Ju'Wuan James Out For The Year

The players union encouraged players to skip offseason workouts at team facilities. He was working out there until last week when he decided to support the players union's wishes.

There is a lesson here about being a vocal warrior and taking your eye off the target. His job was to do everything in his power to take care of himself and family and not to give in to meaningless shows of support. And wow, unity is expensive. Who thinks the players union picks up the difference in lost money? Yeah, I don't think so. Sorry for the big guy.

Mahomes pointed out that it's crazy there's a clause where he can lose his salary for doing off season workouts. Why would any player now work out any other facility if there is a chance it costs them $10 million bucks? Especially during covid. Gonna be a lot of out of shape players come preseason.

Also, James may be regretting sitting out a year for covid losing the first ten million. Gotta get that bag when you can.

Good luck to you and hope you can recover and make some money.

Mahomes pointed out that it's crazy there's a clause where he can lose his salary for doing off season workouts. Why would any player now work out any other facility if there is a chance it costs them $10 million bucks? Especially during covid. Gonna be a lot of out of shape players come preseason.

Also, James may be regretting sitting out a year for covid losing the first ten million. Gotta get that bag when you can.

It isnt crazy at all. He is an investment to them. They do it to emphasize his workouts should be done under the supervision of their professionals.

I suppose the rationale is so the injuries can be verified by the team’s staff to be football-training related. Still harsh though.

Man that hurts plus I think the big guy is getting close to end of that contract too.
A guy his size and the way he attacks, an Achilles might be a career ender.

Pray that it's not...speedy recovery Mr. James !!!
Doctors and in 2021 can surely fix it.and he will have over a year to get back.

Reactions: IndianaVol
What was the NFLPA justification for telling players not to work out at team facilities?

If that was in my contract I’d never lift anything outside of team facilities. Get married? Sorry baby, I can’t carry you through the front door. Flat tire? Better call AAA for that.

It isnt crazy at all. He is an investment to them. They do it to emphasize his workouts should be done under the supervision of their professionals.
So go tweet at mahomes who thinks it's crazy

The players union encouraged players to skip offseason workouts at team facilities. He was working out there until last week when he decided to support the players union's wishes.
Just another prime example of how unions have outlived their usefulness.

Before you start hurling rocks know that my father in law and brother in law are both in a union and I have been a card carrier in two separate unions as well... they're all corrupt.

The NFLPA should have to pay his salary since they are the ones that advised players to do this. They do all this talking about fighting for the players. Show us if that’s accurate or not by footing the bill if the Broncos decide not to pay him.

There is a lesson here about being a vocal warrior and taking your eye off the target. His job was to do everything in his power to take care of himself and family and not to give in to meaningless shows of support. And wow, unity is expensive. Who thinks the players union picks up the difference in lost money? Yeah, I don't think so. Sorry for the big guy.

You just nailed it. The Union will give token support; then be gone. People need to learn to look out for #1! (and maybe start doing their own thinking)

I hate this for Ju'Wan James. VFL. But I am not going to lie. I don't cry for the Donkeys. After their decades of dominance over the Chiefs, I do enjoy watching the franchise be run into the ground by old horse teeth himself, Elway.

c93ef265ddde1b2dd8654d8cb9a90186.jpg

giphy.gif

Reactions: peaygolf
Awful, I really hate it for him. It is not jus the physical pain, or the loss of the money he was due to earn... It has a mental aspect to it as well. These super freak athletes have been told their entire lives they are invisible and when reality sets in it can be very difficult for them to get their mind wrapped around a new reality.

I wish him the very best. He is a VFL.

Horrible injury.

On the money side, he should not have worked out off site. This is common sense. He's given free access to state of the art training and recovery facilities and resources, he should use them. These teams invest a lot of money in these guy's physical capabilities. When you put those capabilities in danger, you put their investment in danger. There are also clauses in these contracts about riding motorcycles, skydiving, bull riding, visiting Memphis, and other hazardous activities.

Not sure how the NFLPA can fight it when they agreed to it.

James had been specifically named in the league's memo Tuesday. In that memo, it was outlined under the "Non-Football Injuries"designation that teams like the Broncos would have "no contractual obligation" to pay players like James their salaries if they were injured away from the team facilities.

The memo also outlined why a player's salary would be paid if the injury had been suffered during a workout at a team's complex. The memo also mentioned: "Clubs are encouraged to remind players of the significant injury-related protection provided if they choose to work out at the club facility and the risks they undertake in choosing to train at a non-NFL location.''

James has a $10 million salary guarantee for the 2021 season the Broncos would not have to pay, according to the collective bargaining agreement, because he suffered the injury at another site. The union also pointed out in its email Thursday that although the NFI designation has been part of the CBA for some time, the league has "never, ever sent such a memo about voluntary workouts."

Union calls NFL memo 'gutless' in reply to players

VN Store

Back