Justin Powell leaving UT

I'm not sure that Powell will ever appreciably build upon his freshman year magic, but I think he could be all-conference and maybe (someday) a potential POY candidate at a low-major. BTO mentioned playing overseas (at least that's what I'm assuming "pro" meant) as an option, which seems like a better route than trying his luck at another Power 6 school.

I had such high hopes for him. Thought he was going to be the lethal 3pt shooter we seem to always be missing. Oh well.
He got sick early in the year and it seemed like he checked out. I hate to judge a situation from the outside and maybe I’m wrong but I think there’s enough to wonder what kind of competitor he is. That’s not something that changes with the scenery

Yeah he didn't really add anything at all once games started to matter. He probably had a bigger role this year, but no even guarantee of that. Rather get someone who wants to be here.

Reactions: lenoxvol
I wish that he would have stayed to add some more experience, but if he sees a better opportunity somewhere else can’t blame him. He’s a borderline international ball player so he probably needs more PT if he’s going to pursue a contract.

He got sick early in the year and it seemed like he checked out. I hate to judge a situation from the outside and maybe I’m wrong but I think there’s enough to wonder what kind of competitor he is. That’s not something that changes with the scenery
Injuries/illness have followed him all over at every place he's been. I think your concerns are probably noteworthy.

VN Store

Back