Justin Ammons signs

You’re so full of 💩 your eyes are brown. If not for scholarship $$$$, it was for his spot on the 35. Don’t act ignorant. CTV didn’t want him there at all........PERIOD!!!!!!

LINK, OR NOT TRUE...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: UTKARMA
Here is a hypothetical situation and how does everyone think a coach should handle it? This is real life stuff that happens every year. A kid tells his coach that I’m going to get drafted and signed. I want to go pro. What is a coach supposed to do? Sit on his hands and not recruit anyone just by chance the kid doesn’t get drafted and at the end wants to come back to school? If you think a coach should do that he will have a program that would be in last place in the SEC and be on the unemployment line. Remember you only have 11.7. Duplantis and Mangum were both not on scholarship this year. Those are the 2 best outfielders in the league and both were seniors. Now there are probably some instances where a kid tells a coach I’m signing and going pro and then something happens with the draft that he isn’t happy with and comes back. The coach already spent his money but will make something come available ale somehow someway through cuts, transfers , etc. Bottom line is this draft and 11.7 really handcuffs these coaches.

Reactions: RollerVol
Here is a hypothetical situation and how does everyone think a coach should handle it? This is real life stuff that happens every year. A kid tells his coach that I’m going to get drafted and signed. I want to go pro. What is a coach supposed to do? Sit on his hands and not recruit anyone just by chance the kid doesn’t get drafted and at the end wants to come back to school? If you think a coach should do that he will have a program that would be in last place in the SEC and be on the unemployment line. Remember you only have 11.7. Duplantis and Mangum were both not on scholarship this year. Those are the 2 best outfielders in the league and both were seniors. Now there are probably some instances where a kid tells a coach I’m signing and going pro and then something happens with the draft that he isn’t happy with and comes back. The coach already spent his money but will make something come available ale somehow someway through cuts, transfers , etc. Bottom line is this draft and 11.7 really handcuffs these coaches.

The answer is simple.

Either front load the $ so the kid doesn’t expect $ his senior year OR make sure he has the $ to come back if the draft doesn’t work out

Keep in mind we took two different recruits after the draft was over and that is plain ass wrong if any juniors thought they had the option of coming back on $ and don’t all of a sudden

The answer is simple.

Either front load the $ so the kid doesn’t expect $ his senior year OR make sure he has the $ to come back if the draft doesn’t work out

Keep in mind we took two different recruits after the draft was over and that is plain ass wrong if any juniors thought they had the option of coming back on $ and don’t all of a sudden
That is what they do. Everything is front loaded as I said in my earlier post. Everything is year to year. People love to speculate and have absolutely zero clue to what the truth is. Ammons wanted to sign and play pro ball. The staff did everything they could to make that happen. It then happened. That is exactly what happened. People then want to speculate that he was run off and his scholarship was taken away. That is 100 percent BS. They got two really good late recruits because they had scholarships available. Again I gave a hypothetical situation that has zero to do with Ammons. If a kid tells you Coach I’m not coming back next year I want to sign. The coach should then recruit and fill the spot and use scholarship money. Plain and simple however a lot of the times they are front loaded.

That is what they do. Everything is front loaded as I said in my earlier post. Everything is year to year. People love to speculate and have absolutely zero clue to what the truth is. Ammons wanted to sign and play pro ball. The staff did everything they could to make that happen. It then happened. That is exactly what happened. People then want to speculate that he was run off and his scholarship was taken away. That is 100 percent BS. They got two really good late recruits because they had scholarships available. Again I gave a hypothetical situation that has zero to do with Ammons. If a kid tells you Coach I’m not coming back next year I want to sign. The coach should then recruit and fill the spot and use scholarship money. Plain and simple however a lot of the times they are front loaded.

So ammons was given double % as a junior knowing he wasn’t getting any $ at all if he wasn’t drafted and came back to school?

If so then I agree all is well and done properly

If a kid tells you Coach I’m not coming back next year I want to sign. The coach should then recruit and fill the spot and use scholarship money.

I completely disagree. Most juniors are going to say they want to sign in the draft. Coaches simply can’t just spend all juniors money because they know they want to sign. They need to be able to have some wiggle room to keep them if the draft doesn’t work out if they weren’t front loaded. Very very few juniors would say they don’t want to sign if the draft works out

So ammons was giving double % as a junior knowing he wasn’t getting any $ at all if he wasn’t drafted and came back to school?

If so then I agree all is well and done properly
I have absolutely no clue what his scholarship situation was. He told the staff he wanted to sign and go pro. That is what he wanted to do. If he wanted to come back he would have. I was giving hypotheticals again not talking about Ammons. I just know that is how scholarships work. Freshman year x amount sophomore year x amount junior year x amount senior x amount (which is typically a very low amount)

I completely disagree. Most juniors are going to say they want to sign in the draft. Coaches simply can’t just spend all juniors money because they know they want to sign. They need to be able to have some wiggle room to keep them if the draft doesn’t work out if they weren’t front loaded. Very very few juniors would say they don’t want to sign if the draft works out
They do have wiggle room and that is where cuts come into play. If they want someone they will make room. Ricky Martinez told them in the Fall he wanted to sign he even almost signed out of Grayson. Every kid on this roster that signed and went pro wanted to do it and would have been back if they wanted too.

Then with all due respect stop posting absolutes saying you do know then
I know he wanted to sign and go pro. I have a friend in the Cardinals organization and they were taking a look at him. That’s all I Said as an absolute. I have no clue what his scholarship situation was and never said I did. It’s a moot point because he wanted to sign and did.

You said that was the wiggle room. You are the one that used that reference
The wiggle room is cutting kids who are never going to play because they aren’t good enough. It happens in every sport in college athletics. The saying is how many scholarships are open in is how many do they need to be open. Tennessee had 7 Baseball players that were juniors and signed. Could you imagine if the coaching staff didn’t recruit anyone to fill those spots and have all of these open scholarships in case those guys didn’t sign? The staff would be looking for new jobs in 2 years and the Vols would be in last place.

The wiggle room is cutting kids who are never going to play because they aren’t good enough. It happens in every sport in college athletics. The saying is how many scholarships are open in is how many do they need to be open. Tennessee had 7 Baseball players that were juniors and signed. Could you imagine if the coaching staff didn’t recruit anyone to fill those spots and have all of these open scholarships in case those guys didn’t sign? The staff would be looking for new jobs in 2 years and the Vols would be in last place.

Yes I agree cutting a younger player must happen if a junior decides to come back unless you saved money and then you don’t sign two other guys. That junior player has earned the right to come back to school and receive the scholarship money they believed to be theirs

Yes I agree cutting a younger player must happen if a junior decides to come back unless you saved money and then you don’t sign two other guys. That junior player has earned the right to come back to school and receive the scholarship money they believed to be theirs
And that is “wiggle room”

Ok so it never ok to cut $ from a junior coming back unless they were front loaded and knew it from the start?
Well yes and I think it would be foolish too. Again though with these big time talents. It’s understood from the start what the plan is. They want to go pro as a junior and they have no leverage anymore coming back as a senior. It’s a very low amount if any at all for there senior season. This happens too... player has x amount as a senior. He’s a 15th round pick. Hey coach I want to come back I believe I can be a top 3 round guy but I need more scholly money to come back. Coach wants him back as well really bad and makes it happen with wiggle room and gets him more money.

Well yes and I think it would be foolish too.

Again though with these big time talents. It’s understood from the start what the plan is. .

We agree on the first part

As for the second part, you have already admitted you don’t know what the plan was regarding the scholarship so please stop contradicting yourself

Reactions: Titan05
We agree on the first part

As for the second part, you have already admitted you don’t know what the plan was regarding the scholarship so please stop contradicting yourself
Dude. In Ammons situation I didn’t know. I was talking hypotheticals of how it usually goes. Ammons wanted to go pro and did. He Didn’t want to come back. I’ll say that for 10th time.

Dude. In Ammons situation I didn’t know. I was talking hypotheticals of how it usually goes. Ammons wanted to go pro and did. He Didn’t want to come back. I’ll say that for 10th time.

And we don’t know WHY he wanted to go ahead and sign after going undrafted. I hope he had the option to come back and get his scholarship and if so then all was done on the up and up. Hopefully that was the case but neither one of us knows

Reactions: Titan05
just a bystander here but the person in question didn't renew his apartment lease in the fall and had minimum credits to stay eligible, he wasn't coming back and told the staff this for a year. Staff used his money elsewhere as they should since they were told he's not coming back. Then he didn't get drafted which was a surprise to everyone, then the staff got him a free agent deal. Everyones happy now

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
just a bystander here but the person in question didn't renew his apartment lease in the fall and had minimum credits to stay eligible, he wasn't coming back and told the staff this for a year. Staff used his money elsewhere as they should since they were told he's not coming back. Then he didn't get drafted which was a surprise to everyone, then the staff got him a free agent deal. Everyones happy now

Good deal. Hope that’s all accurate

Thank you. Some are accusing the coaching staff for running him off and it’s complete BS. The staff went out of there to get him signed. Thanks for verifying the truth.

VN Store

Back