Kaidon Salter spring

Things that are said on this board arent meant to be directed AT a player. That's what Twitter is for. Nobody is delusional enough to think that kids would ever come to a lousy message board to browse comments LOL.

Here's what's going on here:

When fans get news that a highly rated QB has committed to the team they are filled with hope for the future. Hope that their underperforming team will get better. When said QB makes mistakes and makes them VERY publicly, that hope is taken away from them and replaced by frustration. This is simply a place for fans to come and vent when there is no other place to do so with like-minded people.

Nothing on this board should ever be taken as anything but that. Pretty simple.

So you think this thread is helping him?

I don't think it's helping or hurting. It's just a reminder that there are other things posted on this board besides "This Is Gone Be Our Year to Beat Florida" that contributes to "This is why everyone thinks we're stupid".

Just my opinion on an observation. No need to continue crying about it, after all, you think my opinion is dumb and I'm certain yours is.

By the way, post #7395 in the Recently watched movie thread...

*Than
If he reads the posts it could modify his behavior(if he has any value as a student athlete). BTW you threw out the word “dumb” to me so don’t cry about it if I throw it back at you.

If he reads the posts it could modify his behavior(if he has any value as a student athlete). BTW you threw out the word “dumb” to me so don’t cry about it if I throw it back at you.
If it could modify it one way it could the other. I'm sure you have his best interest at heart while joking about it. But all that's beside the point anyway and you know it is.

Dude, I know when my posts are dumb so you telling me means nothing. I wasn't throwing anything back just stating facts. But than, I think you already know that. Lol.

Can we be done with this now?

If it could modify it one way it could the other. I'm sure you have his best interest at heart while joking about it. But all that's beside the point anyway and you know it is.

Dude, I know when my posts are dumb so you telling me means nothing. I wasn't throwing anything back just stating facts. But than, I think you already know that. Lol.

Can we be done with this now?
Who is joking about it ? I’m pissed that these 4 guys who were highly rated recruits that us fans hoped would be a positive impact to the program and screwed up so soon in their career here.

Yes his behavior could be modified the other way but wasn’t that a problem before when the suspensions occurred?

I don't understand why this is so hard to get. You are on a free ride scholarship. You are basically given the tools to succeed as an athlete trying to get to the next level. Do your homework, hang with your boys, and practice and play hard every day. Stay away from **** that's going to get you in trouble. If you wanna drink some beers or smoke a joint, do it behind closed doors or somewhere you can trust everybody. It's seriously not as hard as its made out to be. I understand that people make mistakes and most people deserve a second chance, but if you're going to blatantly put it out there that you don't give a **** and you're taking everything for granted, then I could care less if you're a 17 or 18 year old kid, **** off.

Things that are said on this board arent meant to be directed AT a player. That's what Twitter is for. Nobody is delusional enough to think that kids would ever come to a lousy message board to browse comments LOL.

Here's what's going on here:

When fans get news that a highly rated QB has committed to the team they are filled with hope for the future. Hope that their underperforming team will get better. When said QB makes mistakes and makes them VERY publicly, that hope is taken away from them and replaced by frustration. This is simply a place for fans to come and vent when there is no other place to do so with like-minded people.

Nothing on this board should ever be taken as anything but that. Pretty simple.
No, here's what's going on.

Some people think it's okay to come here, make fun of and trash a young college student. Then get defensive when they get called out for it. I've seen comments about how the nation has become "wussified" all the while grown men come here and show their masculinity by making fun of the young men that "let them down" and justify it by "I need to vent". Lol, that's ridiculous.

Again if he is not criticized often for the actions resulting in his suspension and for his missteps since then how do you expect him to change his behavior. Whoever is counseling him now is not getting it done with their approach because he is continuously doing things that reflect negatively on himself as a student athlete and UT.
Volunteer for the job then... I'm sure you'll do wonders for him.... 🙄

Many of the best coaches in History were strict disciplinarians. Once it was established the players knew what to expect and toed the line or didn’t make the cut. The players bought in to a no nonsense approach. That’s the kind of coach, players and team I want to be a fan of.
Then leave the Vols...that's not how Heupel operates.

No, here's what's going on.

Some people think it's okay to come here, make fun of and trash a young college student. Then get defensive when they get called out for it. I've seen comments about how the nation has become "wussified" all the while grown men come here and show their masculinity by making fun of the young men that "let them down" and justify it by "I need to vent". Lol, that's ridiculous.
You probably shouldn’t read the threads about players in the transfer portal. All it is is grown men trashing college students. I agree, if a college student you’ve never met causes you to need to vent, the real problem might be in the mirror.

I hope Salter gets an opportunity to grow and mature, either here or somewhere else.

I gotta stop watching his instagram live videos, it gets me so triggered...yesterday he goes live vaping....you know....staying in shape and healthy for when his second chance happens
tenor.gif

Any word on his father? The last I heard he was still hospitalized in Knoxville. I would think any announcement of punishment or transfer portal would have to come after Mr. Salter returns home in decent health. I see an "issue" coming with low character types bolting to the transfer portal when they finally get busted for something. Players caught up in bad decisions may be more likely to ride out the punishment.

Any word on his father? The last I heard he was still hospitalized in Knoxville. I would think any announcement of punishment or transfer portal would have to come after Mr. Salter returns home in decent health. I see an "issue" coming with low character types bolting to the transfer portal when they finally get busted for something. Players caught up in bad decisions may be more likely to ride out the punishment.
I think last week someone from or connected to the family said he was out of the hospital, and not to give up on Kaiden yet.

I think last week someone from or connected to the family said he was out of the hospital, and not to give up on Kaiden yet.

Im not throwing in the towel on KS just yet. But circumstances, poor choices before and after the Stokely disaster, and social media spotlight have got the towel resting across our collective shoulders just in case we need it. Here is hoping the young man can quickly read the tea leaves and change course. I will say this: I never thought JG would ever recover from several of his mis-steps, and yet when he showed some heart and love for the T, most of the fanbase was behind him (until things finally just flatlined). Still there is forgiveness in this base. I've seen it. So c'mon Kaiden, show us you can do this.

Im not throwing in the towel on KS just yet. But circumstances, poor choices before and after the Stokely disaster, and social media spotlight have got the towel resting across our collective shoulders just in case we need it. Here is hoping the young man can quickly read the tea leaves and change course. I will say this: I never thought JG would ever recover from several of his mis-steps, and yet when he showed some heart and love for the T, most of the fanbase was behind him (until things finally just flatlined). Still there is forgiveness in this base. I've seen it. So c'mon Kaiden, show us you can do this.
He is taking a toke break. It will be a while before he sees your post and even then he will probably laugh at it.

VN Store

Back