Kaidon Salter suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give us a case history...since you’ve done the research. If this is pretty much predetermined, they wouldn’t be on the roster. Was Banks this time last year?
No need to be patronizing. All I’m saying is I wouldn’t take the fact that he’s currently still on the roster as definitive proof that he will not be dismissed from the team. I personally doubt he will get kicked off the team from this particular instance alone, but I can’t say with complete confidence that it isn’t a possibility. And I am not sure I understand your question in regards to Banks. Are you asking if he was on the roster as of March 26, 2020 (this time last year)? The answer to that would be no, as he was dismissed from the team on 10/4/19 following an arrest on 9/15/19.

I’ll get blasted for this, but I don’t care. Josh Heupel needs to set the tone right now. Make it known he is serious about turning this thing around. If you can’t be 100% in to the football program, then there is no place for you in Knoxville. Show these kids the door. This includes Salter.
This incident is far more important to Coach Heupel than just these 4 players. He's new to the SEC, to the school, to this level of coaching.

The players "loved Jeremy Pruitt" as we all know. Some likely loved the fringe benefits he apparently provided but some also loved his "leadership" during situations like the Kenneth George incident. So you assaulted a police officer? Not a big problem....... That kind of "leadership" and "accountability" can buy you the player's love but not their respect.

UT needs to move away from the Pruitt era of "leadership" and I hope Coach Heupel realizes this is an opportunity to do exactly that.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
View attachment 359089
It is what it is. If they get another chance to play football they can thank the "snitches get stitches" code of conduct. Regardless, thuggery 15 minutes after you move into your dorm room doesn't inspire confidence moving forward. But I agree. Salter will most likely get another chance.
This is the first I'm hearing of any of it. Of course I wasnt there, but if he and whomever else on the team were involved in an incident as written above, they should all be kicked off the team.

View attachment 359089
It is what it is. If they get another chance to play football they can thank the "snitches get stitches" code of conduct. Regardless, thuggery 15 minutes after you move into your dorm room doesn't inspire confidence moving forward. But I agree. Salter will most likely get another chance.
They didn't know the victim? I wonder what the motive is. If the victim isn't black I assume this will be treated like a hate crime given the world we live in today.

The suspensions happened because they have to happen. You can’t have someone actively working out and being around individuals who are under investigation for a crime.
If the allegations were considered BS they wouldn’t necessarily have to be suspensions.

If the allegations were considered BS they wouldn’t necessarily have to be suspensions.
No one said the “allegations” were BS. Lol.

But they were suspended over being “charged” for simple possession. (A first-time charge of simple possession or casual exchange of a controlled substance under Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-17-418 is a Class A misdemeanor. This offense can be punished with up to 11 months and 29 days in jail and fines of up to $2,500.)

The police did not charge them with anything else. Which means they will probably do some sort of community service, then do some type of punishment from the Football team and then they will be back by Fall.

No need to be patronizing. All I’m saying is I wouldn’t take the fact that he’s currently still on the roster as definitive proof that he will not be dismissed from the team. I personally doubt he will get kicked off the team from this particular instance alone, but I can’t say with complete confidence that it isn’t a possibility. And I am not sure I understand your question in regards to Banks. Are you asking if he was on the roster as of March 26, 2020 (this time last year)? The answer to that would be no, as he was dismissed from the team on 10/4/19 following an arrest on 9/15/19.
Being on the roster means something.

He's part of the program now.
Perhaps I shouldn't have used "program" but I needed to include all things Tenn football related.
As long as you weren’t inferring Plowman was directing them to acquire doobage. 😉

Reactions: Other_Guy
They rolled up to where some guy lives, went in, robbed him, and assaulted him.

Regardless of charges or victim cooperation that is not a one practice suspension and forget it ever happened type of incident.
According to some posters here thats just "kids being kids" and "clowning".

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back