Justin Fields ruled eligible to play immediately @ OSU

The whole thing is BS, but I'm all for anytime a player can get the upperhand. It's ridiculous how much money college football makes and the control they use over people who they don't come close to compensating.
Do you have any idea the perks (within and outside the rules) a college athlete gets....much less a basketball or football player? And they are being taken advantage of!????? Please

Do you have any idea the perks (within and outside the rules) a college athlete gets....much less a basketball or football player? And they are being taken advantage of!????? Please
Yes I do. I saw it firsthand. But at the same time, my sport wasn't generating millions.

I can't help it. I enjoy it when the NCAA cartel gets its hand forced.

Reactions: Remy
Yes I do. I saw it firsthand. But at the same time, my sport wasn't generating millions.

I can't help it. I enjoy it when the NCAA cartel gets its hand forced.

Honestly, didn’t even see who posted, I just read the quote. I would have known you saw it since I know you played. My fault on that.

But I don’t think athletes are being taken advantage of. I got tons of free “stuff” and played freaking golf. I have to disagree.......

Great...all we need to do is buy tickets behind the bench of a "potential" transfer player....yell insulting remarks towards said player while dressed in home team garb. Lure player to your school. Have player claim racism as reason for transfer.

Great...all we need to do is buy tickets behind the bench of a "potential" transfer player....yell insulting remarks towards said player while dressed in home team garb. Lure player to your school. Have player claim racism as reason for transfer.
Just don't think I could ever bring myself to put on anything gator related.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Everyone is offended, discriminated against, put upon, disparaged, etc...these days. This is the era of victimhood.
Doesn't really have anything to do with that. It's just a guy taking advantage of a situation where he knows the NCAA isn't going to push back. I don't see how you can really blame him.

Doesn't really have anything to do with that. It's just a guy taking advantage of a situation where he knows the NCAA isn't going to push back. I don't see how you can really blame him.
And I'm just glad @VolunteerHillbilly isn't my attorney. I called this over and again when it first came down and lots didn't think he would be able to prove anything since his sister was gonna go to jawja anyway.I don't think that fields did anything, his attorney knew what buttons to push and Georgia and the ncaa weren't going to do anything other than capitulate. A lawyers job is to get results for their client regardless of whether they " believe" he was damaged by words.

And I'm just glad @VolunteerHillbilly isn't my attorney. I called this over and again when it first came down and lots didn't think he would be able to prove anything since his sister was gonna go to jawja anyway.I don't think that fields did anything, his attorney knew what buttons to push and Georgia and the ncaa weren't going to do anything other than capitulate. A lawyers job is to get results for their client regardless of whether they " believe" he was damaged by words.
Exactly... They know nobody is going to touch this situation with a 10 for pole.

Reactions: Remy
As of yesterday, 51 of the 63 football players that have appealed to the NCAA for immediate playing time in the transfer portal have been granted immediate eligibility.

Free agency is now upon us.

Reactions: C/O and Remy
As of yesterday, 51 of the 63 football players that have appealed to the NCAA for immediate playing time in the transfer portal have been granted immediate eligibility.

Free agency is now upon us.

And yet both Gibbs and Solomon wait. Imagine that.

Reactions: Remy and Plecoptera

True but I enjoyed venting.

Even as a UGA fan I can't fault Fields for using the tools necessary to help his future. The NCAA and schools make a ton of money off the kids while penalizing them for something as simple as selling autographs. IMO eventually the NCAA will have to pay the athletes or risk losing them to an NFL developmental league that will probably gain traction at some point. A lot of the kids don't come from well off families and would probably choose to go to a developmental or minor league where they can get money to help themselves and their families.

Yeah. Lucky for me I don't have to take those kind of clients. If it came down to starve versus compromise principles, I'd find a new line of work.

Reactions: bag12day
NCAA is weak!
They could have played this much better, to leave themselves room in the future.

The NCAA should have stuck to their written rules. If the courts ruled in favor of Justin Fields, they could comply, but they wouldn't have compromised their principals/rules. As it is - the NCAA has put themselves in the position of drawing a grey line, instead of letting lawyers and judges do it - and I'm guessing the grey line will keep moving

And you know this how? Are you black?

Not feeling safe on campus with someone like that person who racially attacked him is a legitimate reason to wanting to transfer.
If he truly didn’t feel safe he would’ve transferred when it happened, not months later after the season ended.

I am available to shout insults at anyone wanting to transfer. Contact for pricing of the various levels of insult.

VN Store

Back