Justin Coleman signs 4-year $36m deal with Lions

Butch isn't a coach but he played one on TV every Saturday in the Fall of the year until his series was cancelled. His new TV show is called, " Coffee for You and I do Windows Too".

Last edited:
Well, considering the plethora of colleges that have been clamoring for him as a head coach over the last couple years......

Oh how I would love to see him saunter into town again in 2020 on Bama's sideline at Neyland and with Pruitt and team administering a huge butt whoopin on the field.
Any thoughts on a place for that cigar?

Never been a butch fan
I was for about a year and a half. Completely lost me year 3 after the Oklahoma and Florida debacles. What a tool....and he certainly didn’t do Justin any favors with regards to player development. Whatever Coleman has done with his career, he’s done it with zero help from his college coaches, that’s for sure. From UDFA to the highest paid nickel DB in the NFL....great story.

Talk about defying all odds. I’m happy that he’s finding success but I don’t recall anyone giving him the slightest chance at making it to the league. I know I didn’t. Just goes to show that if you work hard enough, good things will happen for you.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Everyone at Volnation knew this would happen. He got burned early and often here. Got coached up and now is thriving.

Just like Kamara not reaching his potential on lyle.

Everyone at Volnation knew this would happen. He got burned early and often here. Got coached up and now is thriving.

Just like Kamara not reaching his potential on lyle.
Ehhh yes and no. Kamara showed out while here. Butch was just too stupid to start him. JC just got burnt here.

It didn't look like we would make it at first. I went back and looked at how his career started and where he played.

The Seahawks signed him in 2015 but was cut and didn't make the final roster. New England signed him off waivers but immediately released him. Later in 2015 he signed with the Pats as a practice squad player and made the roster as their 5th corner. In 2017 the Seahawks traded their 7th round pick to get him back.

It's awesome to see he's doing well though.
I wonder what clicked to make him such a highly coveted player all of a sudden. He always had speed, he just always appeared to be lost when he was on the field. Congrats to him for turning it around!

Oh how I would love to see him saunter into town again in 2020 on Bama's sideline at Neyland and with Pruitt and team administering a huge butt whoopin on the field.

Would love the team to show him where he could put that cigar.

Another VFL millionaire.

Why mention Jones at all? This is about JC working his way to being set for life. Nice job young man.

It'll be like an ESPN 30 for 30 or NFL feel good story on how Justin Coleman overcame the most incompetent coaching staff in the country to become one of the best Nickelbacks in the NFL.

There is not a single poster on this board that can say they were a Coleman fan, or knew he would make it...the truth in the matter is there were MULTIPLE threads on different weeks started about benching the guy because he got torched deep more than any DB i can remember at UT, and i have been watching every game for almost 40 years. Game losing torches. Again and again. We called him "Toast" in my house, because he was so easy to burn.

I am super happy for the guy, and hope he goes on to a Pro Bowl career. Nobody here can act like they were a fan though. It may have been Butchs fault not rolling safeties over the top to help him...but the truth is the guy got absolutely torched by everyones number 1 receiver, and opposing coordinators knew it and capitalized.

There is not a single poster on this board that can say they were a Coleman fan, or knew he would make it...the truth in the matter is there were MULTIPLE threads on different weeks started about benching the guy because he got torched deep more than any DB i can remember at UT, and i have been watching every game for almost 40 years. Game losing torches. Again and again. We called him "Toast" in my house, because he was so easy to burn.

I am super happy for the guy, and hope he goes on to a Pro Bowl career. Nobody here can act like they were a fan though. It may have been Butchs fault not rolling safeties over the top to help him...but the truth is the guy got absolutely torched by everyones number 1 receiver, and opposing coordinators knew it and capitalized.

He was used as a CB at Tennessee right? Maybe NB was a better fit.

I think it has more to do with the staff BJonesin players development though.

VN Store

Back