Kaidon Salter spring

I disagree with you completely. If Salter has any value , daily criticism getting back to him may initiate a change in his outlook and decision-making. Tough love is the way to go and the most effective.
Not everyone is motivated by negative criticism - for some it makes them want to go crawl in a hole and never come out. It has nothing to do with value but rather how a person responds to either negative or positive criticism. As a former football coach, I learned this early on that you can't motivate every kid the same way. I have 2 boys - I can challenge one and be tough on him and he responds, the other one requires a different approach. They both have tremendous value but respond differently.

For some, negative criticism just confirms what they already feel about themselves so they think why should I change, I'm already a piece of crap and that's what everyone thinks about me.

Last edited:
Update:

#7 jersey on the roster may no longer belong to KSalter with Joe Milton in town

Ez5lmzbWUAgxzMN

Not everyone is motivated by negative criticism - for some it makes them want to go crawl in a hole and never come out. It has nothing to do with value but rather how a person responds to either negative or positive criticism. As a former football coach, I learned this early on that you can't motivate every kid the same way. I have 2 boys - I can challenge one and be tough on him and he responds, the other one requires a different approach. They both have tremendous value but respond differently.

For some, negative criticism just confirms what they already feel about themselves so they think why should I change, I'm already a piece of crap and that's what everyone thinks about me.
Give them ultimatums for changing their behavior. If a player doesn’t see the light then and immediately modify his behavior then he is not worth the time.

Reactions: Tnphil
Wrong. Criticism scam come from anyone who spends money on the VN football program. It will happen regardless of whether you think it should or not. Accept that fact and you’ll feel netter.
It's criticism...opinions...are like a-holes.... Everyone has one... No one can stop that .. but it shouldn't be confused with any form of "love".... Believe that what the other poster was hinting at

Reactions: VolNExile
Nope. But it’s classless.
Is it? Seriously, I don't know. I guess it depends on context and the meaning/intent.. Young people's lingo today eludes me.....

Anyway, I put more stock into folks actions as opposed to the occasional crap that comes out of our mouths...

Is it? Seriously, I don't know. I guess it depends on context and the meaning/intent.. Young people's lingo today eludes me.....

Anyway, I put more stock into folks actions as opposed to the occasional crap that comes out of our mouths...
Considering he was involved in a robbery and assault and then used a few weeks later “n******** come thug with me,” I’d say it’s classless regardless of what’s hip.

Give them ultimatums for changing their behavior. If a player doesn’t see the light then and immediately modify his behavior then he is not worth the time.

Great parenting technique too... (I don't know how to blue font) This is the laziest take ever. You need to reach each athlete the way they will properly respond. If you're gonna give up on kids once they don't respond to an ultimatum, you are gonna lose half your roster...lol

Reactions: VolNExile
Considering he was involved in a robbery and assault and then used a few weeks later “n******** come thug with me,” I’d say it’s classless regardless of what’s hip.
Yea, that's where meaning and intent come in and I don't claim to know what his was.

By the way, has he been charged by police with robbery and assault? Serious question, because I don't know that for a fact...

Reactions: Evergrenevol
I have a slightly different outlook on it. We’re not trying to raise our kids to be good KIDS. We’re trying to raise them to be good ADULTS. Therefore anything done that’s unacceptable in the real world is unacceptable in mine no matter the age. Once you start making excuses for behavior, you begin to CRIPPLE them for real life ahead and basically all you’ve done is hand them to the “entitled” crowd.

Its the 21st century. Words are weaponized, and they hurt people bro. Where is your empathy and altruism? You're a monster!

Reactions: tbh and m1al
I have a slightly different outlook on it. We’re not trying to raise our kids to be good KIDS. We’re trying to raise them to be good ADULTS. Therefore anything done that’s unacceptable in the real world is unacceptable in mine no matter the age. Once you start making excuses for behavior, you begin to CRIPPLE them for real life ahead and basically all you’ve done is hand them to the “entitled” crowd.
Don't disagree. What I take issue with (and poke fun at) is the mob mentality that seems to prevail here and the instant presumption of guilt and punishment based on mosly message board gossip that goes along with it..

Don't disagree. What I take issue with (and poke fun at) is the mob mentality that seems to prevail here and the instant presumption of guilt and punishment based on mosly message board gossip that goes along with it..
I get it. But we don’t know all the info on the “altercation” with the “robbery”. But undoubtedly Heupel does. And IF Salter was willingly there and apart of, he should be treated as an adult. On a football message board it seems harsh to pull his scholarship but in LIFE it’s a slap on the wrist.

Yea, that's where meaning and intent come in and I don't claim to know what his was.

By the way, has he been charged by police with robbery and assault? Serious question, because I don't know that for a fact...

As a minor, I don't believe that info will be made public unless someone leaks it...which I believe would be illegal.

Reactions: m1al
I get it. But we don’t know all the info on the “altercation” with the “robbery”. But undoubtedly Heupel does. And IF Salter was willingly there and apart of, he should be treated as an adult. On a football message board it seems harsh to pull his scholarship but in LIFE it’s a slap on the wrist.
If CJH knows all there is to know and hasn't booted him by now, it's a fair guess he wasn't charged and will be back, assuming he wants to be back...

If CJH knows all there is to know and hasn't booted him by now, it's a fair guess he wasn't charged and will be back, assuming he wants to be back...
Well see what happens. It was just recently he learned he had depth at the position. Now that it’s been confirmed, I can see him waiting a little while if that’s what he wanted to do. If he does it now before the dust settles, it’ll be a dead giveaway what Milton was TRULY brought here for.

Great parenting technique too... (I don't know how to blue font) This is the laziest take ever. You need to reach each athlete the way they will properly respond. If you're gonna give up on kids once they don't respond to an ultimatum, you are gonna lose half your roster...lol
Your take is is exactly what is wrong with today’s younger generation. They have been pampered too much and it has had a negative impact on society as a whole.

Why don't you all f-fade away (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Don't try to dig what we all s-s-s-say (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to 'cause a big s-s-sensation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation (talkin' 'bout my generation)

With kindness, in answer to your initial question, “Is it?”: y-e-s .

Why don't you all f-fade away (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Don't try to dig what we all s-s-s-say (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to 'cause a big s-s-sensation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Okee dokey artichokie.

Yes, it's classless.

VN Store

Back