Just curious - Would you go to Neyland now?

Would you go to Neyland?

• Yes

Votes: 374 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 251 40.2%

• Total voters
I was in Vietnam in 1968 and 1969 serving in the Army, and they gave us something similar to hydroxycloroquine to PREVENT malaria. We took it weekly. The first few times it's taken it gives you the drizzles, but your body becomes immune to it. If it's working for a LOT of patients, then someone explain to me the logic that the media is saying that Trump is giving "false hope"? Why not give it to ALL patients unless they have some sort of a condition where the drug might cause them to have adverse reactions? P.S. I KNOW . . . . the answer.

MAN! Thank you! And THANK YOU For You Service! Hydroxychloroquine is likely as safe as any drug. I know a Lady who took it for 20 Years-----Every Day---NADA issue. It's all Bullchit; because it's Trump's recommendation. Some people would rather see Death (Evidently) than for the Current President to get something right. How's that for Character?

MAN! Thank you! And THANK YOU For You Service! Hydroxychloroquine is likely as safe as any drug. I know a Lady who took it for 20 Years-----Every Day---NADA issue. It's all Bullchit; because it's Trump's recommendation. Some people would rather see Death (Evidently) than for the Current President to get something right. How's that for Character?
Do you really think political cheerleading on here does anything other than getting to read your own words??
If so, take it somewhere else, please.

Reactions: CSVol
Yes I would rather be around 2 vol fans on each side of me and in front and behind me than trying to get through the grocery store in the masses 2 or 3 times a month right now. Any day and twice on Sunday, it's obvious some of the mayors and governors are on a ego power trip trying to keep you in your house not because of the virus just because they think they can. Americans aren't going to give up freedoms for no good reason, we have obliterated the curve and there is nothing wrong with trying to keep it up through april but at some point folks are going to assemble in mass and there is nobody going to stop them. God Bless and GBO!

Without hesitation or fear... I have higher risk factors than many but not the kind that would make me worry about "somewhat" close contact in an open air space for 3 hours. About 3700 mostly elderly people lived in close quarters with each other on a cruise ship for more than a week. Even out of that inordinately vulnerable population... who touched the same surfaces and breathed the same air all day... only about 300 had any symptoms at all. Most of those were mild.

I have never avoided a crowd much less a sporting event and to my knowledge have never caught any virus due to attending one.

Well, when a person has a 70+ year record of being wrong and lying about it, some might lose trust in said person.

Reactions: VonVol2
well, since we basically get 12” per seat just divide total capacity by 6. Probably somewhere between 15k and 20k
I may be late, but rows of seats would have to be skipped too.

Maybe every other row could be used, probably would need to skip 2 rows.

This is not to be political so please don't take it that way. If you doubt what I'm saying please look it up. CDC, Navy News website, and various other articles.
In 2004 there was 35 deaths due to flu. Nobody taking a flu vaccine. MSM & CDC started increasing the numbers and we now have
25-45K deaths per year from the flu. Notice they offer free flu shots everywhere if you have insurance!!! According to CDC flu deaths are almost non existent this year. Wonder why??? Everyone with any lung or breathing issues get listed as Covid 19. According to a Dr in Minnasota (also a Senator) Hospitals receive $13K dollars if patient admitted with Covid 19 and receive $39K if placed on a ventilator. Also his state health dept is sending a 7 page document saying to put Covid 19 as cause of death if no other obvious reason.
The Navy ship sent to NY and California had treated less than 20 patients total, after being in those places for 4 or 5 days. The Samaritan's Purse hospital had less than a dozen patients in the first week.
I have many other questions on the "numbers" and reporting from MSM particularly CBS, who has been caught running false videos multiple times. Decide for yourself how wide spread this is and how many of your Constitutional rights are worth giving up because of information you don't know is true or not.
Tl;dr

No I wouldn't go, wouldn't take the chance of it being my last game. There will be others. I hope the country doesn't get back in the swing of things too early and we have a relapse. That would really be devastating.

Reactions: Col_Cathcart
I may be late, but rows of seats would have to be skipped too.

Maybe every other row could be used, probably would need to skip 2 rows.

Yeah, you would have to skip two rows to be sure, so in my limited mathematics mind you would first divide the 102K by three to get 34K. I thought it was 18" per seat, no? If 18", then the 6 foot distancing would mean dividing the 34K by 4 (6'/18") which gives about 8,500 fans that could possibly attend a game and meet the 6' guidelines if still in place. Not sure less than 1/12th of the capacity is worth allowing any fans to attend. Besides, I doubt that the 6' distancing would be maintained during a game. Say UT scores a touchdown against Florida. Do you really think fans won't be tempted to high five or hug or even worse, they may accidentally spit or cough on their fellow Vol fan as they're screaming?

Until there is a vaccine, a large part of folks would opt to stay at home. They will. It's easy to get on a forum and say you'd go to the game, but one would hope that a person's reasoning and logic would take over when making this decision. Would you really go see UT in Neyland if there was any shot of getting COVID-19. Football is entertainment. It's not life. No one with any logical sense would take that risk, would they? I mean if it were going back to work so that one can support themselves and their family...I see lot's of folk that would take that risk. But sitting around for 4-6 hours to see a football game? Nope

Last edited:
Reactions: Col_Cathcart
Yeah, you would have to skip two rows to be sure, so in my limited mathematics mind you would first divide the 102K by three to get 34K. I thought it was 18" per seat, no? If 18", then the 6 foot distancing would mean dividing the 34K by 4 (6'/18") which gives about 8,500 fans that could possibly attend a game and meet the 6' guidelines if still in place. Not sure less than 1/12th of the capacity is worth allowing any fans to attend. Besides, I doubt that the 6' distancing would be maintained during a game. Say UT scores a touchdown against Florida. Do you really think fans won't be tempted to high five or hug or even worse, they may accidentally spit or cough on their fellow Vol fan as they're screaming?

Until there is a vaccine, a large part of folks would opt to stay at home. They will. It's easy to get on a forum and say you'd go to the game, but one would hope that a person's reasoning and logic would take over when making this decision. Would you really go see UT in Neyland if there was any shot of getting COVID-19. Football is entertainment. It's not life. No one with any logical sense would take that risk, would they? I mean if it were going back to work so that one can support themselves and their family...I see lot's of folk that would take that risk. But sitting around for 4-6 hours to see a football game? Nope
It's more like 14" per seat in a lot of places. Neyland is just about the worst stadium on earth as far as social distancing lol.

I was thinking about this. If we do not have a vaccine by fall (which I personally think we will) and it appears by the President's remarks yesterday sports will proceed with some rules on limiting fans:

“Many of them are going to be starting without the fans,” President Trump said, “so it’ll be made for television. The good old days, made for television. And it’ll go that way and then fans will start coming in, maybe they’ll be separated by two seats. And then ultimately, we want to have packed arenas. When the virus is gone, we’re going to have packed arenas, and we’re going to be back to enjoying sports the way they’re supposed to be.”

What if we just allow the ticket holders to attend the games since they are so much more heavily invested in Tennessee football and spread them out. Ironically, this has been proposed by smarter people than myself and they are calling it the "checkerboard" concept. What school is better at checkerboarding than Tennessee?

Reactions: HalfullVol

VN Store

Back