Just so you all know, the entire SEC especially LSU and UGA are praying that we don't make the playoffs

The way this season has been going, don't be surprised if LSU pulls a rabbit out of its arse and wins the SECCG. Then it's lights out for UT's playoff hopes. Still, if at 11-1 at seasons end, that would be one for the ages.
That would be an absolute mess and honestly wouldn't shock me if any of the 3 SEC teams got left out in that scenario. IMO we'd have a better resume than the other two... sucks that we may not get a chance to play UGA on a neutral field.

Ill also be honest and say i think UGa would beat UT handily again if they played again. They have five stars backing up five stars. And UT’s secondary play is still awful. They damn well should win the NC every year. Just as Saban pretty much should have. Bama still has five stars backing up five stars with a heisman qb and is just “pretty good” this year.
I definitely don't wanna go between the hedges again! I'd love to have faced Georgia at home though.
No way we best Alabama away, logic says we play Georgia BETTER at home.

And you know what i say? **** em.

Considering who LSU is playing in Atlanta, they have almost zero shot at it.

TCU is above us, but still needs to face Baylor and win its conference championship game. The loser of Ohio State/ Michigan won't get in imo.

The biggest threat is a potential 1 loss oac 10 champion like USC especially imo.

Not entirely sure we scare Georgia. That is probably our biggest advantage in a rematch

Reactions: DMichel123
You know I’m really starting to hate LSU. Their fans may be the worst. We totally dominate them at their place and now they’re like “are y’all going to Atlanta?” Makes me sick

Correct answer to that question is, "no, even though we whipped your asses AT YOUR HOUSE & beat Alabama, we're not, because the only team that beat us is going, and will also whip your asses".

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
I definitely don't wanna go between the hedges again! I'd love to have faced Georgia at home though.
No way we best Alabama away, logic says we play Georgia BETTER at home.
You did and the results were the same 41-17 last year. Where that play doesn’t seem to matter

I truly believe that neither one of those teams want to play us again this year.

LSU definitely wants to beat us because they think they played their worst game against us…Georgia doesn’t really care but they don’t think they have anything to prove (like the LSU and Bama fans do)…I don’t want us to play LSU again but if it were in the playoffs that would be fine. I would love to face Georgia in the National Championship Game. Not just because they beat us but they look like the best team in college football this year and that’s who I want to beat. And we know that if you split two games the team that wins the last game is the unquestioned greater team.

The funniest group demanding a rematch was the Oregon fans wanting another shot at Georgia…I guess they have good drugs in Oregon. That was almost criminal how badly Georgia beat them up…

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I get what you are saying; however, look what we are saying about Michigan (and rightfully so), who have they played to be undefeated?

We want the conference to be strong so that nobody can say that about us.

This year it is to our favor if the teams in the West that we play don’t lose to anyone but us other than Bama and LSU since we played and beat both of them.

For that reason I pull for other teams in the SEC as it helps us.

If you disagree, would you want to be like TCU?

I know after watching that game last night both they and Texas would not do well in our conference and if they make the playoffs they will get boat raced.

As I have posted before “A rising tide lifts all boats” and our boat is like all the others in the conference.
The rising Tide took too long though. I think the reason Bama is getting beat is that everybody else is finally getting better, but they have to face everybody else giving them their A game. I remember back when we were good in the 90's. It was tough to beat anybody, even Vandy some years, but we always did. We are in the position this year where we could sneak up on people until they ranked us #1 right before the biggest game of the year. That was offensive to UGA, so they brought their A game. If we had played them in September, we may have smoked them, however it wouldn't have been because we were better than them, it would have been because they didn't come to play.

You did and the results were the same 41-17 last year. Where that play doesn’t seem to matter

Wow. What an incredible passive-aggressive, needy, obnoxious post. As I have said, with rare exceptions, uga fans are just pure klass.

Reactions: CMcEver
Ive seen USC play a few times including the Utah game. They in my opinion are in the same situation we are. Offense is really good but defense needs improving. I could see USC losing to both UCLA and Notre Dame.

That’s been the MO of all of Lincoln Riley’s teams. Great offensively, not a semblance of defense. If USC had our schedule, they’d have 3 losses (minimum). They don’t even have a ranked win as of yet. Alex Grinch isn’t that great of a coordinator. They can’t stop the run whatsoever. They’ve forced turnovers in boatloads however.

Reactions: cwbytruckers
What's funny is seeing Georgia fans on Facebook saying we don't deserve the playoffs after losing. How quickly they forget Alabama beat them down in the sec championship, and they got in after losing that game.
The logical fan would want the teams they beat to perform well, especially if you want to keep that precious #1 seed, but we know UGA fans aren’t the brightest crayons in the box 😂

I don't think UGA cares who they play including Tennessee again. The final score didn't reflect how bad the loss actually was. UT has had a great year with a great QB and receiving group and it happened to coincide with Pitt,UF, and UA having down years (I could also say LSU because you don't know which team will show up on Saturdays). So the stars aligned good for UT this year. Problem is they ran into UGA who everyone thought would be having a down year with losing 15 players to the NFL but they look to be as good if not better than last year (more balanced offensively and defensively). I don't know why anyone would "want" to play them again instead of hoping they lose to someone else. UT does not stack up well against them because they lack the defense that UGA has. As far as recruiting goes I don't think Alabama or UGA really worry about it since if you look at the top of the rankings for next year you see the same old to familiar faces. LSU and Florida are also recruiting well.
Why is the majority of your fanbase such dip$hits then?

A different Tennessee will be there.
I agree, I know some think we arent in their league but we've played some good teams this year and played hard, Georgia is not that much better than Alabama and we gave them hell, it was a bad game and we will show up for the next one.

Reactions: wmcovol
That’s been the MO of all of Lincoln Riley’s teams. Great offensively, not a semblance of defense. If USC had our schedule, they’d have 3 losses (minimum). They don’t even have a ranked win as of yet. Alex Grinch isn’t that great of a coordinator. They can’t stop the run whatsoever. They’ve forced turnovers in boatloads however.
Agreed

Everyone is hoping TN fails? So nothing has changed 🤷🏼‍♂️
I don’t hope TN fails in reaching the cfb playoff. As I’ve stated before on this forum, a GA vs TN rematch would be great football. So the CFB fan in me very much looks forward to this game.

However, as a GA fan, I will admit that TN excels in the one facet of the game that could lead them to victory over GA. IMO that is TN’s ability to score quickly with explosive plays. I don’t think we will be beaten by an offense that thrives on 10-15 play drives. Our defense is too good, and will usually give up field goals at most. But an offense that scores on 1 or 2 plays is dangerous. That is what gives me concern with TN.

To me the biggest game changer before was that we had a semi healthy Jalen Carter. He allowed us to pressure Hooker. Can we again? Hopefully time will tell. If not, this game could be a shootout so long as Bennet plays well.

I’m not afraid of playing TN again, but certainly concerned.

I don't think UGA cares who they play including Tennessee again. The final score didn't reflect how bad the loss actually was. UT has had a great year with a great QB and receiving group and it happened to coincide with Pitt,UF, and UA having down years (I could also say LSU because you don't know which team will show up on Saturdays). So the stars aligned good for UT this year. Problem is they ran into UGA who everyone thought would be having a down year with losing 15 players to the NFL but they look to be as good if not better than last year (more balanced offensively and defensively). I don't know why anyone would "want" to play them again instead of hoping they lose to someone else. UT does not stack up well against them because they lack the defense that UGA has. As far as recruiting goes I don't think Alabama or UGA really worry about it since if you look at the top of the rankings for next year you see the same old to familiar faces. LSU and Florida are also recruiting well.
Yet here you are caring enough about Tennessee to make an account, and spend time on our boards, instead of yours. Hmmmm

Georgia doesn't care who else makes the playoffs.

Why would they be afraid of the Vols or ANY team for that matter?

True -- Tennessee would probably beat any of the other teams on a neutral field... EXCEPT Georgia.

georgia-bulldogs-georgia-football.gif

Georgia doesn't care who else makes the playoffs.

Why would they be afraid of the Vols or ANY team for that matter?

True -- Tennessee would probably beat any of the other teams on a neutral field... EXCEPT Georgia.

View attachment 514849
They care. Every sports page on social media is full of puppy fans worried Tennessee doesn't get in. A lot even saying they shouldn't because they already lost to Georgia, while forgetting your one title in 41 years came because of a rematch after Alabama spanked that butt in the sec championship. You guys are here on a Tennessee board, trying to convince us you aren't worried acting like you're a dynasty 🤣. One title isn't a dynasty, LSU and Ohio state are recently more dynasty programs than Georgia. I get it, I live here, see the delusion first hand every day. You're like Kentucky basketball fans for the past 5 years. Can't accept anyone beating you, even playing close. It's always "we beat ourselves ", "it was rigged ", etc. Now, go ahead and bark at me to "scare me off"🤣

VN Store

Back