Kaidon Salter spring

Guys. This kid has a dad who has had some traumatic health issues, and he is acting out. He needs help. Not classless posts. He made mistakes. He will suffer his punishment and consequences, and hopefully learn from it. I am all for a good joke, but posts like this do not help anything.

Guys. This kid has a dad who has had some traumatic health issues, and he is acting out. He needs help. Not classless posts. He made mistakes. He will suffer his punishment and consequences, and hopefully learn from it. I am all for a good joke, but posts like this do not help anything.
The thug statement makes me think that somewhere along the way he picked up the wrong definition of becoming a man. Like manhood means you go from being scared to intimidating other people. Hopefully he decides that being a man means that you develop principles and stand for what's right. Hopefully, as you said, he learns that doing dumb stuff leads to bad consequences. His family needs him to man up in a different way right now.

I remember everyone getting wound up over his "thug" comments a couple of weeks ago.

Chalk it up to miscommunication due to age difference. It does not mean the literal "come commit crime with me" that some of you guys seem to think it does. Another common phrase is... "Come f#@K with me". Do you guys think this is asking for "intercourse"?

lol. Good grief gentlemen. You guys would have a heart attack if you spent 5 minutes in any football locker room in the country.

I remember everyone getting wound up over his "thug" comments a couple of weeks ago.

Chalk it up to miscommunication due to age difference. It does not mean the literal "come commit crime with me" that some of you guys seem to think it does. Another common phrase is... "Come f#@K with me". Do you guys think this is asking for "intercourse"?

lol. Good grief gentlemen. You guys would have a heart attack if you spent 5 minutes in any football locker room in the country.
Everyone who has ever set foot on a football field or basketball court for any length of time learns: when you're in trouble with the coach, keep your head down..... do your job..... don't bring attention to yourself.

Everyone who has ever had a Momma or Granny knows, when they're pissed at you: stay outta sight.... don't make a ton of noise...... wait it out quietly.

Salter has spent plenty of time being coached and parented by now yet still while suspended he chose to complain about not getting attention for his birthday and being ignored then to suggest folks "come thug with me" (if it was an innocent comment, why delete it? Hmm?)

Salter brought this on himself not just once, not just twice, but three times. It's a pattern.

If Derek Barnett told a recruit "come thug with me" after a dominant performance on the defensive line, I would assume he wanted the recruit to join a powerful defense.
I don't object to a new generation using old words in a different way.
I'm just saying it would be better for Kaidon to mature into a more responsible young man.
Other players have grown from their mistakes. I hope Kaidon does also.

If Derek Barnett told a recruit "come thug with me" after a dominant performance on the defensive line, I would assume he wanted the recruit to join a powerful defense.
I don't object to a new generation using old words in a different way.
I'm just saying it would be better for Kaidon to mature into a more responsible young man.
Other players have grown from their mistakes. I hope Kaidon does also.
I'm not sure if you're aware of this but the last "play" Salter was apparently involved with wasn't a "dominant performance" on the field, so using your logic...... I can only assume he was referring to his last "play." I'd just as soon he not recruit those kind of players.

Reactions: ButchPlz

Lighten up. It was a joke that brought some laughter to the board. Seems like America could use more of that. We're soooo serious about everything. Go watch a "Dean Martin Celebrity Roast" . A time when people could laugh at themselves.

Yea well, it helped me; I thought it was funny.

Lighten up. It was a joke that brought some laughter to the board. Seems like America could use more of that. We're soooo serious about everything. Go watch a "Dean Martin Celebrity Roast" . A time when people could laugh at themselves.

That was a different era, and today, with people hiding behind a user name on social media, it's often a different error

The thug statement makes me think that somewhere along the way he picked up the wrong definition of becoming a man. Like manhood means you go from being scared to intimidating other people. Hopefully he decides that being a man means that you develop principles and stand for what's right. Hopefully, as you said, he learns that doing dumb stuff leads to bad consequences. His family needs him to man up in a different way right now.
Wow, he is a teenager who made some bad decisions. I think you may be projecting some negative past experiences on a kid you don’t even know. He’s just a kid playing football, he is not obligated to adhere to your “principles”.

Wow, he is a teenager who made some bad decisions. I think you may be projecting some negative past experiences on a kid you don’t even know. He’s just a kid playing football, he is not obligated to adhere to your “principles”.
“Principles” you talking about the “law” I’m pretty sure everyone is suppose to adhere to the law. If not their are consequences, sometimes severe ones.

VN Store

Back