Just how good is Georgia

XknoxvolsX

The only people who dislike winners are losers!
I watched the Ga Notre Dame game and thought both teams were very good. Then USCe beats Ga and I, like probably others, was taken aback.

Still, flukes happen like us with ki
Memphis in ‘96. Then, to have Michigan thump ND today:

NCAAF College Football Scores - NCAAF Scoreboard - ESPNm

has me reevaluating both teams. Maybe neither is all that good.

Reactions: feathersax
I watched the Ga Notre Dame game and thought both teams were very good. Then USCe beats Ga and I, like probably others, was taken aback.

Still, flukes happen like us with ki
Memphis in ‘96. Then, to have Michigan thump ND today:

NCAAF College Football Scores - NCAAF Scoreboard - ESPNm

has me reevaluating both teams. Maybe neither is all that good.

I believe you'll see a Georgia team that will be playing at an extremely high level against Florida.

I believe the Dawgs have been exposed and expect the Gators to win that one.

I think GA misses their receivers from last year worse than we thought. Stop the run as much as you can and then make Fromm beat you. He looked horrid against an SC defense that we just passed for 350 on. I know you can say you have down games, but that is a 3rd year QB who usually looks pretty good. For some reason their O line allowed pressure and it hurt his decision making. He was throwing off his back foot quite a bit in that game. I now think FL can win that one.

Reactions: Jaws
Not sure it'll be that close. Gators matchup horribly with Dawgs.

They were favorites against Tennessee: Meh game
They were favorites against SC: let down and loss

Florida: Big game on both fanbases and whomever wins goes to Atlanta. If they can get up for the game I can see it being a great game. That said they need to prove they can before Ill say they can win. They severely underestimate teams and expect to win because they’re Georgia. That’s not going to beat Florida any way you look at it.

Reactions: feathersax and Jaws
Not sure it'll be that close. Gators matchup horribly with Dawgs.

Florida matches up with Georgia better than SC did.

Hell, I can think of one spot where I like UGA’s players better, the o-line. I think Swift is a stud too. Fromm is supposed to be all-world but he’s looked average in large part because UGa is weak at WR and TE.

Trask is outplaying Fromm right now and Florida’s WR’s and Pitts at TE are excellent. I also think Florida doesn’t have to take a back seat to Swift with its own RB combination of Perine and Pierce.

On defense, Florida has the better DB’s, better MLB, and if Greenard and Zuniga are back, the best pass rush.

And Florida has the better head coach.

Florida matches up with Georgia better than SC did.

Hell, I can think of one spot where I like UGA’s players better, the o-line. I think Swift is a stud too. Fromm is supposed to be all-world but he’s looked average in large part because UGa is weak at WR and TE.

Trask is outplaying Fromm right now and Florida’s WR’s and Pitts at TE are excellent. I also think Florida doesn’t have to take a back seat to Swift with its own RB combination of Perine and Pierce.

On defense, Florida has the better DB’s, better MLB, and if Greenard and Zuniga are back, the best pass rush.

And Florida has the better head coach.

If Florida can get them on the edges Georgia will struggle

Kirby sucks on gameday and they have no one on the outside that scares anyone. Their defense is pretty solid. Special teams is solid. They're a good team not elite i don't think.

If Florida can get them on the edges Georgia will struggle

Agree with that.

But Georgia’s run game does worry me especially if UF’s two best DL are out or not full strength (Greenard and Zu). Those guys get after the passer but the less heralded thing they do is play really stout v the run. It’s a totally different defense without them and I could see the game playing out like last year where Georgia created a few turnovers and took over the game late with their run game.

I think it’ll be a slugfest.

Agree with that.

But Georgia’s run game does worry me especially if UF’s two best DL are out or not full strength (Greenard and Zu). Those guys get after the passer but the less heralded thing they do is play really stout v the run. It’s a totally different defense without them and I could see the game playing out like last year where Georgia created a few turnovers and took over the game late with their run game.

I think it’ll be a slugfest.

I think If they get creative they can get what they want as far as Florida goes. From watching 2, well 3 Georgia games and reading some comments from them they have been lacking creative. Their game is almost stale to me like they expect x,y, and z don’t work they go back to x expecting different results. When we all can agree with that talent they should be getting kids the ball by any means possible. Florida doesent need to go gadgety but maybe a step more creative and they’ll be fine until Georgia gets dirty.

Reactions: feathersax and Jaws
Hypothetical here:

Say the winner between Fla and Ga beats the winner between Ala and Lsu. It can happen and Richt almost did it a decade ago.

Does a one loss SEC champion go to the playoff? What about the SECG game loser from the west? Then, does the one loss Ala or Lsu from regular season get in?

Hypothetical here:

Say the winner between Fla and Ga beats the winner between Ala and Lsu. It can happen and Richt almost did it a decade ago.

Does a one loss SEC champion go to the playoff? What about the SECG game loser from the west? Then, does the one loss Ala or Lsu from regular season get in?

I think the SEC Champion gets the benefit of the doubt and gets in for sure. The rest is a great question, I would assume the SEC championship game loser gets in as long as that was their first loss.

VN Store

Back