Just a heads up Vitello will be on Tony Basilio show today

- Said that Charlie Taylor and Cal Stark are battling for the catcher spot.
- Plan to play a lot of players on their trip to AZ. Especially in the outfield.
- They really like Griffin Merritt. Said he has become a leader.

Point #3 does not surprise me one bit after listening to his episode on stache talk. What a luxury to bring in someone from the portal who can immediately become a team leader, especially with a talented but younger and less experienced group.

- Said that Charlie Taylor and Cal Stark are battling for the catcher spot.
- Plan to play a lot of players on their trip to AZ. Especially in the outfield.
- They really like Griffin Merritt. Said he has become a leader.
Dreiling will start at least once in OF opening weekend in AZ. Chapman likely as well.
Ryan Miller has been hitting bombs over batters eye in BP. Getting better on D at Catcher.
Dickey will play OF to open season (assume this is due to recovery from broken hand)

2 players (pitchers) no one is talking about....until now. This caught the coaches off guard, but I am hearing that Halverson and Joyce will play a BIG role in the reliever/closer role.
Decisions are currently being made. The steel has begun to solidify. The final alloy is yet to be determined. Forging will be next…

I feel like I’m slightly concerned that Charlie Taylor might be our starting catcher. Hopefully he has had a good offseason, because his bat last year was kind of a black hole in the lineup. Rooting for him though!!

Reactions: volz2wallz
‎Tony Basilio Next Level Network: 1-26-2023 Tony Basilio Show on Apple Podcasts[/QUOTE

Is there a time stamp? Listening to Basillio for a Vitello interview is like digging through a dog turd to find the diamond ring.

Last edited:
I feel like I’m slightly concerned that Charlie Taylor might be our starting catcher. Hopefully he has had a good offseason, because his bat last year was kind of a black hole in the lineup. Rooting for him though!!
Chuck looked solid with the bat in the Fall and had a walkoff in one of the scrimmages. I think he will be much improved with the bat I suspect we will see a lot of Stark as well. Miller has a big bat and is improving behind the plate on D as well. Might play matchups to decide who will start behind the plate on a given day.

VN Store

Back