Which is the ONLY thing they were charged with. Maybe you should calm down a little bit champ.

I'm not jumping to conclusions but if true he needs to go. In a program that has wallowed in mediocrity for a decade we have to get clean the program of unsavory player behavior traits.

Hard to believe this program is marred in this stuff. It would be a shame if the QB recruit was not properly vetted by the last staff or they didn't care. It's not like they were setting good examples.

It's football, not sainthood. I hope he gets a chance to serve his punishment and get back on the team. People mess up all the time. Not to mention, if there was actually an assault, the 'victim' was dealing.

Maybe if cannabis was legalized we wouldn't have kids selling it out of their dorm rooms. What is this, America in the 1920s with alcohol prohibition? It's time to stop ruining people's lives over weed.

It's football, not sainthood. I hope he gets a chance to serve his punishment and get back on the team. People mess up all the time. Not to mention, if there was actually an assault, the 'victim' was dealing.

Maybe if cannabis was legalized we wouldn't have kids selling it out of their dorm rooms. What is this, America in the 1920s with alcohol prohibition? It's time to stop ruining people's lives over weed.
Maybe if the football players were not so smoked up they would play better.

As long as the people here saying Heupel should look the other way at what was probably an assault and robbery aren't complaining in a few months that "Heupel can't establish discipline in this team..... he isn't ready for the SEC...."

Shrug. We've seen it before. How much discipline needs to occur here? I dunno..... neither do you... because I don't know exactly what happened. I DO KNOW Coach Josh Heupel can't afford NOT to get to the bottom of this, especially as he begins his tenure as an SEC Head Coach. I'll trust the decision he makes about punishment because...... well, frankly..... I don't have a choice. But he's new to UT, he's green in the SEC, he's got the eyes of recruits and the NCAA on him, and my strong advice is for him to leave no doubt about tolerating knuckleheads.

If we want to change the culture on the Hill, we need to have a strong, firm hand leading the team.

Reactions: BreatheUT
This poor decision brings their intellect and morality into question. As for Kaidon, I was already questioning his intellect, and his ability to make good, quick decisions, with the ball, after watching Katy High School destroy him, by taking away his athletic ability in space, and pressuring him, mercilessly, and forcing him into three pics and a fumble. All of which resulted in points(1 pic-six). How is he ever going to handle an Alabama, UGA or LSU? Plus, he's a bit scrony.

I’ll get blasted for this, but I don’t care. Josh Heupel needs to set the tone right now. Make it known he is serious about turning this thing around. If you can’t be 100% in to the football program, then there is no place for you in Knoxville. Show these kids the door. This includes Salter.

"Turning this thing around" and wholesale "showing kids the door" don't jibe. Addition by subtraction doesn't work after all the subtraction we've had. Make them run til they puke and shorten the leash.

The one thing I haven't seen addressed or mentioned is that the reports say that one person assaulted the guy who opened the door, there were 5 individuals listed as the group who participated in the incident, and 4 football players were suspended. Who was the 5th person? Was he a football player or just a student or non-student? Was he the one who assaulted the guy who opened the door? Anyone have any info on the 5th guy?

As long as the people here saying Heupel should look the other way at what was probably an assault and robbery aren't complaining in a few months that "Heupel can't establish discipline in this team..... he isn't ready for the SEC...."

Shrug. We've seen it before. How much discipline needs to occur here? I dunno..... neither do you... because I don't know exactly what happened. I DO KNOW Coach Josh Heupel can't afford NOT to get to the bottom of this, especially as he begins his tenure as an SEC Head Coach. I'll trust the decision he makes about punishment because...... well, frankly..... I don't have a choice. But he's new to UT, he's green in the SEC, he's got the eyes of recruits and the NCAA on him, and my strong advice is for him to leave no doubt about tolerating knuckleheads.

If we want to change the culture on the Hill, we need to have a strong, firm hand leading the team.
The football program was better at playing and winning football games when the "Fulmer Cup" became a thing.

The football program was better at playing and winning football games when the "Fulmer Cup" became a thing.
Fulmer. The gift that keeps on giving. There's nothing like having thuggery immortalized by your former Coach and Athletic Director.

Indeed. Let's rehire Phil to turn the program around......

I don’t know the particulars of this case. But I do know that those campus notices go out all the time and are based on reports of a crime occurring on campus not based on the certainty of the crime. Universities are required by federal law to notify and they do not want to be accused of hiding on-campus safety risks.

Fulmer. The gift that keeps on giving. There's nothing like having thuggery immortalized by your former Coach and Athletic Director.

Fun fact...Tennessee under Fulmer never won the “Fulmer Cup”. The name was invented by our rivals, Georgia or Alabama fans would be my guess. Both Georgia and Alabama have been winners.

This poor decision brings their intellect and morality into question. As for Kaidon, I was already questioning his intellect, and his ability to make good, quick decisions, with the ball, after watching Katy High School destroy him, by taking away his athletic ability in space, and pressuring him, mercilessly, and forcing him into three pics and a fumble. All of which resulted in points(1 pic-six). How is he ever going to handle an Alabama, UGA or LSU? Plus, he's a bit scrony.
Cuz you are your worst high school game. 😴

Reactions: kbear01

I think you missed the point.

I never implied that I wanted Fulmer back.

Truth is that the University of Tennessee football program was better at playing football and winning games in 1995 when they had 9 players arrested during an 11-1 season that was capped of with Bill Duff smacking Eddie George in the mouth.

In 2004 there were 10 or so arrested and the team went 10-3, beating Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl.

I never even said it was a good thing.

Simply stated that Tennessee Football was better at playing games and won more during a time where Fulmer had a game invented using his name, due the the amount of off season arrest that happened in Knoxville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back