Just to stir things up a bit....

They still get a crack vs Denver. The AFC can possibly have 3 teams in the playoffs. Its rough

How many teams in NFL history have finished 11-5 after starting 0-2?

FWIW, i remember seeing a stat that like 4 out of the 6 teams that started 0-2 and then won 4 straight went to the Super Bowl (which the Saints failed to do last year). But you're right...0-2 usually spells disaster.

He'll still make the playoffs. Raiders are a good team. I got them going 11-5.

They will have a huge turnaround as the season progresses.

People who might actually know something about football, have them sub .500 or worse.

ESPN: 9-7
Sports Illustrated: 6-10
Sporting News: 7-9
CBS: 7-9
USA Today: 7-9
Bleacher Report: 5-11

In fact with their loss today, they are right in line with Paul Gutierrez's per-game prediction.

Reactions: HoptownVol
People who might actually know something about football, have them sub .500 or worse.

ESPN: 9-7
Sports Illustrated: 6-10
Sporting News: 7-9
CBS: 7-9
USA Today: 7-9
Bleacher Report: 5-11

In fact with their loss today, they are right in line with Paul Gutierrez's per-game prediction.

Can you tell me how many of those "people who know football" had the Bucs and Bengals making the playoffs before the season? Cause I did.

Can you tell me how many of those "people who know football" had the Bucs and Bengals making the playoffs before the season? Cause I did.

You realize you've already dropped a "small sample size" observation in another thread but sold on the Bengals?

As for the Bucs it's fun watching a 14yr veteran blow up like he's made a deal with a crossroads demon but you have to wonder if it can last. (and the Winston story is going to get REAL interesting at this rate.

*And your Bills better pick up the pace. They're next to last in PPG and YPG on offense.

Last edited:
Not sure where this is going at this point, especially the Bengals. At this point they've beaten the Bills* (considered by most to be fighting for the worst team in the league) and lost to the Colts.

As for the Bucs it's fun watching a 14yr veteran blow up like he's made a deal with a crossroads demon but you have to wonder if it can last. (and the Winston story is going to get REAL interesting at this rate.

*And your Bills better pick up the pace. They're next to last in PPG and YPG on offense.

Bengals didn't play the Bills.

Were people not high on the Bengals? I typically get my NFL chatter from The Ringer, and the guys on there liked the Bengals.

The Bucs will be a feather in D4H's cap, if this continues...but it's only week 2.

Were people not high on the Bengals? I typically get my NFL chatter from The Ringer, and the guys on there liked the Bengals.

The Bucs will be a feather in D4H's cap, if this continues...but it's only week 2.

My bad; obviously 1 I'm not paying that close attention at this point in the season and 2 I was looking at a schedule that included preseason.

There's going to be some interesting shiz go down with Winston considering what Fitz has going on at the moment. (though as you pointed out...game 2)

Gruden is 0-2 in his return to the NFL. Discuss.

Already 0-1 in the division. Big Ben + Rivers and Mahomes 2x against a below-average pass rush and that secondary. Maybe Carr gets hot and they back into a wildcard spot at 9-7 or 10-6. But the “Gruden is God” myth gets dispelled this go around.

Already 0-1 in the division. Big Ben + Rivers and Mahomes 2x against a below-average pass rush and that secondary. Maybe Carr gets hot and they back into a wildcard spot at 9-7 or 10-6. But the “Gruden is God” myth gets dispelled this go around.

Carr was hot as a pistol yesterday and they lost.

Bengals had the 3rd or 4th worst odds to win the Super Bowl going into the season according to Vegas. So there wasn't a lot of faith in them going into the season.

I don't think you get to put feathers in your cap when you miss as much as he does; when he's right it's more broken clock territory. Plus when your reputation is to make predicitons then constantly change them during the season or wait until the season is half over to make them, I don't think you're going to get any props.

Reactions: BeardedVol
Is Gruden so pissed at the Raiders for trading him to Tampa that he took this job, and the extreme paycheck, just to run the organization into the ground?

VN Store

Back