Kaiden Salter annointed as next Deshaun Watson

QB guru Trent Dilfer has just made the statement that incoming vol freshman QB compares closely and could become the next Deshaun Watson! We are about to enter a return to glory these next few years. This is great news to hear, and especially now that he will be playing in a pass happy explosive CJH offense!
You mean he wants out of Houston also ?

QB guru Trent Dilfer has just made the statement that incoming vol freshman QB compares closely and could become the next Deshaun Watson! We are about to enter a return to glory these next few years. This is great news to hear, and especially now that he will be playing in a pass happy explosive CJH offense!
I hope he right, even half as good as Watson would be fine. However I don’t know if he has ever been critical of a QB.

Let the kid face down SEC talent before crowning him. I bet he will do well but this isn't high school.

Reactions: tbh
He will break all of Tom Brady’s NFL records his first year at Tennessee. Book it.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13302-1370975765-2.gif

You just said QB guru....Trent Dilfer...His anointment, thats like being on a Madden cover.

"annointed" and "could become" are not synonymous.

I'm pretty sure Samuel didn't annoint David as the "Could-Become" King of Israel.
(Or... Rafiki didn't annoint Simba as the "Could-Be" Lion King.)

This is Difler on Guarantano:

Trent Dilfer, head of the Elite 11 and former NFL quarterback, during Guarantano’s recruitment.
“He’s almost too talented,” Dilfer said, via FOX Sports. “Essentially, Guarantano can make every throw in the book — and do so with unmatched speed and power… He’s got everything you could ever want.”

Unmatched speed and power ? Everything you could ever want !!

Renowned QB guru reportedly views Tennessee’s Jarrett Guarantano as the SEC prototype under center

Other QB guru comapred him to Cam Newton !!

so take it with a grain of salt :)

1613427546192.gif

BS

You guys really think Dilfer's going to give an interview and be like "yeah, I dunno, he kind of throws like my sister and is really innaccurate with the ball. I'd comp him to Helen Keller in terms of vision and accuracy."

When comparing him to Deshaun Watson (and same for the JG comp to Newton) he's basically saying "the kid is dual threat quarterback."

It would seem that Dilfer was commenting on JG's ability to make throws and his athleticism. Neither of those things seemed to be the issue with him on gamedays...it was his complete lack of decision-making skills and inability to process things at the speed of SEC-caliber live action. (Hence his "fantastic" practices year after year.)
You forgot his inability to compensate for an offensive line that thought 1.5 seconds was long enough to hold a pass block.

Reactions: Teeboy
I'd prefer him to become the first Kaiden Salter.

SEC is a QB league now, so if we're in the game w/ QB's that's how you build a program quicker than the slow and methodical build which Pruitt was attempting. All other things being equal, this staff needs to be bold. Salter may not be the best QB for JH's offense, but if he is, don't wait until game 7 to get him in the game.

In terms of physical tools, he was right. Didn't say he had what was needed between the ears. 😁
Correct. Said he could make all the throws which he could. On the field at this level is a wait and see just like guys like Leaf in pros. In CHRIST Alone

JG probably was good at practice, because he knew he wouldn't be hit. When the live bullets starting flying is when his mental clock exploded. Our offensive line also wasn't anything to boast about at giving him a lot of time to make the best decisions. Enough about him, here's to hoping the Vol Train gets back on the tracks. Go Vols!

Some guys, especially when they are young, just have that gamer instinct. You don't always really see it in camps or practice, but when the lights come on. . . Dobbs had a lot of this. . .

Some players have the opposite. . .

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
Dilfer watched him live and sees alot of talent. I have watched his film several times and his talent bust off the tape Salter is really talented. Next level will see if he continues to develop if so he will be All Sec type talent which means he will get Drafted. In CHRIST Alone

This is Difler on Guarantano:

Trent Dilfer, head of the Elite 11 and former NFL quarterback, during Guarantano’s recruitment.
“He’s almost too talented,” Dilfer said, via FOX Sports. “Essentially, Guarantano can make every throw in the book — and do so with unmatched speed and power… He’s got everything you could ever want.”

Unmatched speed and power ? Everything you could ever want !!

Renowned QB guru reportedly views Tennessee’s Jarrett Guarantano as the SEC prototype under center

Other QB guru comapred him to Cam Newton !!

so take it with a grain of salt :)
Was just about to mention that old assessment.

JG probably was good at practice, because he knew he wouldn't be hit. When the live bullets starting flying is when his mental clock exploded. Our offensive line also wasn't anything to boast about at giving him a lot of time to make the best decisions. Enough about him, here's to hoping the Vol Train gets back on the tracks. Go Vols!
JG was broken mentally playing behind those awful lines in 2017-18. It could have happened to alot of guys. He isn't some p---y though, 99% of the guys on here who are so critical of him couldn't take the beating he took and go back out there.

VN Store

Back