Just bring Butch back

Without Dobbs, Butch doesn't get past year 3. Player development, and oline recruiting were nonexistent, his coaching hires and retention were generally bad. He couldnt even evaluate the talent he had on the team well.

No, Pruitt being a bad HC himself doesn't change the fact that Butch is a bad HC.

My wife and I were discussing the Tennessee coaching quandary this morning while eating our warm scones, and we just can't understand

You and your wife discuss college football on Tuesday mornings over scones??? I've don't something wrong.

Also: Butch Jones - just no.

Not suggesting a re-hire mind you. Just wondering how many of you would go back in time and never fire him, seeing as you have Pruitt now. Maybe Pruitt could be transferred to Professor of English and not receive a buyout.

I think you are wrong. Butch was a good coach and would have gotten better with time. Dobbs was decent. That is why Butch played him. When we had Dobbs and Hurd on the field, we were doing pretty good.
Butch jumped Hurds ass for doing something stupid in a game and it hurt Hurds wittle feelings. He runs off like a cry baby. This did not help team chemistry. Butch was only doing his job.

Butch had him last on the depth chart as often as he could. He thought trying to run a read option with Worley was a better idea.

Hurd left, like many other recruits, because Butch flat out lied to him.

I’ll get flamed for this, but I seriously think our best option at this point is probably just bringing Butch back. Plus it would save us money since we are already paying his buyout anyway. I just think Butch is about the best coach we are going to be able to get at this point. The guy lit it up with recruiting, loved Tennessee, gave us a couple 9 win seasons, won 3 straight bowl games, and broke our losing streak to Florida. We got impatient when we had a bad season in 2017, but looking back, firing him certainly looks like a bad decision now. We could perhaps keep Pruitt on the staff as DC and maybe even retain Chaney too.
STFU Barb

Walt Wells? Kevin Beard? Those were the kind of losers Butch was hiring after four years at Tennessee. That is absolutely pathetic and just goes to show you what coaches thought of him.

I’ll get flamed for this, but I seriously think our best option at this point is probably just bringing Butch back. Plus it would save us money since we are already paying his buyout anyway. I just think Butch is about the best coach we are going to be able to get at this point. The guy lit it up with recruiting, loved Tennessee, gave us a couple 9 win seasons, won 3 straight bowl games, and broke our losing streak to Florida. We got impatient when we had a bad season in 2017, but looking back, firing him certainly looks like a bad decision now. We could perhaps keep Pruitt on the staff as DC and maybe even retain Chaney too.
This poster should be banned from volnation for life!!!!!! And put in a mental institution

Not suggesting a re-hire mind you. Just wondering how many of you would go back in time and never fire him, seeing as you have Pruitt now. Maybe Pruitt could be transferred to Professor of English and not receive a buyout.
I would rather he not have been fired; we might as well give someone time to get it done, instead of starting all over every four years.

I would rather he not have been fired; we might as well give someone time to get it done, instead of starting all over every four years.
He had five years to build and he came up with the worst season in school history and left a pathetic roster for the next guy.

Lol, yep. Bring the bricklayer back...genius. Just as your starting to get rid of the cancer that is the Butch Jones roster, bring him back and let him to do to y’all again. I love it, not sure which would be worse for y’all and more comical for the rest of the league. A-Bring back Butch...or B-Bring Fulmer back. Hell either one is great iyam, so I place my vote for either.

Butch is history. Let it go.

Let’s focus on the now and the future........

Boy butch did win the cupcake games, that is how we got bowl games while he was HC (for several years). A loss to BAMA is not the same as a loss to GS, a non conference game is not the same as a Conference game, W or L. Once you subtract the Vandy wins (we were not kicking butt in the SEC), boy butch was not the savior of TN football his pool boy band would have you believe. He did not have us on the "right track", he did not have us "moving in the right direction" and the dumpster fire excuse is only good for so many years.....

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Where would we be today if we had continued to let Butch play with his bricks? Would we better? What would our record be?
Well... I would have gotten the matching end tables to complete the set...
fOfYiCG.jpg

Still hosed. We would still have JG. If you look at his stats from high school they are pretty similiar to what he has here, which should have been a red flag. His highlight reel shows him running though but after re-watching it I am convinced he was playing against some of the worst high school teams in the country and it made him look more athletic then he actually is. Butches 2016/2017 recruiting was basically selling a bill of goods to UT.

Reactions: feathersax
Dobbs made Butch
Hell Dobbs made the line look better than it was

Dobbs leaves Butch loses.
Practices were weak
AD was filled with people who were afraid
SC was weak

He can’t get a real job even at Maryland.
Yea, that’s a solid case for keeping someone around
TRUTH!:cool:

VN Store

Back