Jumping ahead to the UGA game hope we repeat 2004 game

JH will probably need a couple more years to build depth, but then UT will repay many of the SEC schools for past losses. Especially if JH is able to land his QB of choice.

Finallly it appears that there may be

light at the end of the tunnel for our beloved Tennessee Vols

His QB of choice will be riding the pine behind HH if two Hs is healthy.

2004: In 2004, No. 17 Tennessee ended the back to back SEC Eastern Division Champions 17-game home winning streak with a shocking upset, 19–14. The victory propelled the Volunteers to the SEC Eastern Division Championship, and knocked No. 3 UGA out of the national title. The Vols were a 12 point underdog and coming off a 34–10 loss to Auburn the week before. Tennessee took a 10–0 lead in the first quarter, and went to halftime with a 13–7 lead. Late of the third quarter, the Bulldogs attempted a unsuccessful fake a punt on a 4 and 3 , and Tennessee took advantage and took a 19–7 lead. The Bulldogs answered with a rushing touchdown to cut the lead to five. Towards the end of the game Georgia rushed to the Tennessee 19-yard, but time expired giving the Vols the 19–14 victory.[12][13]Tennessee was the eventual SEC east champions, and lost in the SEC Championship game in a rematch against Auburn, 38–28.

Well, with the record we have now? Beating Georgia will not propell the Volunteers into the SEC East Division Championship. Not this year.

However, can they beat Georgia? It would take a miracle. Georgia would have to overlook us completely, and pretty much? Just crap their pants on every play. Plus the Vols would need to play the first perfect game to beat them. Georgia is well stocked with good players. And the odds are so long, they are not worth discussing.

But this is why you play the games. When I tuned into the Bama game and saw the Vols were up 14-7 at the end of the first quarter? I considered that a miracle. So, all I can say is believe. Back our players, and if beating them includes having to listen to you morons sing Rocky Top Woo? I might manage to sing along...Once or twice. Without barfing. But not a third. Too risky.

I love the optimism and look forward to GA as do most, but KY will not be a “cake walk”. Levis is a scrambling QB that throws well. We haven’t matched up well so far this year with that type. Not a nega vol, just my opinion

Agree. Also, for whatever reason we kept running on 1st and 2nd down getting us behind the sticks too often. We have to mix the playcalling up more against that defense on 1st and 2nd downs.

i think we’ll have to just start out passing every down - short possession passes - and if we can move the ball and make some first downs start slipping in some runs…but to lineup and just run at Georgia is a bad strategy IMO

Reactions: TN1111
if we are healthy, we win that game. not impressed with their offense.
You realize their offense typically gets short fields because of theri defense and occasionally the defense scores. So yeah their offense doesnt really have to be good. Just average and they stomp folks.

Actually I don’t really need to. Why don’t you go ahead and tell me who they’ve played that’s really good to justify that #2 SOS.

Edit: our schedule is a helluva lot tougher than UGA’s. Pitt>Clemson Ole Miss>Arkansas Bama>UK

*You lost all three of the games you've mentioned.

This is not subjective:

Strength of Schedule
1 Alabama (7-1)
2 Georgia (8-0)
3 Florida (4-4)
4 Auburn (6-2)
5 Mississippi (6-2)
6 Penn State (5-3)
7 Miami (FL) (4-4)
8 Clemson (5-3)
9 Wisconsin (5-3)
10 Arkansas (5-3)
11 Texas (4-4)
12 Notre Dame (7-1)
13 Ohio State (7-1)
14 Michigan (7-1)
15 LSU (4-4)
16 Purdue (5-3)
17 Indiana (2-6)
18 Nebraska (3-6)
19 Iowa (6-2)
20Tennessee (4-4)

This is not subjective:

Strength of Schedule
1 Alabama (7-1)
2 Georgia (8-0)
3 Florida (4-4)
4 Auburn (6-2)
5 Mississippi (6-2)
6 Penn State (5-3)
7 Miami (FL) (4-4)
8 Clemson (5-3)
9 Wisconsin (5-3)
10 Arkansas (5-3)
11 Texas (4-4)
12 Notre Dame (7-1)
13 Ohio State (7-1)
14 Michigan (7-1)
15 LSU (4-4)
16 Purdue (5-3)
17 Indiana (2-6)
18 Nebraska (3-6)
19 Iowa (6-2)
20Tennessee (4-4)

It is most certainly objective. Strength of schedule and power rankings are pure opinion.

This is not subjective:

Strength of Schedule
1 Alabama (7-1)
2 Georgia (8-0)
3 Florida (4-4)
4 Auburn (6-2)
5 Mississippi (6-2)
6 Penn State (5-3)
7 Miami (FL) (4-4)
8 Clemson (5-3)
9 Wisconsin (5-3)
10 Arkansas (5-3)
11 Texas (4-4)
12 Notre Dame (7-1)
13 Ohio State (7-1)
14 Michigan (7-1)
15 LSU (4-4)
16 Purdue (5-3)
17 Indiana (2-6)
18 Nebraska (3-6)
19 Iowa (6-2)
20Tennessee (4-4)

Thanks for the asterisks, I was unaware .
At the time I was pointing out common opponents. Your Acc opponent vs ours. Pitt is better than Clemson.
Ole Miss beat Arkansas and I would say that Bama is tougher than Auburn, but that could change bc Auburn is playing well now and weird things happen at the Iron Bowl. If you want to point out that Bowling Green and TTU are garbage and Charleston S. and UAB are better programs fine. I’ll give you GT bc that’s an annual OOC game that we don’t have. However, tell me where I’m factually incorrect here with everything else.

Thanks for the asterisks, I was unaware .
At the time I was pointing out common opponents. Your Acc opponent vs ours. Pitt is better than Clemson.
Ole Miss beat Arkansas and I would say that Bama is tougher than Auburn, but that could change bc Auburn is playing well now and weird things happen at the Iron Bowl. If you want to point out that Bowling Green and TTU are garbage and Charleston S. and UAB are better programs fine. I’ll give you GT bc that’s an annual OOC game that we don’t have. However, tell me where I’m factually incorrect here with everything else.
You weren't wrong anywhere. Georgia fans as a collective have fully emblazoned their minds with the fact that they are playing the toughest opponents every week. That is nothing but a lie. Georgia hasn't played anyone with an offense that has a pulse yet. That is fact. I've also seen a good number of them calling for the SEC Title game to be UGA vs Auburn. That is very laughable. I hate Alabama as much as anyone else here does, but the fact remains, UGA will be nothing unless they can knock off the king and that is not going to happen.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
You weren't wrong anywhere. Georgia fans as a collective have fully emblazoned their minds with the fact that they are playing the toughest opponents every week. That is nothing but a lie. Georgia hasn't played anyone with an offense that has a pulse yet. That is fact. I've also seen a good number of them calling for the SEC Title game to be UGA vs Auburn. That is very laughable. I hate Alabama as much as anyone else here does, but the fact remains, UGA will be nothing unless they can knock off the king and that is not going to happen.

Again, strength of schedule statistics don't lie, and UGA has the 2nd toughest SOS in the country. Tennessee's at #20. These are non-subjective stats. Polls also have Georgia at #1 and Bama at #3. These are also non-subjective rankings. You can have whatever opinions you want, but your opinions are skewed by your own biases. Facts are facts.

Florida is 11th in total offense and Auburn is 26th in scoring offense. If you remove the UGA game for Auburn they break the top 20 in scoring offense. I'd say those teams are at least decent offensively.

Florida is 11th in total offense and Auburn is 26th in scoring offense. If you remove the UGA game for Auburn they break the top 20 in scoring offense. I'd say those teams are at least decent offensively.
They're really not. UGA will run into a team that will score and UGA will have to match it to stay in it. They won't do that.

Again, strength of schedule statistics don't lie, and UGA has the 2nd toughest SOS in the country. Tennessee's at #20. These are non-subjective stats. Polls also have Georgia at #1 and Bama at #3. These are also non-subjective rankings. You can have whatever opinions you want, but your opinions are skewed by your own biases. Facts are facts.
It's not being bias. It's being a realist. Name one offense you all have played this year that is playoff or SEC Title worthy.

They're really not. UGA will run into a team that will score and UGA will have to match it to stay in it. They won't do that.
If top 25 isn't decent, what is? The #51 scoring defense, not even decent according to you, held OSU to under 30 while missing their 2 best players. Then the #8 scoring defense held OSU to 33. As for Bama, the only two teams with a top 50 scoring defense they played, UF and A&M, held them to 31. Using your logic, won't OSU and Bama have issues if they can't put more than 31 on "bad" defenses?

Anyway, I don't think UGA is winning anything Stetson at QB, so this is all fairly irrelevant. UGA's main goal should be to figure out a way to get Daniels back, which is probably going to be difficult considering he's made of styrofoam.

If top 25 isn't decent, what is? The #51 scoring defense, not even decent according to you, held OSU to under 30 while missing their 2 best players. Then the #8 scoring defense held OSU to 33. As for Bama, the only two teams with a top 50 scoring defense they played, UF and A&M, held them to 31. Using your logic, won't OSU and Bama have issues if they can't put more than 31 on "bad" defenses?
I am speaking about offenses. Georgia has not played an offense with a pulse yet, when they do, you'll see exactly what I am talking about.

Reactions: tngivm6
It says they’re SOS is #2. Maybe they are with whatever formula that’s being used. I’m just pointing out that our conference schedule was tougher, debatable now that Auburn beat Ole Miss, but at the time I definitely would’ve taken UGA’s schedule instead of ours. I still would.

I agree that they haven’t played anyone that dynamic offensively. There are some good teams. Auburn still has Good Bo and Bad Bo. Arkansas was a cute story for a few weeks and Florida is not what they were in the 2 weeks that they played Bama and us. I’m not saying UGA isn’t very good and not worthy of their #1 ranking, they are. The time that I posted about their schedule I didn’t agree with it being the 2nd toughest in the country and made an argument saying that our schedule was tougher.

Reactions: NO SIR EEE

This is not subjective:

Strength of Schedule
1 Alabama (7-1)
2 Georgia (8-0)
3 Florida (4-4)
4 Auburn (6-2)
5 Mississippi (6-2)
6 Penn State (5-3)
7 Miami (FL) (4-4)
8 Clemson (5-3)
9 Wisconsin (5-3)
10 Arkansas (5-3)
11 Texas (4-4)
12 Notre Dame (7-1)
13 Ohio State (7-1)
14 Michigan (7-1)
15 LSU (4-4)
16 Purdue (5-3)
17 Indiana (2-6)
18 Nebraska (3-6)
19 Iowa (6-2)
20Tennessee (4-4)
No way Georgia has the second hardest schedule. 4697AB35-84BD-49C3-B5A5-10C14B4A314E.png
Clemson, obviously isn’t who they used to be. USCe, no offense. Vandy 🙄, Auburn was a good victory, give the Dawgs that one, UK… same UK this time of year, Florida collapse under the pressure, they aren’t who they used to be either.
Georgia is good, and respected, but they haven’t played any offensive juggernauts yet.

It says they’re SOS is #2. Maybe they are with whatever formula that’s being used. I’m just pointing out that our conference schedule was tougher, debatable now that Auburn beat Ole Miss, but at the time I definitely would’ve taken UGA’s schedule instead of ours. I still would.

I agree that they haven’t played anyone that dynamic offensively. There are some good teams. Auburn still has Good Bo and Bad Bo. Arkansas was a cute story for a few weeks and Florida is not what they were in the 2 weeks that they played Bama and us. I’m not saying UGA isn’t very good and not worthy of their #1 ranking, they are. The time that I posted about their schedule I didn’t agree with it being the 2nd toughest in the country and made an argument saying that our schedule was tougher.
Agreed. Our schedule is way tougher, and I would've gladly switched as well.

No way Georgia has the second hardest schedule. View attachment 407971
Clemson, obviously isn’t who they used to be. USCe, no offense. Vandy 🙄, Auburn was a good victory, give the Dawgs that one, UK… same UK this time of year, Florida collapse under the pressure, they aren’t who they used to be either.
Georgia is good, and respected, but they haven’t played any offensive juggernauts yet.
FACTS

I am speaking about offenses. Georgia has not played an offense with a pulse yet, when they do, you'll see exactly what I am talking about.
Totally agree with you!!
They have a good defense, no argument there, but just look at who they have played 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: NO SIR EEE
Totally agree with you!!
They have a good defense, no argument there, but just look at who they have played 🤷🏼‍♂️
Georgia's defense is good, but that offense has a long way to go before I take them seriously as some juggernaut due to the low competition they have played so far.

Reactions: tngivm6

VN Store

Back