Just bring Butch back

Vols1891

I’ll get flamed for this, but I seriously think our best option at this point is probably just bringing Butch back. Plus it would save us money since we are already paying his buyout anyway. I just think Butch is about the best coach we are going to be able to get at this point. The guy lit it up with recruiting, loved Tennessee, gave us a couple 9 win seasons, won 3 straight bowl games, and broke our losing streak to Florida. We got impatient when we had a bad season in 2017, but looking back, firing him certainly looks like a bad decision now. We could perhaps keep Pruitt on the staff as DC and maybe even retain Chaney too.

I’ll get flamed for this, but I seriously think our best option at this point is probably just bringing Butch back. Plus it would save us money since we are already paying his buyout anyway. I just think Butch is about the best coach we are going to be able to get at this point. The guy lit it up with recruiting, loved Tennessee, gave us a couple 9 win seasons, won 3 straight bowl games, and broke our losing streak to Florida. We got impatient when we had a bad season in 2017, but looking back, firing him certainly looks like a bad decision now. We could perhaps keep Pruitt on the staff as DC and maybe even retain Chaney too.

Duck OP.

The blind hatred for CBJ is strong on VN.. there are some who blame him for 3 losses this year...

I also wouldn’t have a problem with bringing Dooley back as our OC either. It would be cool to see both Butch and Dooley teamed up on the sideline for the Vols.

Reactions: I40flyer
Heck no!!

I also wouldn’t have a problem with bringing Dooley back as our OC either. It would be cool to see both Butch and Dooley teamed up on the sideline for the Vols.

Lol

One couldn’t or wouldn’t recruit, but could coach.

One could recruit, but couldn’t coach.

Together they would be less sucky......but Doofy would have to be the head coach, because Butch’s ego wouldn’t let Doofy do his own thing.

I’m hoping for a bit better.

Let's get the whole band back together then. Butch, Dooley, Kiffin.. let's keep Pruitt as DC.

Butch as special teams and recruiting coordinator.
Lane as HC and QBs. Dooley passing game coordinator/co OC with Chaney.

Reactions: 99grad
I'd take him over the band guy.

Johnny wanted to be here when he was fired. The other loser skipped to the bank and was glad to go.
That isnt remotely true with regard to CBJ. He was furius and embarassed he was let go. He did want to be here and was excited as hell when his teams won some big games.

Doubt we will ever see Pruitt give two ***** whether or we win..certainly wont see him celebrating a victory. Assuming we can actually get another one in his tenured.

Reactions: bigdan
I'd rather have him than Cornbread, but he needs a smaller job. I think he could do a solid job at a school like East Carolina, South Florida, etc.

There were times when it was obvious the stress of being here was getting to him.

Reactions: 508mikey
Let's get the whole band back together then. Butch, Dooley, Kiffin.. let's keep Pruitt as DC.

Butch as special teams and recruiting coordinator.
Lane as HC and QBs. Dooley passing game coordinator/co OC with Chaney.

Wonder if they would all work like heck?

Reactions: oheron16

VN Store

Back